Samuel Taylor family

  • robert_s_63134
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 29, 2006
      If anyone is researching the Samuel McDaniel Taylor/Mary Brinson
      family, I might have found something interesting. I found a document
      in a Franklin County Deed Book indicating that a Samuel Taylor gave
      actual power of attorney to James Taylor. James then proceeded to sell
      land on behalf of Samuel.

      Question is was this Samuel Taylor the same as the one who can be
      located in the 1850 Franklin County, TN census? Sam lived in Jackson
      County, AL and can be found in the 1830 and 1840 censuses. He moved to
      Franklin County, TN between 1840 and 1850. One of his daughters was
      Nancy Taylor who married John Carr. They were my 4th gr grandparents.

      The Taylors were related to the Carr and Edwards families of Jackson
      County, AL.

      I'd be glad to hear from anybody out there!

      Robert Schneider
    • robert_s_63134
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 30, 2006
        I have to reply to my own message! My speculation that the documents
        I found were executed by my Samuel McDaniel Taylor was wrong.

        There were two Samuel Taylors in the 1850 Franklin
        County, TN census. The second one (not my relation) was 45, born in
        VA, who had an Agnes, age 28, in the household. The
        document giving power of attorney to James, was
        witnessed by Agnes G. Taylor. My Samuel McDaniel
        Taylor did not have an Agnes. This document and the
        sales by attorney in Franklin County must have been
        executed by a Samuel Taylor different from mine.

        Back to the drawing board!

        Robert Schneider

        --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, "robert_s_63134"