BELLEFONTE CEMETERY WORKING COPY.doc

  • Ann B. Chambless
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2007
      BELLEFONTE CEMETERY WORKING COPY, by Ann B. Chambless Sheets 5-7

      ELBERT K. MARTIN (Mar 3, 1860 - Sep 11, 1863)
      (Headstone)

      ALICE MARTIN (July 19, 1872 - Sep 12, 1872
      (Headstone))

      NOTE: Virginia May, Daniel M., Elbert K., and Alice Martin are children of William B. and Cornelia (Stuart) Martin

      ELIZABETH ANN SIMPSON (Died at age of 3, no dates)
      ((Headstone)

      ROBERT COWAN SIMPSON (Died Oct 10, 1849, age 3 months and
      7 days) (Headstone)

      HOMER DODSON, died June 1935 (unmarked grave) (Depression)
      (infant of Gordon Dodson)

      Eugene Dodson (unmarked grave) (infant of Gordon Dodson)

      WILLIAM M. GRIDER (Nephew of Allie Grider)
      (Headstone)

      SALLIE (Sarah Gattis) WHISENANT (1858 - Feb 15, 1926 or 1928) (Wife of J. L. Whisenant)
      Married Nov 4, 1880
      (Headstone)

      JAMES LUNT WHISENANT (unmarked) (1857 - Feb 15, 1928)
      (Depression)

      LOT WHISENANT (May 30, 1884 - Aug 5, 1905)
      (Son of J. L. & Sallie Whisenant)
      (Headstone)

      G. W. CRAWFORD (unmarked) (Dec 15, 1852 - Mar 7, 1907)
      (Depression)

      MARY A. CRAWFORD (Dec 25, 1852 - Mar 7, 1907)
      (Wife of G. W. Crawford)
      (Headstone)

      5
      WORKING COPY BELLEFONTE CEMETERY

      LUCIE CRAWFORD (June 21, 1901 - June 11, 1906)
      (daughter of G.W. & Mary A.)
      (Headstone)

      __________CRAWFORD (AGE 50) (Depression)

      _________ CRAWFORD Infant (No dates) (Depression)

      PATRICK C. CRAWFORD (Oct 4, 1834 - Oct 20, 1918)
      (Woodsmen of the World marker)

      MARY J. CRAWFORD (Jan 4, 1832 - Feb 11, 1904)
      (wife of Patrick C. Crawford)
      (Headstone)

      ADA (Boyd) RODEN (Mrs. A. M. Roden) (Nov 22, 1860 - Sep 13, 1889)
      (Depression)

      ANNIE SCRUGGS JONES (Jan 12, 1835 - May 10, 1882)
      (Headstone)

      MARGARET SCRUGGS (Nov 19, 1808 - July 18, 1868)
      (Headstone)

      WILLIAM ABRAM LIDDON (ca. 1795 - Dec 19, 1853)
      (Married Mary White Davis in 1818 in Bedford Co, TN) (Rock Marker)

      BENJAMIN FIELDING RECTOR (April 14, 1836 - July 18, 1840)
      (Limestone Rock Marker)

      WILLIAM PATTON (unmarked grave) husband of Mary (Edgar) Patton
      (See Jackson County Probate
      Minute Book A, p. 193) (Depression)

      MARY (Edgar) PATTON (born 1778 in Virginia � died in
      Bellefonte per daughter�s obit)
      (Depression)

      JAMES AUSTIN VAUGHN (unmarked grave) (1805 - Apr 1850) (Rock Marker)

      ROBERT BOYD (unmarked grave) (Died Aug 10, 1888) (Depression)
      6
      WORKING COPY BELLEFONTE CEMETERY

      JOHN AUSTILL (unmarked grave) (Died Apr 4, 1853) (Depression)
      (Mexican War veteran and
      spouse was Emily E. Muzzy)

      JOHN G. DIXON (unmarked grave) (Died of measles June 19, 1856)
      (Was serving as Probate Judge at the time of his death)
      (Depression)

      IDA LOU SWAFFORD (died as infant per her brother
      Tom Swafford) (Depression)

      LAWRENCE SWAFFORD, JR. (died as infant per his brother
      Tom Swafford) (Depression)

      MOLLY M. FENNELL (Nov 11, 1857 � Oct 5, 1928)
      (Headstone)

      CHESTER TUCKER (Per granddaughters Joyce
      Tucker Davis and Lenore
      Buchanan) (Depression)

      CLAUGH A. SHELTON Died in Bellefonte in 1827 per
      Jackson County Orphans Court
      Minutes dated 1820-1830
      (Limestone Rock)

      THOMAS J. HARRIS Died in Bellefonte on July 21, 1824, per his obit in THE
      HUNTSVILLE DEMOCRAT.
      G.W. Higgins, co-founder of
      Bellefonte was administrator
      of Harris� estate on Sept 23, 1824, per Jackson County
      Orphans Court Minutes, 1820-
      1830 (Depression)

      JACOB SMITH Died in Bellefonte in 1828 per
      Jackson County Orphans Court
      Orphans Court Minutes of 1828
      (Depression)
      7

    • Sharon Dover Romanek
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 1, 2007
        I would like to offer something if anyone would not mind sharing data with
        me that they have. I am not trying to steal anyone's thunder either, so
        please do not that it that way. I document some cemeteries on line at a
        database that makes not only the data that the stones hold but also a photo
        of the stone available. If anyone has photos and the data as well of this
        cemetery or any other, I would be more than happy to index the cemetery and
        upload the photos so others can access the information and photos. I would
        be sure to give credit for the data and the photos to whoever shared with me
        and only take credit for the indexing. This is a free, volunteer service and
        is there to make more information available to those doing research. I make
        nothing from it and am only doing it in an effort to help others. I am
        always glad to help when I can.

        Sharon Dover Romanek
        Primary e-mail: sromanek@...
        Secondary e-mail: sromanek@...

        Researching: WI & IL Romanek, Gucwa, Dover, Shrader, Tyner, Johnston,
        NC-Williams, NC & AL Edge, NY-Smith, Kirksey, NY-Demers, NY-Murphy, VT-Allen

        I hear ethereal whispers, persuasive,
        soft and still, "Daughter, if you don't
        remember us, who will ?"-----------

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 1, 2007
          Sharon, would you mind posting the name of the site you are contributing cemetery data to?

          Also, I have photos of some of the graves in Old Paint Rock Cemetery if those would be of use to you.

        • Sharon Dover Romanek