Re: [jacksongenealogy] Re: William Thomas SHELTON b. Oct 1896

    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 27, 2006
      I think this may be the right Shelton line for your William Thomas Shelton.

      William Thomas Shelton is listed on the 1900 Jackson Co. Census with his mother Celia Elizabeth (West) Shelton Potter and step-father Norah R. Potter. On the 1910 Census William Thomas and his sister Amanda are listed at Tom and Mandy Potter with Noah Potter.

      Albert Shelton m. Celia E. West 13 Sep 1893 JOP J. W. Shelton OS Page 427

      Norah R. Potter m. Mrs. Bettie Shelton 30 Jul 1898 JOP J.S. Wininger OS Page 21

      1900 Tupelo, Jackson Co. AL
      Norah R. Potter Head Head 1876 22 AL AL AL Farmer
      Lizzie Potter Wife Jan 1877 23 mar.1yrs 3child/3living AL GA GA
      Samuel B. Potter Son 10 Months AL AL AL
      Amanda L. Shelton Step-Dau Jul 1895 5 AL AL AL
      William T. Shelton Step-Son Oct 1896 3 AL AL AL

      Albert Shelton was son of Nathaniel and Martha Elizabeth (Unknown LN) Shelton.

      Nathaniel b. 1838 was son of William b. 1811 VA and Martha (Unknown LN) Shelton

      This is the John Shelton b. ca 1780s VA and Catherine Messer b. ca 1780s TN? line. John d. 1840 Jackson Co. Catherine d. 1834 Jackson Co. AL

      John and 3 of his sons came to Jacksons Co. Nathaniel b. 1806 VA, William b. 1811 VA, Noah b. 1817 VA.

      Celia Elizabeth West is probably the daughter of John and Manda West listed as Elizabeth 5 on the 1880 Census Beat 16 & 26 TS4 R4 House 186 Family 189 Jackson Co. AL

      The Jackson Co. Death Index
      Thos. Shelton d. 18 Sep 1918 Vol 22 Rott 2 Page 123

      Nathaniel Shelton d. Jan 1927 Vol 2 Roll 2 Page 680

      Nathaniel Shelton is listed as father 81 Wd with William Shelton on the 1920 census. He is also with William on the 1900. On the 1910 he is listed as Brother-in-Law with James A. Bryant in Crumley, Dekalb Co. AL.

    • frances_lambert2000
      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 28, 2006
        This is from The SHELTON,WININGER,PACE Book.
        Albert Thomas is the son of Nathaniel SHELTON and Martha Elizabeth
        (POTTER) SHELTON. Albert was born in 1877 Jackson County Alabama.on
        september 13 1893 Albert SHELTON married Celia Elizabeth "Betty" WEST.
        Celia was born on January 30 1875 and is the daughter of John Kimsey
        WEST and Amanda Caroline (SEABOLT) WEST. Celia's father John Kimsey
        WEST married a second time to Sarah Milinda SHELTON. Albert and Celia
        Shelton were the parents of at least two children.
        Amanda L SHELTON b:feb 1895 alabama
        Thomas William SHELTON b: oct 1896 Al

        --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, clay gullatt
        <blackcloud27030@...> wrote:

        > I think this may be the right Shelton line for your William Thomas
        Shelton.

        > William Thomas Shelton is listed on the 1900 Jackson Co. Census
        with his mother Celia Elizabeth (West) Shelton Potter and step-father
        Norah R. Potter. On the 1910 Census William Thomas and his sister
        Amanda are listed at Tom and Mandy Potter with Noah Potter.

        > Albert Shelton m. Celia E. West 13 Sep 1893 JOP J. W. Shelton OS
        Page 427

        > Norah R. Potter m. Mrs. Bettie Shelton 30 Jul 1898 JOP J.S.
        Wininger OS Page 21

        > 1900 Tupelo, Jackson Co. AL
        > Norah R. Potter Head Head 1876 22 AL AL AL Farmer
        > Lizzie Potter Wife Jan 1877 23 mar.1yrs 3child/3living AL GA GA
        > Samuel B. Potter Son 10 Months AL AL AL
        > Amanda L. Shelton Step-Dau Jul 1895 5 AL AL AL
        > William T. Shelton Step-Son Oct 1896 3 AL AL AL
        >
        > Albert Shelton was son of Nathaniel and Martha Elizabeth (Unknown
        LN) Shelton.

