Re: [jacksongenealogy]Census lookup - STEVENS

    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 8 3:32 PM
      Joy

      No listing. To find him I would need birth info state/year.

    • joy0420@charter.net
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 9 5:30 AM
        I have very little info on him. I think he was born 1913, b/c on his obit it states "died 7-13-2000 age 87".
        I am going to think he was born in either Jackson or Dekalb Alabama or Hamilton Co, Tn. He was living in Henegar, Al when he died.

        Thanks. Joy

        ---- clay gullatt <blackcloud27030@...> wrote:
        > Joy
        >
        > No listing. To find him I would need birth info state/year.
        >
        > Clay

      • Joy
        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 10 5:55 AM
          Clay, he is on the 1920 Jackson Co, Alabama census in Bridgeport, under father Joseph T. Stevens. Do you have access to the 1930?

          Thanks. JOY

          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 10 7:56 AM
            In the 1930 census, Raymond is still with his parents in Bridgeport:

            Name Age Joe T Stephens 53 Ida Stephens 47 Raymon R Stephens 18 Louis B Stephens 13

            Source Citation: Year: 1930; Census Place: Bridgeport, Jackson, Alabama; Roll: 20; Page: 1A; Enumeration District: 1; Image: 558.0.

            Message 5 of 13 , Mar 10 1:16 PM
              U.S. Census > 1930 United States Federal Census > Alabama > Jackson >
              Bridgeport > District 1: Ancestry page 1:

              [9] [9] Joe T Stephens M W b 1877 M 28 No Yes TN TN TN Labor Saw Mill 7844 W
              Yes XX No XX XX
              wife: Ida F W b 1883 M 16 No Yes TN TN TN
              Children:
              Raymon[d] R Son M W b 1912 S AL TN TN Labor Saw Mill;

              Locia [Lydia?] Daughter F W b 1917 AL TN TN

              Married abt 1905.

              U.S. Census > 1920 United States Federal Census > Alabama > Jackson >
              Bridgeport > District 23: Ancestry page 10:

              X [95] [95] Joseph T Stevens Head R XX M W b 1875 XX XX Yes TN TN KY XX Yes
              Lumber Spader Saw Mill W
              wife: Ida wife XX XX F W b 1882 M XX XX XX XX Yes Yes TN TN TN XX None
              Children:
              Georgia C Daughter b 1902 S TN
              Vernon L Son b 1906 S AL
              Joseph C Son b 1908 S TN
              Raymon[d] R Son b 1908 TN
              Lois B Daughter b 3 3/12 [1917] AL

              U.S. Census > 1910 United States Federal Census > Alabama > Jackson >
              Collins > District 37: Ancestry page: 9

              80 80 Joseph Stephens Head M W b 1881 M1 6 AL AL AL Farmer - General Farm
              wife Ida E; F W b 1883 M1 6 0 0 AL AL AL Laborer General Farm
              Charles B Worthen Brother-in-Law M W b 1906 S AL AL AL None

              Search of 1900 Census:

              U.S. Census > 19 U.S. Census > 1900 United States Federal Census > Alabama >
              Cherokee > Spring Garden > District 119 Ancestry page: 5:

              43 47 Moses Lockridge Head M W b Aug 1861 M 15 6 6 GA GA GA Farmer; wife
              Martha J b Jan 1869 AL GA SC; children: James b May 1886 AL; Robert b Mar 1888
              AL; Annie b Jul 1896 AL; Sallie b Apr 1894 AL; Nobie [sic] b Nov 1896 AL;
              Charles b Jul 1898 AL; Moses Hilbert Nephew b Jan 1878 AL;

              XX 48 Joseph Stephens Nephew b Jun 1878 AL AL GA Farm Labor

              U.S. Census > 1900 United States Federal Census > Alabama > Hale >
              Greensboro > District 51: Ancestry page 30:

              363 371 Martha Perry Head W F b Jul 1834 WD 2 2 AL SC SC; children: Joe
              Stephens b Dec 1871 AL AL AL; Andrew b May 1877 AL AL AL Farm labor

