Re: William Thomas SHELTON b. Oct 1896

  • frances_lambert2000
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 31, 2006
      Sue I don,t know them my mom knows more about them thanI do. I
      know that Inez's Daughter Virgina married a Littles. The
      Shelton,Wininger and Pace Books said it was Ira Calvin LiTTLES. His
      father was Tate LITTLES and Mother Dovie (WILSON) LITTLES. Dovie
      WILSON Is kin to me on my dads side. Her Father was Med WILSON mother
      Jennie (JOHNSON) WILSON.

      --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, SUE LONG <columbu3@...>
      wrote:

      > Thank you for ur help, would u by chance know eny of Joel's
      grandchildren that lives out that way ? if so could u give them my
      email an ask if they would let me in on some of what they know.
      Please. Thanks again.

      > frances_lambert2000 <frances_lambert2000@...> wrote: Sue I
      don't have much info mostly what is in the Shelton,Wininger and
      > Pace Families Book. My mom went to the Funeral Home She knew Inez.
      >
      > --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, SUE LONG <columbu3@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Ms Lambert
      > > I am Violet Sue Sharp , I am related to the Sharps at Skyline
      > Inez was my second cousin her Dad Joel an my Grandpa William Willie
      > was brothers, an I would like to learn more about the Sharps out on
      > the mountain. Also what all do u know about the West Family John K
      > an Sarah West is my great grandparents Grandpa Will married Flora
      > Mae West the daughter of J.K. an Sarah West.I know from all the
      > stories told he had 24 kids I could not amagine them all by one
      > woman . Eny help u maybe able to give would be wonderful.
      > > Thank you for all your help May God bless u in the New Year.
      > > Violet Sue Sharp Long
      > >
      > > You may email me on this enytime.or write me at
      > > 1985 Columbus City RD
      > > Scottsboro Al 35769
      > >

      > > frances_lambert2000 <frances_lambert2000@> wrote:
      > > This is from The SHELTON,WININGER,PACE Book.
      > > Albert Thomas is the son of Nathaniel SHELTON and Martha
      Elizabeth
      > > (POTTER) SHELTON. Albert was born in 1877 Jackson County
      Alabama.on
      > > september 13 1893 Albert SHELTON married Celia Elizabeth "Betty"
      > WEST.
      > > Celia was born on January 30 1875 and is the daughter of John
      > Kimsey
      > > WEST and Amanda Caroline (SEABOLT) WEST. Celia's father John
      Kimsey
      > > WEST married a second time to Sarah Milinda SHELTON. Albert and
      > Celia
      > > Shelton were the parents of at least two children.
      > > Amanda L SHELTON b:feb 1895 alabama
      > > Thomas William SHELTON b: oct 1896 Al
      > >
      > > --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, clay gullatt
      > > <blackcloud27030@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I think this may be the right Shelton line for your William
      > Thomas
      > > Shelton.
      > > >
      > > > William Thomas Shelton is listed on the 1900 Jackson Co. Census
      > > with his mother Celia Elizabeth (West) Shelton Potter and step-
      > father
      > > Norah R. Potter. On the 1910 Census William Thomas and his sister
      > > Amanda are listed at Tom and Mandy Potter with Noah Potter.
      > > >
      > > > Albert Shelton m. Celia E. West 13 Sep 1893 JOP J. W. Shelton
      OS
      > > Page 427
      > > >
      > > > Norah R. Potter m. Mrs. Bettie Shelton 30 Jul 1898 JOP J.S.
      > > Wininger OS Page 21
      > > >
      > > > 1900 Tupelo, Jackson Co. AL
      > > > Norah R. Potter Head Head 1876 22 AL AL AL Farmer
      > > > Lizzie Potter Wife Jan 1877 23 mar.1yrs 3child/3living AL GA GA
      > > > Samuel B. Potter Son 10 Months AL AL AL
      > > > Amanda L. Shelton Step-Dau Jul 1895 5 AL AL AL
      > > > William T. Shelton Step-Son Oct 1896 3 AL AL AL
      > > >
      > > > Albert Shelton was son of Nathaniel and Martha Elizabeth
      (Unknown
      > > LN) Shelton.
      > > >
      > > > Nathaniel b. 1838 was son of William b. 1811 VA and Martha
      > > (Unknown LN) Shelton
      > > >
      > > > This is the John Shelton b. ca 1780s VA and Catherine Messer b.
      > ca
      > > 1780s TN? line. John d. 1840 Jackson Co. Catherine d. 1834
      Jackson
      > > Co. AL
      > > >
      > > > John and 3 of his sons came to Jacksons Co. Nathaniel b. 1806
      VA,
      > > William b. 1811 VA, Noah b. 1817 VA.
      > > >
      > > > Celia Elizabeth West is probably the daughter of John and Manda
      > > West listed as Elizabeth 5 on the 1880 Census Beat 16 & 26 TS4 R4
      > > House 186 Family 189 Jackson Co. AL
      > > >
      > > > The Jackson Co. Death Index
      > > > Thos. Shelton d. 18 Sep 1918 Vol 22 Rott 2 Page 123
      > > >
      > > > Nathaniel Shelton d. Jan 1927 Vol 2 Roll 2 Page 680
      > > >
      > > > Nathaniel Shelton is listed as father 81 Wd with William
      Shelton
      > on
      > > the 1920 census. He is also with William on the 1900. On the 1910
      > he
      > > is listed as Brother-in-Law with James A. Bryant in Crumley,
      Dekalb
      > > Co. AL.
      > > >

      > > > Clay

    • SUE LONG
      Message 2 of 13 , Jan 3, 2007
        France
        Do you know if Jennie Johnson is related to Rosie an Earl Johnson ? if she is then she is related to my husband Hubert Long . Rosie is his grandmother,Earl is his stepgrandfather, the littles are also related to him some where down the line to.they have been hard to fine out about, thanks for ur help.

        Sue