Re: [jacksongenealogy] ADAH CIVIL WAR SERVICE DATABASE

    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 7, 2007
      Google: civil war soldiers and sailors system

      This is a database maintained by the National Park Service. There are. Surratt, Surat Surrat and Suratt listed for both AL and TN. You need to check both states as many from Northern Alabama joined TN units. Might also check GA.

    • Lois Hannah
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 7, 2007
        Thank you Clay, sooo much.

        Google: civil war soldiers and sailors system

        This is a database maintained by the National Park Service. There are. Surratt, Surat Surrat and Suratt listed for both AL and TN. You need to check both states as many from Northern Alabama joined TN units. Might also check GA.

      • Joy
        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 8, 2007
          Could someone do a census lookup 1930 & back for Raymond R. Stevens, prob Jackson or Dekalb County, AL. Thanks. Joy

          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 8, 2007
            Joy

            No listing. To find him I would need birth info state/year.

          • joy0420@charter.net
            Message 5 of 13 , Mar 9, 2007
              I have very little info on him. I think he was born 1913, b/c on his obit it states "died 7-13-2000 age 87".
              I am going to think he was born in either Jackson or Dekalb Alabama or Hamilton Co, Tn. He was living in Henegar, Al when he died.

              Thanks. Joy

              ---- clay gullatt <blackcloud27030@...> wrote:
              > Joy
              >
              > No listing. To find him I would need birth info state/year.
              >
              > Clay

            • Joy
              Message 6 of 13 , Mar 10, 2007
                Clay, he is on the 1920 Jackson Co, Alabama census in Bridgeport, under father Joseph T. Stevens. Do you have access to the 1930?

                Thanks. JOY

                Message 7 of 13 , Mar 10, 2007
                  In the 1930 census, Raymond is still with his parents in Bridgeport:

                  Name Age Joe T Stephens 53 Ida Stephens 47 Raymon R Stephens 18 Louis B Stephens 13

                  Source Citation: Year: 1930; Census Place: Bridgeport, Jackson, Alabama; Roll: 20; Page: 1A; Enumeration District: 1; Image: 558.0.

                  Message 8 of 13 , Mar 10, 2007
                    U.S. Census > 1930 United States Federal Census > Alabama > Jackson >
                    Bridgeport > District 1: Ancestry page 1:

                    [9] [9] Joe T Stephens M W b 1877 M 28 No Yes TN TN TN Labor Saw Mill 7844 W
                    Yes XX No XX XX
                    wife: Ida F W b 1883 M 16 No Yes TN TN TN
                    Children:
                    Raymon[d] R Son M W b 1912 S AL TN TN Labor Saw Mill;

                    Locia [Lydia?] Daughter F W b 1917 AL TN TN

                    Married abt 1905.

                    U.S. Census > 1920 United States Federal Census > Alabama > Jackson >
                    Bridgeport > District 23: Ancestry page 10:

                    X [95] [95] Joseph T Stevens Head R XX M W b 1875 XX XX Yes TN TN KY XX Yes
                    Lumber Spader Saw Mill W
                    wife: Ida wife XX XX F W b 1882 M XX XX XX XX Yes Yes TN TN TN XX None
                    Children:
                    Georgia C Daughter b 1902 S TN
                    Vernon L Son b 1906 S AL
                    Joseph C Son b 1908 S TN
                    Raymon[d] R Son b 1908 TN
                    Lois B Daughter b 3 3/12 [1917] AL

                    U.S. Census > 1910 United States Federal Census > Alabama > Jackson >
                    Collins > District 37: Ancestry page: 9

                    80 80 Joseph Stephens Head M W b 1881 M1 6 AL AL AL Farmer - General Farm
                    wife Ida E; F W b 1883 M1 6 0 0 AL AL AL Laborer General Farm
                    Charles B Worthen Brother-in-Law M W b 1906 S AL AL AL None

                    Search of 1900 Census:

                    U.S. Census > 19 U.S. Census > 1900 United States Federal Census > Alabama >
                    Cherokee > Spring Garden > District 119 Ancestry page: 5:

                    43 47 Moses Lockridge Head M W b Aug 1861 M 15 6 6 GA GA GA Farmer; wife
                    Martha J b Jan 1869 AL GA SC; children: James b May 1886 AL; Robert b Mar 1888
                    AL; Annie b Jul 1896 AL; Sallie b Apr 1894 AL; Nobie [sic] b Nov 1896 AL;
                    Charles b Jul 1898 AL; Moses Hilbert Nephew b Jan 1878 AL;