              362 370 D D Perry b Sep 1848 M 19 AL TN AL Farmer; wife: Kesea b Aug 1859 M
              19 1 1 AL SC AL; children: John b Sep 1871 AL; boarder: Nancy Stephens b March
              1870 AL AL AL

              U.S. Census > 1900 United States Federal Census > Alabama > Jackson >
              Hollytree > District 44 Ancestry page 7: 35 35 Joe R Hill b Jan 1876 M 4 AL AL AL
              Farmer; wife Maggie O b Oct 1879 4 2 1 AL AL AL; children: Mac E b Oct 1897
              AL; boarder: Joe Stevens b Jan 1882 AL AL AL

              U.S. Census > 1900 United States Federal Census > Tennessee > Jackson >
              Civil District 6 > District 25: Ancestry page 10: 311 311 Joe Stevens b Aug
              1876 M 4 TN TN TN Farmer; wife: Dora b Jan 1880 4 2 1 TN TN TN; children Mary b
              Oct 1899 [2/12] TN.

              U.S. Census > 1900 United States Federal Census > Alabama > Etowah > Gadsden
              > District 148: Ancestry page 17: 166 190 William T Stephens b Oct 1856 M
              13 AL SC AL Farmer; wife Georgia A b Jun 1871 M 13 5 5 AL AL GA; children:
              Nobie W b Sep 1887 AL; Bertie A b July 1893 AL; Walter G b Oct 1894; Joseph b
              Dec 1896 AL; Edith C b Apr 1899 AL.

              http://www.aol.com

            • altafae@aol.com
              Message 6 of 13 , Mar 10 1:51 PM
                In a message dated 3/9/2007 5:33:53 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
                joy0420@... writes:

                1913, b/c on his obit it states "died 7-13-2000 age 87".

                Social Security Death Index
                Name: Ray R. Stevens
                SSN: 416-05-9963
                Last Residence: 35978 Henagar, DE Kalb, Alabama, United States of America

                Born: 24 Feb 1912
                Died: 13 Jul 2000
                State (Year) SSN issued: Alabama (Before 1951 )
                Birth, Marriage & Death > Alabama Marriage Collection, 1800-1969 > 1965 > S:
                Ancestry page 1018:
                Alabama Marriage Collection, 1800-1969
                Name: Raymond Stevens
                Marriage Date: Dec 1965
                County: Calhoun
                State: Alabama
                Source information: Alabama Center for Health Statistics
                Name Spouse Marriage Date County
                Ray Stevens 20 Dec 1952 Dale
                Ray Stevens Jul 1963 Marshall
                Ray G Stevens 3 Jun 1944 Conecuh

                http://www.aol.com

              • altafae@aol.com
                Message 7 of 13 , Mar 10 1:52 PM
                  _U.S. World War II Army Enlistment Records, 1938-1946_
                  (http://www.ancestry.com/search/db.aspx?dbid=8939&enc=1)
                  Name: Raymond Birth Year: 1912 Race: White, citizen (White)
                  Nativity State or Country: Alabama State: Alabama County or City: Marshall
                  Enlistment Date: 11 May 1942 Enlistment State: Alabama Enlistment City: Fort
                  McClellan Branch: Branch Immaterial - Warrant Officers, USA Branch Code:
                  Branch Immaterial - Warrant Officers, USA Grade: Private Grade Code:
                  Private Term of Enlistment: Enlistment for the duration of the War or other
                  emergency, plus six months, subject to the discretion of the President or
                  otherwise according to law Component: Selectees (Enlisted Men) Source: Civil
                  Life Education: 3 years of high school Civil Occupation: Gunsmith*
                  (Armorer), Diesel Mechanic (Automobile mechanic, Diesel engine), Camera Repairman
                  (still camera), Instrument Repairman, Nonelectrical (Instrument maker),
                  Utility Repairman (Mechanic, general), Equipment Maintenance Man, Motion Picture
                  equipment Marital Status: Married Height: 66 Weight: 148
                  http://www.aol.com

                • Joy
                  Message 8 of 13 , Mar 10 2:10 PM
                    Thank you very much! Joy

                    Message 9 of 13 , Mar 11 9:25 AM
                      Thank you so much for the info! It is all greatly appreciated.