Re: [jacksongenealogy]Census lookup - STEVENS

  • joy0420@charter.net
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 9 5:30 AM
      I have very little info on him. I think he was born 1913, b/c on his obit it states "died 7-13-2000 age 87".
      I am going to think he was born in either Jackson or Dekalb Alabama or Hamilton Co, Tn. He was living in Henegar, Al when he died.

      Thanks. Joy

      ---- clay gullatt <blackcloud27030@...> wrote:
      > Joy
      >
      > No listing. To find him I would need birth info state/year.
      >
      > Clay

    • Joy
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 10 5:55 AM
        Clay, he is on the 1920 Jackson Co, Alabama census in Bridgeport, under father Joseph T. Stevens. Do you have access to the 1930?

        Thanks. JOY

        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 10 7:56 AM
          In the 1930 census, Raymond is still with his parents in Bridgeport:

          Name Age Joe T Stephens 53 Ida Stephens 47 Raymon R Stephens 18 Louis B Stephens 13

          Source Citation: Year: 1930; Census Place: Bridgeport, Jackson, Alabama; Roll: 20; Page: 1A; Enumeration District: 1; Image: 558.0.

          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 10 1:16 PM
            U.S. Census > 1930 United States Federal Census > Alabama > Jackson >
            Bridgeport > District 1: Ancestry page 1:

            [9] [9] Joe T Stephens M W b 1877 M 28 No Yes TN TN TN Labor Saw Mill 7844 W
            Yes XX No XX XX
            wife: Ida F W b 1883 M 16 No Yes TN TN TN
            Children:
            Raymon[d] R Son M W b 1912 S AL TN TN Labor Saw Mill;

            Locia [Lydia?] Daughter F W b 1917 AL TN TN

            Married abt 1905.

            U.S. Census > 1920 United States Federal Census > Alabama > Jackson >
            Bridgeport > District 23: Ancestry page 10:

            X [95] [95] Joseph T Stevens Head R XX M W b 1875 XX XX Yes TN TN KY XX Yes
            Lumber Spader Saw Mill W
            wife: Ida wife XX XX F W b 1882 M XX XX XX XX Yes Yes TN TN TN XX None
            Children:
            Georgia C Daughter b 1902 S TN
            Vernon L Son b 1906 S AL
            Joseph C Son b 1908 S TN
            Raymon[d] R Son b 1908 TN
            Lois B Daughter b 3 3/12 [1917] AL

            U.S. Census > 1910 United States Federal Census > Alabama > Jackson >
            Collins > District 37: Ancestry page: 9

            80 80 Joseph Stephens Head M W b 1881 M1 6 AL AL AL Farmer - General Farm
            wife Ida E; F W b 1883 M1 6 0 0 AL AL AL Laborer General Farm
            Charles B Worthen Brother-in-Law M W b 1906 S AL AL AL None

            Search of 1900 Census:

            U.S. Census > 19 U.S. Census > 1900 United States Federal Census > Alabama >
            Cherokee > Spring Garden > District 119 Ancestry page: 5:

            43 47 Moses Lockridge Head M W b Aug 1861 M 15 6 6 GA GA GA Farmer; wife
            Martha J b Jan 1869 AL GA SC; children: James b May 1886 AL; Robert b Mar 1888
            AL; Annie b Jul 1896 AL; Sallie b Apr 1894 AL; Nobie [sic] b Nov 1896 AL;
            Charles b Jul 1898 AL; Moses Hilbert Nephew b Jan 1878 AL;

            XX 48 Joseph Stephens Nephew b Jun 1878 AL AL GA Farm Labor

            U.S. Census > 1900 United States Federal Census > Alabama > Hale >
            Greensboro > District 51: Ancestry page 30:

            363 371 Martha Perry Head W F b Jul 1834 WD 2 2 AL SC SC; children: Joe
            Stephens b Dec 1871 AL AL AL; Andrew b May 1877 AL AL AL Farm labor