        > Nathaniel b. 1838 was son of William b. 1811 VA and Martha
        (Unknown LN) Shelton

        > This is the John Shelton b. ca 1780s VA and Catherine Messer b. ca
        1780s TN? line. John d. 1840 Jackson Co. Catherine d. 1834 Jackson
        Co. AL

        > John and 3 of his sons came to Jacksons Co. Nathaniel b. 1806 VA,
        William b. 1811 VA, Noah b. 1817 VA.

        > Celia Elizabeth West is probably the daughter of John and Manda
        West listed as Elizabeth 5 on the 1880 Census Beat 16 & 26 TS4 R4
        House 186 Family 189 Jackson Co. AL

        > The Jackson Co. Death Index
        > Thos. Shelton d. 18 Sep 1918 Vol 22 Rott 2 Page 123
        >
        > Nathaniel Shelton d. Jan 1927 Vol 2 Roll 2 Page 680
        >
        > Nathaniel Shelton is listed as father 81 Wd with William Shelton on
        the 1920 census. He is also with William on the 1900. On the 1910 he
        is listed as Brother-in-Law with James A. Bryant in Crumley, Dekalb
        Co. AL.

        > Clay

      • SUE LONG
        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 29, 2006
          Ms Lambert
          I am Violet Sue Sharp , I am related to the Sharps at Skyline Inez was my second cousin her Dad Joel an my Grandpa William Willie was brothers, an I would like to learn more about the Sharps out on the mountain. Also what all do u know about the West Family John K an Sarah West is my great grandparents Grandpa Will married Flora Mae West the daughter of J.K. an Sarah West.I know from all the stories told he had 24 kids I could not amagine them all by one woman . Eny help u maybe able to give would be wonderful.
          Thank you for all your help May God bless u in the New Year.
          Violet Sue Sharp Long

          You may email me on this enytime.or write me at
          1985 Columbus City RD
          Scottsboro Al 35769

          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 29, 2006
            Hello All,

            Still searching for any info. regarding a CHRISTINA (?) . She was married to a John WILLIAMS.

            They were members of the Paint Rock Baptist Church in the 1840's. He died around 1846 and she was head of household with children, on the 1850 census.

            I am searching for her maiden name and what happened to her after the 1850 census.

            BRENDA

          • frances_lambert2000
            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 29, 2006
              Sue I don't have much info mostly what is in the Shelton,Wininger and
              Pace Families Book. My mom went to the Funeral Home She knew Inez.

              --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, SUE LONG <columbu3@...>
              wrote:

> [...]
              ca
              > 1780s TN? line. John d. 1840 Jackson Co. Catherine d. 1834 Jackson
              > Co. AL
              > >
              > > John and 3 of his sons came to Jacksons Co. Nathaniel b. 1806 VA,
              > William b. 1811 VA, Noah b. 1817 VA.
              > >
              > > Celia Elizabeth West is probably the daughter of John and Manda
              > West listed as Elizabeth 5 on the 1880 Census Beat 16 & 26 TS4 R4
              > House 186 Family 189 Jackson Co. AL
              > >
              > > The Jackson Co. Death Index
              > > Thos. Shelton d. 18 Sep 1918 Vol 22 Rott 2 Page 123
              > >
              > > Nathaniel Shelton d. Jan 1927 Vol 2 Roll 2 Page 680
              > >
              > > Nathaniel Shelton is listed as father 81 Wd with William Shelton
              on
              > the 1920 census. He is also with William on the 1900. On the 1910
              he
              > is listed as Brother-in-Law with James A. Bryant in Crumley, Dekalb

            • SUE LONG
              Message 6 of 13 , Dec 30, 2006
                Thank you for ur help, would u by chance know eny of Joel's grandchildren that lives out that way ? if so could u give them my email an ask if they would let me in on some of what they know. Please. Thanks again.

                frances_lambert2000 <frances_lambert2000@...> wrote: Sue I don't have much info mostly what is in the Shelton,Wininger and

                wrote:

