Re: [jacksongenealogy] Re: William Thomas SHELTON b. Oct 1896

  • SUE LONG
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 29, 2006
      Ms Lambert
      I am Violet Sue Sharp , I am related to the Sharps at Skyline Inez was my second cousin her Dad Joel an my Grandpa William Willie was brothers, an I would like to learn more about the Sharps out on the mountain. Also what all do u know about the West Family John K an Sarah West is my great grandparents Grandpa Will married Flora Mae West the daughter of J.K. an Sarah West.I know from all the stories told he had 24 kids I could not amagine them all by one woman . Eny help u maybe able to give would be wonderful.
      Thank you for all your help May God bless u in the New Year.
      Violet Sue Sharp Long

      You may email me on this enytime.or write me at
      1985 Columbus City RD
      Scottsboro Al 35769

      frances_lambert2000 <frances_lambert2000@...> wrote:
      This is from The SHELTON,WININGER,PACE Book.
      Albert Thomas is the son of Nathaniel SHELTON and Martha Elizabeth
      (POTTER) SHELTON. Albert was born in 1877 Jackson County Alabama.on
      september 13 1893 Albert SHELTON married Celia Elizabeth "Betty" WEST.
      Celia was born on January 30 1875 and is the daughter of John Kimsey
      WEST and Amanda Caroline (SEABOLT) WEST. Celia's father John Kimsey
      WEST married a second time to Sarah Milinda SHELTON. Albert and Celia
      Shelton were the parents of at least two children.
      Amanda L SHELTON b:feb 1895 alabama
      Thomas William SHELTON b: oct 1896 Al

      --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, clay gullatt
      <blackcloud27030@...> wrote:

      > I think this may be the right Shelton line for your William Thomas
      Shelton.

      > William Thomas Shelton is listed on the 1900 Jackson Co. Census
      with his mother Celia Elizabeth (West) Shelton Potter and step-father
      Norah R. Potter. On the 1910 Census William Thomas and his sister
      Amanda are listed at Tom and Mandy Potter with Noah Potter.

      > Albert Shelton m. Celia E. West 13 Sep 1893 JOP J. W. Shelton OS
      Page 427

      > Norah R. Potter m. Mrs. Bettie Shelton 30 Jul 1898 JOP J.S.
      Wininger OS Page 21

      > 1900 Tupelo, Jackson Co. AL
      > Norah R. Potter Head Head 1876 22 AL AL AL Farmer
      > Lizzie Potter Wife Jan 1877 23 mar.1yrs 3child/3living AL GA GA
      > Samuel B. Potter Son 10 Months AL AL AL
      > Amanda L. Shelton Step-Dau Jul 1895 5 AL AL AL
      > William T. Shelton Step-Son Oct 1896 3 AL AL AL
      >
      > Albert Shelton was son of Nathaniel and Martha Elizabeth (Unknown
      LN) Shelton.

      > Nathaniel b. 1838 was son of William b. 1811 VA and Martha
      (Unknown LN) Shelton

      > This is the John Shelton b. ca 1780s VA and Catherine Messer b. ca
      1780s TN? line. John d. 1840 Jackson Co. Catherine d. 1834 Jackson
      Co. AL

      > John and 3 of his sons came to Jacksons Co. Nathaniel b. 1806 VA,
      William b. 1811 VA, Noah b. 1817 VA.

      > Celia Elizabeth West is probably the daughter of John and Manda
      West listed as Elizabeth 5 on the 1880 Census Beat 16 & 26 TS4 R4
      House 186 Family 189 Jackson Co. AL

      > The Jackson Co. Death Index
      > Thos. Shelton d. 18 Sep 1918 Vol 22 Rott 2 Page 123
      >
      > Nathaniel Shelton d. Jan 1927 Vol 2 Roll 2 Page 680
      >
      > Nathaniel Shelton is listed as father 81 Wd with William Shelton on
      the 1920 census. He is also with William on the 1900. On the 1910 he
      is listed as Brother-in-Law with James A. Bryant in Crumley, Dekalb
      Co. AL.

      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 29, 2006
        Hello All,

        Still searching for any info. regarding a CHRISTINA (?) . She was married to a John WILLIAMS.

        They were members of the Paint Rock Baptist Church in the 1840's. He died around 1846 and she was head of household with children, on the 1850 census.

        I am searching for her maiden name and what happened to her after the 1850 census.

        BRENDA

      • frances_lambert2000
        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 29, 2006
          Sue I don't have much info mostly what is in the Shelton,Wininger and
          Pace Families Book. My mom went to the Funeral Home She knew Inez.