            362 370 D D Perry b Sep 1848 M 19 AL TN AL Farmer; wife: Kesea b Aug 1859 M
            19 1 1 AL SC AL; children: John b Sep 1871 AL; boarder: Nancy Stephens b March
            1870 AL AL AL

            U.S. Census > 1900 United States Federal Census > Alabama > Jackson >
            Hollytree > District 44 Ancestry page 7: 35 35 Joe R Hill b Jan 1876 M 4 AL AL AL
            Farmer; wife Maggie O b Oct 1879 4 2 1 AL AL AL; children: Mac E b Oct 1897
            AL; boarder: Joe Stevens b Jan 1882 AL AL AL

            U.S. Census > 1900 United States Federal Census > Tennessee > Jackson >
            Civil District 6 > District 25: Ancestry page 10: 311 311 Joe Stevens b Aug
            1876 M 4 TN TN TN Farmer; wife: Dora b Jan 1880 4 2 1 TN TN TN; children Mary b
            Oct 1899 [2/12] TN.

            U.S. Census > 1900 United States Federal Census > Alabama > Etowah > Gadsden
            > District 148: Ancestry page 17: 166 190 William T Stephens b Oct 1856 M
            13 AL SC AL Farmer; wife Georgia A b Jun 1871 M 13 5 5 AL AL GA; children:
            Nobie W b Sep 1887 AL; Bertie A b July 1893 AL; Walter G b Oct 1894; Joseph b
            Dec 1896 AL; Edith C b Apr 1899 AL.

            http://www.aol.com

          • altafae@aol.com
            Message 5 of 13 , Mar 10 1:51 PM
              In a message dated 3/9/2007 5:33:53 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
              joy0420@... writes:

              1913, b/c on his obit it states "died 7-13-2000 age 87".

              Social Security Death Index
              Name: Ray R. Stevens
              SSN: 416-05-9963
              Last Residence: 35978 Henagar, DE Kalb, Alabama, United States of America

              Born: 24 Feb 1912
              Died: 13 Jul 2000
              State (Year) SSN issued: Alabama (Before 1951 )
              Birth, Marriage & Death > Alabama Marriage Collection, 1800-1969 > 1965 > S:
              Ancestry page 1018:
              Alabama Marriage Collection, 1800-1969
              Name: Raymond Stevens
              Marriage Date: Dec 1965
              County: Calhoun
              State: Alabama
              Source information: Alabama Center for Health Statistics
              Name Spouse Marriage Date County
              Ray Stevens 20 Dec 1952 Dale
              Ray Stevens Jul 1963 Marshall
              Ray G Stevens 3 Jun 1944 Conecuh

              http://www.aol.com

            • altafae@aol.com
              Message 6 of 13 , Mar 10 1:52 PM
                _U.S. World War II Army Enlistment Records, 1938-1946_
                (http://www.ancestry.com/search/db.aspx?dbid=8939&enc=1)
                Name: Raymond Birth Year: 1912 Race: White, citizen (White)
                Nativity State or Country: Alabama State: Alabama County or City: Marshall
                Enlistment Date: 11 May 1942 Enlistment State: Alabama Enlistment City: Fort
                McClellan Branch: Branch Immaterial - Warrant Officers, USA Branch Code:
                Branch Immaterial - Warrant Officers, USA Grade: Private Grade Code:
                Private Term of Enlistment: Enlistment for the duration of the War or other
                emergency, plus six months, subject to the discretion of the President or
                otherwise according to law Component: Selectees (Enlisted Men) Source: Civil
                Life Education: 3 years of high school Civil Occupation: Gunsmith*
                (Armorer), Diesel Mechanic (Automobile mechanic, Diesel engine), Camera Repairman
                (still camera), Instrument Repairman, Nonelectrical (Instrument maker),
                Utility Repairman (Mechanic, general), Equipment Maintenance Man, Motion Picture
                equipment Marital Status: Married Height: 66 Weight: 148
                http://www.aol.com

              • Joy
                Message 7 of 13 , Mar 10 2:10 PM
                  Thank you very much! Joy

                  Message 8 of 13 , Mar 11 9:25 AM
                    Thank you so much for the info! It is all greatly appreciated.