Re: [jacksongenealogy] Prince Point Cemetary

  • Vicki L. Hill
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 5, 2007
      >I am quoting (verbatim) the info from PAINT ROCK VALLEY PIONEERS by Addie
      >Shaver, Kittye Henshaw, and Evelyn Rochelle:
      >"This cemetery (Prince Point) is located on State Highway 65 by the Grant
      >Barham home.
      >It is in Township 2 South, Range 4 East, Section 16.
      >This old cemetery is known to have had a lot of graves, but time has erased
      >all signs except for two box tombs of large limestone rocks. It is said
      >they are the graves of James Hall and his first wife. James Hall was one of
      >the earliest settlers in Paint Rock Valley and the ancestor of most Paint
      >Rock Valley Halls. He had 16 children some of whom are said to be buried
      >here. One of James Hall's daughters, who married a Vandiver, is said to be
      >buried here.

      Thank you for posting this. The daughter who married a Vandiver was
      Permelia Hall, who married William F. Vandiver. They are my
      g-g-grandparents through daughter Rebecca Jane Vandiver.

      I understand the book "Paint Rock Vally Pioneers" is now out-of-print. If
      anyone knows how to get a copy of it, I would love to get one.

      Vicki Hill
      Texas
      vlhill@...
    • altafae@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 5, 2007
        In a message dated 2/5/2007 12:57:18 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
        vlhill@... writes:

        PAINT ROCK VALLEY PIONEERS

        Does this book have any of the Stephens, Brashear (Brasher Brashar Brazier),
        Weaver, Smith, Cornelison, families in it; I know that Elijah Brazier b 1800
        SC was in Painted Rock in the 1840 census; Blount in 1830.

        cuz Jimmie