                    XX 48 Joseph Stephens Nephew b Jun 1878 AL AL GA Farm Labor

                    U.S. Census > 1900 United States Federal Census > Alabama > Hale >
                    Greensboro > District 51: Ancestry page 30:

                    363 371 Martha Perry Head W F b Jul 1834 WD 2 2 AL SC SC; children: Joe
                    Stephens b Dec 1871 AL AL AL; Andrew b May 1877 AL AL AL Farm labor

                    362 370 D D Perry b Sep 1848 M 19 AL TN AL Farmer; wife: Kesea b Aug 1859 M
                    19 1 1 AL SC AL; children: John b Sep 1871 AL; boarder: Nancy Stephens b March
                    1870 AL AL AL

                    U.S. Census > 1900 United States Federal Census > Alabama > Jackson >
                    Hollytree > District 44 Ancestry page 7: 35 35 Joe R Hill b Jan 1876 M 4 AL AL AL
                    Farmer; wife Maggie O b Oct 1879 4 2 1 AL AL AL; children: Mac E b Oct 1897
                    AL; boarder: Joe Stevens b Jan 1882 AL AL AL

                    U.S. Census > 1900 United States Federal Census > Tennessee > Jackson >
                    Civil District 6 > District 25: Ancestry page 10: 311 311 Joe Stevens b Aug
                    1876 M 4 TN TN TN Farmer; wife: Dora b Jan 1880 4 2 1 TN TN TN; children Mary b
                    Oct 1899 [2/12] TN.

                    U.S. Census > 1900 United States Federal Census > Alabama > Etowah > Gadsden
                    > District 148: Ancestry page 17: 166 190 William T Stephens b Oct 1856 M
                    13 AL SC AL Farmer; wife Georgia A b Jun 1871 M 13 5 5 AL AL GA; children:
                    Nobie W b Sep 1887 AL; Bertie A b July 1893 AL; Walter G b Oct 1894; Joseph b
                    Dec 1896 AL; Edith C b Apr 1899 AL.

                    http://www.aol.com

                  • altafae@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 13 , Mar 10, 2007
                      In a message dated 3/9/2007 5:33:53 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
                      joy0420@... writes:

                      1913, b/c on his obit it states "died 7-13-2000 age 87".

                      Social Security Death Index
                      Name: Ray R. Stevens
                      SSN: 416-05-9963
                      Last Residence: 35978 Henagar, DE Kalb, Alabama, United States of America

                      Born: 24 Feb 1912
                      Died: 13 Jul 2000
                      State (Year) SSN issued: Alabama (Before 1951 )
                      Birth, Marriage & Death > Alabama Marriage Collection, 1800-1969 > 1965 > S:
                      Ancestry page 1018:
                      Alabama Marriage Collection, 1800-1969
                      Name: Raymond Stevens
                      Marriage Date: Dec 1965
                      County: Calhoun
                      State: Alabama
                      Source information: Alabama Center for Health Statistics
                      Name Spouse Marriage Date County
                      Ray Stevens 20 Dec 1952 Dale
                      Ray Stevens Jul 1963 Marshall
                      Ray G Stevens 3 Jun 1944 Conecuh

                      http://www.aol.com

                    • altafae@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 13 , Mar 10, 2007
                        _U.S. World War II Army Enlistment Records, 1938-1946_
                        (http://www.ancestry.com/search/db.aspx?dbid=8939&enc=1)
                        Name: Raymond Birth Year: 1912 Race: White, citizen (White)
                        Nativity State or Country: Alabama State: Alabama County or City: Marshall
                        Enlistment Date: 11 May 1942 Enlistment State: Alabama Enlistment City: Fort
                        McClellan Branch: Branch Immaterial - Warrant Officers, USA Branch Code:
                        Branch Immaterial - Warrant Officers, USA Grade: Private Grade Code:
                        Private Term of Enlistment: Enlistment for the duration of the War or other
                        emergency, plus six months, subject to the discretion of the President or
                        otherwise according to law Component: Selectees (Enlisted Men) Source: Civil
                        Life Education: 3 years of high school Civil Occupation: Gunsmith*
                        (Armorer), Diesel Mechanic (Automobile mechanic, Diesel engine), Camera Repairman
                        (still camera), Instrument Repairman, Nonelectrical (Instrument maker),
                        Utility Repairman (Mechanic, general), Equipment Maintenance Man, Motion Picture
                        equipment Marital Status: Married Height: 66 Weight: 148
                        http://www.aol.com

                      • Joy
                        Message 11 of 13 , Mar 10, 2007
                          Thank you very much! Joy

                          Message 12 of 13 , Mar 11, 2007
                            Thank you so much for the info! It is all greatly appreciated.