> [...]
                ca
                > 1780s TN? line. John d. 1840 Jackson Co. Catherine d. 1834 Jackson
                > Co. AL
                > >
                > > John and 3 of his sons came to Jacksons Co. Nathaniel b. 1806 VA,
                > William b. 1811 VA, Noah b. 1817 VA.
                > >
                > > Celia Elizabeth West is probably the daughter of John and Manda
                > West listed as Elizabeth 5 on the 1880 Census Beat 16 & 26 TS4 R4
                > House 186 Family 189 Jackson Co. AL
                > >
                > > The Jackson Co. Death Index
                > > Thos. Shelton d. 18 Sep 1918 Vol 22 Rott 2 Page 123
                > >
                > > Nathaniel Shelton d. Jan 1927 Vol 2 Roll 2 Page 680
                > >
                > > Nathaniel Shelton is listed as father 81 Wd with William Shelton
                on
                > the 1920 census. He is also with William on the 1900. On the 1910
                he
                > is listed as Brother-in-Law with James A. Bryant in Crumley, Dekalb

              • Roy Chadwick
                Message 7 of 13 , Dec 31, 2006
                  Hi all,
                  I also have the surname Shelton in my lines from Rutherford/Coffee/Grundy/Bedford/Warren/Marion Co of TN,my lines are BOST,
                  CHOATE,COFFELT,KEEL/KEELE,MORELAND,LANGFORD/LANKFORD,
                  VAUGHAN/VAUGHN,SEITZ/SITZ/SIDES.
                  Roy.

                  wrote:

> [...]
                  ca
                  > 1780s TN? line. John d. 1840 Jackson Co. Catherine d. 1834 Jackson
                  > Co. AL
                  > >
                  > > John and 3 of his sons came to Jacksons Co. Nathaniel b. 1806 VA,
                  > William b. 1811 VA, Noah b. 1817 VA.
                  > >
                  > > Celia Elizabeth West is probably the daughter of John and Manda
                  > West listed as Elizabeth 5 on the 1880 Census Beat 16 & 26 TS4 R4
                  > House 186 Family 189 Jackson Co. AL
                  > >
                  > > The Jackson Co. Death Index
                  > > Thos. Shelton d. 18 Sep 1918 Vol 22 Rott 2 Page 123
                  > >
                  > > Nathaniel Shelton d. Jan 1927 Vol 2 Roll 2 Page 680
                  > >
                  > > Nathaniel Shelton is listed as father 81 Wd with William Shelton
                  on
                  > the 1920 census. He is also with William on the 1900. On the 1910
                  he
                  > is listed as Brother-in-Law with James A. Bryant in Crumley, Dekalb

                • frances_lambert2000
                  Message 8 of 13 , Dec 31, 2006
                    Sue I don,t know them my mom knows more about them thanI do. I
                    know that Inez's Daughter Virgina married a Littles. The
                    Shelton,Wininger and Pace Books said it was Ira Calvin LiTTLES. His
                    father was Tate LITTLES and Mother Dovie (WILSON) LITTLES. Dovie
                    WILSON Is kin to me on my dads side. Her Father was Med WILSON mother
                    Jennie (JOHNSON) WILSON.

                    wrote:

> [...]
                    > > 1780s TN? line. John d. 1840 Jackson Co. Catherine d. 1834
                    Jackson
                    > > Co. AL
                    > > >
                    > > > John and 3 of his sons came to Jacksons Co. Nathaniel b. 1806
                    VA,
                    > > William b. 1811 VA, Noah b. 1817 VA.
                    > > >
                    > > > Celia Elizabeth West is probably the daughter of John and Manda
                    > > West listed as Elizabeth 5 on the 1880 Census Beat 16 & 26 TS4 R4
                    > > House 186 Family 189 Jackson Co. AL
                    > > >
                    > > > The Jackson Co. Death Index
                    > > > Thos. Shelton d. 18 Sep 1918 Vol 22 Rott 2 Page 123
                    > > >
                    > > > Nathaniel Shelton d. Jan 1927 Vol 2 Roll 2 Page 680
                    > > >
                    > > > Nathaniel Shelton is listed as father 81 Wd with William
                    Shelton
                    > on
                    > > the 1920 census. He is also with William on the 1900. On the 1910
                    > he
                    > > is listed as Brother-in-Law with James A. Bryant in Crumley,

                  • SUE LONG
                    Message 9 of 13 , Jan 3, 2007
                      France
                      Do you know if Jennie Johnson is related to Rosie an Earl Johnson ? if she is then she is related to my husband Hubert Long . Rosie is his grandmother,Earl is his stepgrandfather, the littles are also related to him some where down the line to.they have been hard to fine out about, thanks for ur help.

                      Sue