          --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, SUE LONG <columbu3@...>
          wrote:

> [...]
          ca
          > 1780s TN? line. John d. 1840 Jackson Co. Catherine d. 1834 Jackson
          > Co. AL
          > >
          > > John and 3 of his sons came to Jacksons Co. Nathaniel b. 1806 VA,
          > William b. 1811 VA, Noah b. 1817 VA.
          > >
          > > Celia Elizabeth West is probably the daughter of John and Manda
          > West listed as Elizabeth 5 on the 1880 Census Beat 16 & 26 TS4 R4
          > House 186 Family 189 Jackson Co. AL
          > >
          > > The Jackson Co. Death Index
          > > Thos. Shelton d. 18 Sep 1918 Vol 22 Rott 2 Page 123
          > >
          > > Nathaniel Shelton d. Jan 1927 Vol 2 Roll 2 Page 680
          > >
          > > Nathaniel Shelton is listed as father 81 Wd with William Shelton
          on
          > the 1920 census. He is also with William on the 1900. On the 1910
          he
          > is listed as Brother-in-Law with James A. Bryant in Crumley, Dekalb

        • SUE LONG
          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 30, 2006
            Thank you for ur help, would u by chance know eny of Joel's grandchildren that lives out that way ? if so could u give them my email an ask if they would let me in on some of what they know. Please. Thanks again.

            frances_lambert2000 <frances_lambert2000@...> wrote: Sue I don't have much info mostly what is in the Shelton,Wininger and

            wrote:

> [...]
            ca
            > 1780s TN? line. John d. 1840 Jackson Co. Catherine d. 1834 Jackson
            > Co. AL
            > >
            > > John and 3 of his sons came to Jacksons Co. Nathaniel b. 1806 VA,
            > William b. 1811 VA, Noah b. 1817 VA.
            > >
            > > Celia Elizabeth West is probably the daughter of John and Manda
            > West listed as Elizabeth 5 on the 1880 Census Beat 16 & 26 TS4 R4
            > House 186 Family 189 Jackson Co. AL
            > >
            > > The Jackson Co. Death Index
            > > Thos. Shelton d. 18 Sep 1918 Vol 22 Rott 2 Page 123
            > >
            > > Nathaniel Shelton d. Jan 1927 Vol 2 Roll 2 Page 680
            > >
            > > Nathaniel Shelton is listed as father 81 Wd with William Shelton
            on
            > the 1920 census. He is also with William on the 1900. On the 1910
            he
            > is listed as Brother-in-Law with James A. Bryant in Crumley, Dekalb

          • Roy Chadwick
            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 31, 2006
              Hi all,
              I also have the surname Shelton in my lines from Rutherford/Coffee/Grundy/Bedford/Warren/Marion Co of TN,my lines are BOST,
              CHOATE,COFFELT,KEEL/KEELE,MORELAND,LANGFORD/LANKFORD,
              VAUGHAN/VAUGHN,SEITZ/SITZ/SIDES.
              Roy.

              wrote:

> [...]
              ca
              > 1780s TN? line. John d. 1840 Jackson Co. Catherine d. 1834 Jackson
              > Co. AL
              > >
              > > John and 3 of his sons came to Jacksons Co. Nathaniel b. 1806 VA,
              > William b. 1811 VA, Noah b. 1817 VA.
              > >
              > > Celia Elizabeth West is probably the daughter of John and Manda
              > West listed as Elizabeth 5 on the 1880 Census Beat 16 & 26 TS4 R4
              > House 186 Family 189 Jackson Co. AL
              > >
              > > The Jackson Co. Death Index
              > > Thos. Shelton d. 18 Sep 1918 Vol 22 Rott 2 Page 123
              > >
              > > Nathaniel Shelton d. Jan 1927 Vol 2 Roll 2 Page 680
              > >
              > > Nathaniel Shelton is listed as father 81 Wd with William Shelton
              on
              > the 1920 census. He is also with William on the 1900. On the 1910
              he
              > is listed as Brother-in-Law with James A. Bryant in Crumley, Dekalb

            • frances_lambert2000
              Message 6 of 13 , Dec 31, 2006
                Sue I don,t know them my mom knows more about them thanI do. I
                know that Inez's Daughter Virgina married a Littles. The
                Shelton,Wininger and Pace Books said it was Ira Calvin LiTTLES. His
                father was Tate LITTLES and Mother Dovie (WILSON) LITTLES. Dovie
                WILSON Is kin to me on my dads side. Her Father was Med WILSON mother
                Jennie (JOHNSON) WILSON.

                wrote:

> [...]
                > > 1780s TN? line. John d. 1840 Jackson Co. Catherine d. 1834
                Jackson
                > > Co. AL
                > > >
                > > > John and 3 of his sons came to Jacksons Co. Nathaniel b. 1806
                VA,
                > > William b. 1811 VA, Noah b. 1817 VA.
                > > >
                > > > Celia Elizabeth West is probably the daughter of John and Manda
                > > West listed as Elizabeth 5 on the 1880 Census Beat 16 & 26 TS4 R4
                > > House 186 Family 189 Jackson Co. AL
                > > >
                > > > The Jackson Co. Death Index
                > > > Thos. Shelton d. 18 Sep 1918 Vol 22 Rott 2 Page 123
                > > >
                > > > Nathaniel Shelton d. Jan 1927 Vol 2 Roll 2 Page 680
                > > >
                > > > Nathaniel Shelton is listed as father 81 Wd with William
                Shelton
                > on
                > > the 1920 census. He is also with William on the 1900. On the 1910
                > he
                > > is listed as Brother-in-Law with James A. Bryant in Crumley,

              • SUE LONG
                Message 7 of 13 , Jan 3, 2007
                  France
                  Do you know if Jennie Johnson is related to Rosie an Earl Johnson ? if she is then she is related to my husband Hubert Long . Rosie is his grandmother,Earl is his stepgrandfather, the littles are also related to him some where down the line to.they have been hard to fine out about, thanks for ur help.

                  Sue