Ferry boats in Jackson County

  • redhat2patsy
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 3, 2007
      Does anyone know anything about the ferry boats that operated on the
      river in Jackson County. My great-uncle Jim Moore ran a ferry boat for
      about 25 years and also I'm told some of my Moss relatives worked on
      the ferry boats. I'm told my grandfather William Moore had something
      to do with the first steam engine on the river. Can anyone shed some
      light on these. Thanks, Patsy