Obituary Look Up Needed

  • Sharon Dover Romanek
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 24, 2007
      I need to know if there is anyone on the list who has access to obituaries from 1968 please. I have sent off a request for a death certificate from AL for a relative and they sent back the request with death date verification needed. I have A Dora Bell Langston who died 9-15-1968 possibly in Ider Al. I am not positive she is the lady I seek information on. Is there anyone who has access to obituaries for this time period who can check for me please? It would be much appreciated. Ancestry does not have them nor any other database I have access to at this time. DeKalb was listed as her last residence with the SS death index. In 1964 in her brother's obituary she is listed as living in Jamestown. Al, which would be Cherokee Co, so I am at a loss to where I may actually find her. This lady was married 5 times so is very difficult to track. Thanks for the help or any suggestions anyone has.

      Thanks
      Sharon Dover Romanek
      Primary e-mail: sromanek@...
      Secondary e-mail: sromanek@...

      Researching: WI & IL Romanek, Gucwa, Dover, Shrader, Tyner, Johnston, NC-Williams, NC & AL Edge, NY-Smith, Kirksey, NY-Demers, NY-Murphy, VT-Allen

      I hear ethereal whispers, persuasive,
      soft and still, "Daughter, if you don't
      remember us, who will ?"-----------

      Want a photo of an ancestor's grave? Try http://www.cemeterysurveysinc.com/

    • Kybartai@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 24, 2007
        The Gadsden Public Library (Etowah co.) has indexes to the Gadsden Times
        Newspaper, which may list your Dora Bell Langston, even though she did not die
        in Etowah county. Many people in Cherokee county have family in Etowah, and
        so she might be listed in the obituaries there. There address is...254
        College Street, Gadsden, AL 35901. If you would like to telephone them,
        call....1-256-549-4699. Request the Genealogy dept., and ask to speak to Kevin.
        http://www.aol.com

      • Kybartai@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 24, 2007
          You can tell Kevin, that Dora will be listed in the 18 Sept 1968 newspaper.

          http://www.aol.com

        • Sharon Dover Romanek