ADAH CIVIL WAR SERVICE DATABASE

  • hannah5910
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 7, 2007
      Is there any place else to search for Civil War Records besides the
      ADAH, at the state level. They are only up to the R's. My name is
      Sarratt. Or just be patient and wait?
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 7, 2007
        Google: civil war soldiers and sailors system

        This is a database maintained by the National Park Service. There are. Surratt, Surat Surrat and Suratt listed for both AL and TN. You need to check both states as many from Northern Alabama joined TN units. Might also check GA.

      • Lois Hannah
        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 7, 2007
          Thank you Clay, sooo much.

          Google: civil war soldiers and sailors system

          This is a database maintained by the National Park Service. There are. Surratt, Surat Surrat and Suratt listed for both AL and TN. You need to check both states as many from Northern Alabama joined TN units. Might also check GA.

        • Joy
          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 8, 2007
            Could someone do a census lookup 1930 & back for Raymond R. Stevens, prob Jackson or Dekalb County, AL. Thanks. Joy

            Message 5 of 13 , Mar 8, 2007
              Joy

              No listing. To find him I would need birth info state/year.

            • joy0420@charter.net
              Message 6 of 13 , Mar 9, 2007
                I have very little info on him. I think he was born 1913, b/c on his obit it states "died 7-13-2000 age 87".
                I am going to think he was born in either Jackson or Dekalb Alabama or Hamilton Co, Tn. He was living in Henegar, Al when he died.

                Thanks. Joy

                ---- clay gullatt <blackcloud27030@...> wrote:
                > Joy
                >
                > No listing. To find him I would need birth info state/year.
                >
                > Clay

              • Joy
                Message 7 of 13 , Mar 10, 2007
                  Clay, he is on the 1920 Jackson Co, Alabama census in Bridgeport, under father Joseph T. Stevens. Do you have access to the 1930?

                  Thanks. JOY

                  Message 8 of 13 , Mar 10, 2007
                    In the 1930 census, Raymond is still with his parents in Bridgeport:

                    Name Age Joe T Stephens 53 Ida Stephens 47 Raymon R Stephens 18 Louis B Stephens 13

                    Source Citation: Year: 1930; Census Place: Bridgeport, Jackson, Alabama; Roll: 20; Page: 1A; Enumeration District: 1; Image: 558.0.

                    Message 9 of 13 , Mar 10, 2007
                      U.S. Census > 1930 United States Federal Census > Alabama > Jackson >
                      Bridgeport > District 1: Ancestry page 1:

                      [9] [9] Joe T Stephens M W b 1877 M 28 No Yes TN TN TN Labor Saw Mill 7844 W
                      Yes XX No XX XX
                      wife: Ida F W b 1883 M 16 No Yes TN TN TN
                      Children:
                      Raymon[d] R Son M W b 1912 S AL TN TN Labor Saw Mill;

                      Locia [Lydia?] Daughter F W b 1917 AL TN TN

                      Married abt 1905.

                      U.S. Census > 1920 United States Federal Census > Alabama > Jackson >
                      Bridgeport > District 23: Ancestry page 10:

                      X [95] [95] Joseph T Stevens Head R XX M W b 1875 XX XX Yes TN TN KY XX Yes
                      Lumber Spader Saw Mill W
                      wife: Ida wife XX XX F W b 1882 M XX XX XX XX Yes Yes TN TN TN XX None
                      Children:
                      Georgia C Daughter b 1902 S TN
                      Vernon L Son b 1906 S AL
                      Joseph C Son b 1908 S TN
                      Raymon[d] R Son b 1908 TN
                      Lois B Daughter b 3 3/12 [1917] AL

                      U.S. Census > 1910 United States Federal Census > Alabama > Jackson >
                      Collins > District 37: Ancestry page: 9

                      80 80 Joseph Stephens Head M W b 1881 M1 6 AL AL AL Farmer - General Farm
                      wife Ida E; F W b 1883 M1 6 0 0 AL AL AL Laborer General Farm
                      Charles B Worthen Brother-in-Law M W b 1906 S AL AL AL None

                      Search of 1900 Census:

                      U.S. Census > 19 U.S. Census > 1900 United States Federal Census > Alabama >
                      Cherokee > Spring Garden > District 119 Ancestry page: 5:

                      43 47 Moses Lockridge Head M W b Aug 1861 M 15 6 6 GA GA GA Farmer; wife
                      Martha J b Jan 1869 AL GA SC; children: James b May 1886 AL; Robert b Mar 1888
                      AL; Annie b Jul 1896 AL; Sallie b Apr 1894 AL; Nobie [sic] b Nov 1896 AL;
                      Charles b Jul 1898 AL; Moses Hilbert Nephew b Jan 1878 AL;

