Tee shirts and note cards question

  • jackie morgan
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 30, 2007
      What sizes do the tee shirts come in. What is the brand of the tee shirt?

      How many notecards in a package?

      Thanks

      Jackie

      clay gullatt <blackcloud27030@...> wrote:

      Paint Rock Valley Tee Shirts with the PRV Pipe Vine Swallowtail Butterfly are now on sale as well as note cards with the same butterfly photo. Price for each is $10.00 prepaid. Make checks payable to PRV History Project and mail to JCHA, P.O. Box 1494 Scottsboro, AL 35768. The Project is to get the entire Paint Rock Valley on the National Register of Historic Places. If it happens this would be the largest land area on the National Register.

      Bellefonte Cemetery has been placed on the Alabama Historic Cemetery Register. The only cemetery in Jackson County to have this designation and is one of only 92 cemeteries in Alabama. Way to go Ann Chambless!

      I would like to invite all who belong to this group to join the Jackson County Historical Association. JCHA has been vital in the preservation of much of historic Jackson County and its records. Annual Dues -$20.00. Senior Citizen Dues age 65 or older $15.00. Life Membership $150.00. Members receive the Jackson County Chronicles quarterly in Jan, Apr, Jul and Oct. Members who descend from Sarah Price (b. btw 1780/1790 TN) of Paint Rock Valley would especially want to get the Jan 2007 issue as there are several Price family letters published in that issue. There is also an article on the Blackwell and Padgett Pioneers in Paint Rock Valley.

      The Arphax Co. which published the Jackson Co. Family Homestead Edition of the BLM records is working on a new Deluxe Edition which will include roads, towns, cemeteries and the like which will make locating your ancestors land parcels on today's maps much easier. Will update as soon as Jackson County is published.

      Bellefonte Cemetery Fund challenge, I will once again match dollar for dollar up to $500.00 contributions to the Bellefonte Cemetery Cleanup and Preservation Fund. A lot of work still needs to be done to cleanup and preserve this historic cemetery, especially cleaning and preserving some of the fragile old headstones. Cleaning supplies are very expensive as you must use special cleansers in order not to further damage the old stones. If every member of this group sent in just one dollar with my matching it would raise almost $800.00. Mark checks Bellefonte Cemetery Fund. Send to JCHA, PO Box 1494, Scottsboro, AL 35768. Cleanup for Bellefonte is scheduled in April this year. Could someone this year take before and after photos and post on the yahoo group home site under photos? Also post any of last years photos.

      Clay Gullatt
      Mount Airy NC

    • Ann B. Chambless
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 30, 2007
        Clay, YOU are my hero!!! You make me want to "work my fingers to the bone" to do what I can in an attempt to keep up with your energy, productivity, and enthusiasm .
        For those of you interested in cemetery preservation, the fellow who did most of the Bellefonte re-cleaning work last year (Tom Swafford) and I visited the Bellefonte Cemetery today. Our goal is to stay a few steps ahead of the new vegetation (weeds, poison ivy, "poke sallet", native ground cover, and both small and large bushes) which flourishes in an almost sub-tropical setting during our warmest months.
        Another priority is the installation of more permanent steps and handrail, as the current temporary steps were literally carved out of the 20 foot high embankment. Bellefonte pioneers wisely chose the town's highest elevation for their cemetery.
        As soon as my (concise) Bellefonte narrative is approved by the Alabama Historical Commission, the JCHA will purchase a (roadside) historic marker to be placed near the foot of the cemetery steps.
        JCHA member Betty (Gullatt) Budlong of California (Clay's cousin)
        is ready to purchase a suitable trash disposal container as soon as the JCHA can prepare an anchor site for this much needed item.
        Last year Clay Gullatt's generous donation of $500.00 kept us afloat.
        Every dollar donated is placed in the Bellefonte Cemetery Fund, and we try hard to get as much accomplished as humanly possible with your monetary gifts. Please remember that the JCHA is a non-profit organization, and your charitable gifts are tax deductible.
        Your support of the Jackson County Historical Association and its ongoing preservation efforts is VERY MUCH APPRECIATED.
        Ann B. Chambless,

      • inalspady@aol.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 31, 2007
          I could not find Bellefonte Cemetery listed with Jackson Co cemeteries. Is
          there a list of people buried there? Thanks, Ina

          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 1, 2007
            It is listed as Old Bellefonte Cemetery. I should have used its correct name.