Re: [jacksongenealogy] ethereal whispers

  • Sharon Dover Romanek
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 31, 2007
      You are welcome Jackie and no I do not know where it came from actually. I got it from someone else I believe. Seems I also got a list of genealogy tags several years ago and it may even have been from that. My previous one was "It's 2007. Do you know where your great great grandparents are?" I thought that was kind of cute too. Glad you like my current one. I think it is a special one as well. You are welcome to us it if you like. Glad to share and would not bother me in the least. BTW, I decided to do a search to see if I could find the origin of this saying and it is all over the Internet on genealogy sites, so it is not just you and I who like it. :-) Enjoy!

      Just found this: http://www.geocities.com/twincousin2334/Genealogy_Poetry_Prose.html
      Favorite Genealogy Poems

      Why Me?

      Why me.......
      This is a tedious task, much work,
      Not a great tree, my family,
      Not any kind of tree,
      A spindly twig......
      A sapling of little importance,
      No forest giant we.

      A pause.

      Ethereal whispers,
      Persuasive, soft and still.
      "Daughter, if you don't remember us......
      Who will?"

      -- Dot Stutter

      Take Care,

      Sharon Dover Romanek
      Primary e-mail: sromanek@...
      Secondary e-mail: sromanek@...

      Researching: WI & IL Romanek, Gucwa, Dover, Shrader, Tyner, Johnston, NC-Williams, NC & AL Edge, NY-Smith, Kirksey, NY-Demers, NY-Murphy, VT-Allen

      I hear ethereal whispers, persuasive,

        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 31, 2007
          Thanks to all who contributed info on this!