slave owner

  • Diann Thompson
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 22, 2006
      Hi all,
      I found a slave owner R.T. Coles in District 3, Jackson Co, in the 1860 slave schedules and it had the estate of R. T. Coles and directly under it was F.A. Province. Were these 2 separate things?
      Researching JORDAN, COLES, WILLIAMS
      Diann

      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 22, 2006
        Diann

        No it is all the same the Estate of R.T. Coles. F.A. Province is listed as employee he was probably the Overseer of the Coles slaves even though he is listed with with his own farm.