                      XX 48 Joseph Stephens Nephew b Jun 1878 AL AL GA Farm Labor

                      U.S. Census > 1900 United States Federal Census > Alabama > Hale >
                      Greensboro > District 51: Ancestry page 30:

                      363 371 Martha Perry Head W F b Jul 1834 WD 2 2 AL SC SC; children: Joe
                      Stephens b Dec 1871 AL AL AL; Andrew b May 1877 AL AL AL Farm labor

                      362 370 D D Perry b Sep 1848 M 19 AL TN AL Farmer; wife: Kesea b Aug 1859 M
                      19 1 1 AL SC AL; children: John b Sep 1871 AL; boarder: Nancy Stephens b March
                      1870 AL AL AL

                      U.S. Census > 1900 United States Federal Census > Alabama > Jackson >
                      Hollytree > District 44 Ancestry page 7: 35 35 Joe R Hill b Jan 1876 M 4 AL AL AL
                      Farmer; wife Maggie O b Oct 1879 4 2 1 AL AL AL; children: Mac E b Oct 1897
                      AL; boarder: Joe Stevens b Jan 1882 AL AL AL

                      U.S. Census > 1900 United States Federal Census > Tennessee > Jackson >
                      Civil District 6 > District 25: Ancestry page 10: 311 311 Joe Stevens b Aug
                      1876 M 4 TN TN TN Farmer; wife: Dora b Jan 1880 4 2 1 TN TN TN; children Mary b
                      Oct 1899 [2/12] TN.

                      U.S. Census > 1900 United States Federal Census > Alabama > Etowah > Gadsden
                      > District 148: Ancestry page 17: 166 190 William T Stephens b Oct 1856 M
                      13 AL SC AL Farmer; wife Georgia A b Jun 1871 M 13 5 5 AL AL GA; children:
                      Nobie W b Sep 1887 AL; Bertie A b July 1893 AL; Walter G b Oct 1894; Joseph b
                      Dec 1896 AL; Edith C b Apr 1899 AL.

                      http://www.aol.com

                    • altafae@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 13 , Mar 10, 2007
                        In a message dated 3/9/2007 5:33:53 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
                        joy0420@... writes:

                        1913, b/c on his obit it states "died 7-13-2000 age 87".

                        Social Security Death Index
                        Name: Ray R. Stevens
                        SSN: 416-05-9963
                        Last Residence: 35978 Henagar, DE Kalb, Alabama, United States of America

                        Born: 24 Feb 1912
                        Died: 13 Jul 2000
                        State (Year) SSN issued: Alabama (Before 1951 )
                        Birth, Marriage & Death > Alabama Marriage Collection, 1800-1969 > 1965 > S:
                        Ancestry page 1018:
                        Alabama Marriage Collection, 1800-1969
                        Name: Raymond Stevens
                        Marriage Date: Dec 1965
                        County: Calhoun
                        State: Alabama
                        Source information: Alabama Center for Health Statistics
                        Name Spouse Marriage Date County
                        Ray Stevens 20 Dec 1952 Dale
                        Ray Stevens Jul 1963 Marshall
                        Ray G Stevens 3 Jun 1944 Conecuh

                        http://www.aol.com

                      • altafae@aol.com
                        Message 11 of 13 , Mar 10, 2007
                          _U.S. World War II Army Enlistment Records, 1938-1946_
                          (http://www.ancestry.com/search/db.aspx?dbid=8939&enc=1)
                          Name: Raymond Birth Year: 1912 Race: White, citizen (White)
                          Nativity State or Country: Alabama State: Alabama County or City: Marshall
                          Enlistment Date: 11 May 1942 Enlistment State: Alabama Enlistment City: Fort
                          McClellan Branch: Branch Immaterial - Warrant Officers, USA Branch Code:
                          Branch Immaterial - Warrant Officers, USA Grade: Private Grade Code:
                          Private Term of Enlistment: Enlistment for the duration of the War or other
                          emergency, plus six months, subject to the discretion of the President or
                          otherwise according to law Component: Selectees (Enlisted Men) Source: Civil
                          Life Education: 3 years of high school Civil Occupation: Gunsmith*
                          (Armorer), Diesel Mechanic (Automobile mechanic, Diesel engine), Camera Repairman
                          (still camera), Instrument Repairman, Nonelectrical (Instrument maker),
                          Utility Repairman (Mechanic, general), Equipment Maintenance Man, Motion Picture
                          equipment Marital Status: Married Height: 66 Weight: 148
                          http://www.aol.com

                        • Joy
                          Message 12 of 13 , Mar 10, 2007
                            Thank you very much! Joy

                            Message 13 of 13 , Mar 11, 2007
                              Thank you so much for the info! It is all greatly appreciated.