Re: [jacksongenealogy] RE: Civil War Records

    Message 1 of 43 , Mar 8, 2007
      Judy

      The records for A thru R are available on line at

      http://www.archives.state.al.us/civilwar/search.cfm

      The phone no. is on that page. The staff at ADAH can't answer specific reference requests by phone. To submit a reference request to the ADAH use the below link. $15.00 for residents, $25.00 out of state. This is for up to 20 pages, .25 cents per page after that.

      http://www.archives.state.al.us/refernce.efinst.html

      If this link does not work google: Alabama Department of Archives and History and follow the links on the Main Page.

      I think everyone who has not done so should visit the Main Page at ADAH and go through the materials that they have available.

      Click on internet resources for one I think you will be amazed at all the stuff available.

      Also check out Newspaper, Maps and Photos this will lead to a Local Government Records Microfilm Database where you can search what is available on microfilm for the Jackson Co. Probate Judge's Office.

    • Joseph T. Richardson
      Message 43 of 43 , Sep 20, 2010
        I highly recommend Footnote.com. I've had cases where I paid the National
        Archives for a record search, only for them to return back that they
        couldn't find the records (despite my giving specific names, dates, and file
        numbers). I later found the records on Footnote.com. I've been a member for
        four years, and have them to be fast, reliable, good quality, and with a
        wide (and ever-growing) catalog of records.

        --Joseph