Re: Samuel Taylor family

  • robert_s_63134
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 30, 2006
      I have to reply to my own message! My speculation that the documents
      I found were executed by my Samuel McDaniel Taylor was wrong.

      There were two Samuel Taylors in the 1850 Franklin
      County, TN census. The second one (not my relation) was 45, born in
      VA, who had an Agnes, age 28, in the household. The
      document giving power of attorney to James, was
      witnessed by Agnes G. Taylor. My Samuel McDaniel
      Taylor did not have an Agnes. This document and the
      sales by attorney in Franklin County must have been
      executed by a Samuel Taylor different from mine.

      Back to the drawing board!

      Robert Schneider

      --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, "robert_s_63134"
      <robert_s_63134@...> wrote:

      > If anyone is researching the Samuel McDaniel Taylor/Mary Brinson
      > family, I might have found something interesting. I found a
      document
      > in a Franklin County Deed Book indicating that a Samuel Taylor gave
      > actual power of attorney to James Taylor. James then proceeded to
      sell
      > land on behalf of Samuel.
      >
      > Question is was this Samuel Taylor the same as the one who can be
      > located in the 1850 Franklin County, TN census? Sam lived in
      Jackson
      > County, AL and can be found in the 1830 and 1840 censuses. He moved
      > Franklin County, TN between 1840 and 1850. One of his daughters
      was
      > Nancy Taylor who married John Carr. They were my 4th gr
      grandparents.

      > The Taylors were related to the Carr and Edwards families of
      Jackson