Re: [jacksongenealogy] BELLEFONTE CEMETERY WORKING COPY., pages 1 and 2, with notes by Ann Chambless

  • Malbuff
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 2, 2007
      >From: "Ann B. Chambless" <rabc123@...>
      >Subject: [jacksongenealogy] BELLEFONTE CEMETERY WORKING COPY., pages 1 and
      2, with notes by Ann Chambless

      >JOHN T. MARTIN (Nov 21, 1775 - May 29, 1842) (Father of Daniel McNair
      Martin) (Headstone)

      >RACHEL (BURNS) MARTIN (1780 - Mar, 29, 1842) (Mother of Daniel McNair
      Martin) (Headstone)

      Ann, do we know if these were also the parents of Caroline Martin, who
      married old Thomas Snodgrass?
      Colonel John Snodgrass, who raised the 55th Alabama, was their son. I have
      Caroline's parents as John Martin
      and RUTH Burns, not Rachel, but the dates look correct. Caroline was born
      about 1812.

      Odd that there aren't any Snodgrasses in these lists, they were all over
      Bellefonte in the early days.

      Glory to God,

      David Malbuff
      Strasburg, Virginia