Re: [jacksongenealogy] SHARP

  • Geri
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 21, 2006
      What Shelton was she married to?

      Geri Beaver

      -------Original Message-------

      From: Frances_lambert2000
      Date: 12/21/06 09:45:32
      To: jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [jacksongenealogy] SHARP

      For those of you that are researching the SHARP family.
      Inez(SHARP) SHELTON Age 84 passed away 12 Dec 2006 burial in Gold
      Cemetery.
      Her parents were Joel and Rachel Sharp
    • frances_lambert2000
      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 26, 2006
        She was married to William Thomas Shelton.

      • altafae@aol.com
        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 26, 2006
          In a message dated 12/26/2006 1:12:22 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
          frances_lambert2000@... writes:

          William Thomas Shelton

          I have some data on a William Thomas Shelton, I have been unable to find out
          much about his parents other then his father, Thomas William Shelton b 10
          Oct 1896 Jackson, AL and his wife Leola Peacock b 06 May 1902 Sanders, Jackson,
          AL, daughter of Millard and Sarah Peacock.

          Here is what I have and a possible grandfather for Wm Thomas. Let me know
          what you think Geri, maybe you may have the Shelton side, and I have the
          Peacock side - the Peacock side runs back to a woman named Sarah Margaret Worthen
          b 17 Sep 1873 Jackson AL. These Worthen's marry into my Brazier/Brashear
          clan in Scottsboro.

          Descendants of Leola Peacock
          Generation No. 1

          1. LEOLA2 PEACOCK (MILLARD MONROE1) was born 06 May 1902 in Sanders,
          Jackson, AL, USA, and died Oct 1943 in Mc Broom, Jackson, AL, USA. She married
          (1) ELIJAH MADISON MAYFIELD 1919 in Jackson, AL, USA, son of ISAAC
          MAYFIELD and FRANCES HALL. He was born 22 Aug 1902 in Wartrace, TN, USA, and died
          25 Oct 1987 in Huntsville, Madison, AL, USA. She married (2) THOMAS WILLIAM
          SHELTON in Jackson, AL, USA. He was born 10 Oct 1896 in Jackson, AL, USA,
          and died Jul 1918 in Jackson, AL, USA.
          More About LEOLA PEACOCK:
          Residence: 1930, Tupelo, Jackson, Alabama
          More About ELIJAH MAYFIELD and LEOLA PEACOCK:
          Marriage: 1919, Jackson, AL, USA
          Notes for THOMAS WILLIAM SHELTON:
          Possible Parentage: U.S. Census > 1910 United States Federal Census >
          Alabama > Cleburne > Precinct 8 > District 57: The family of Robert L Shelton b
          1868 AL AL GA; wife Mollie b 1871 AL AL AL; children: Lillie b 1893, twin
          sister Lola b 1893 AL AL AL; son: Thomas b 1895 AL AL AL; daughters: Leola b
          1897 AL AL AL; Ethel b 1899 AL AL AL; Myrtle b 1901 AL AL AL; sons: James b 1904
          AL AL AL; Gaston b 1906 AL AL AL; and daughters: Sara [sic] b 1907 AL AL AL;
          Eliza b 11/12 AL AL AL. This couple stated that they have been married 19
          years, with 10 children born, 10 living at this time.
          More About THOMAS WILLIAM SHELTON:
          Other-Begin: Jackson, AL, USA
          Residence: Not Stated, Jackson, AL, USA
          More About THOMAS SHELTON and LEOLA PEACOCK:
          Marriage: Jackson, AL, USA
          Children of LEOLA PEACOCK and ELIJAH MAYFIELD are:
          i. LIVING3 MAYFIELD.
          ii. LIVING MAYFIELD.
          iii. LIVING MAYFIELD.
          iv. LIVING MAYFIELD.
          v. ELSIE B MAYFIELD, b. 1921, Hollywood, Jackson, AL, USA.
          vi. HAZEL L MAYFIELD, b. 1922, Hollywood, Jackson, AL, USA.
          vii. EARL M MAYFIELD, b. Aug 1926, Hollywood, Jackson, AL, USA.
          viii. HERMAN DEVON MAYFIELD, b. 1927, Hollywood, Jackson, AL, USA; d.
          1929, Jackson, AL, USA.
          ix. FRED MAYFIELD, b. Jun 1928, Hollywood, Jackson, AL, USA.
          Child of LEOLA PEACOCK and THOMAS SHELTON is:
          x. WILLIAM THOMAS3 SHELTON, b. 27 Oct 1918, Jackson, AL, USA; d. 17 Oct
          2000, Woodville, Jackson, AL, USA.
          More About WILLIAM THOMAS SHELTON:
          Military: 27 Sep 1944, Fort Mc Clellan, Alabama
          Residence: 1930, Tupelo, Jackson, AL, USA
          Social Security Number: 424-16-7683
          SSN issued: Alabama

          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 27, 2006
            I think this may be the right Shelton line for your William Thomas Shelton.

            William Thomas Shelton is listed on the 1900 Jackson Co. Census with his mother Celia Elizabeth (West) Shelton Potter and step-father Norah R. Potter. On the 1910 Census William Thomas and his sister Amanda are listed at Tom and Mandy Potter with Noah Potter.

            Albert Shelton m. Celia E. West 13 Sep 1893 JOP J. W. Shelton OS Page 427

            Norah R. Potter m. Mrs. Bettie Shelton 30 Jul 1898 JOP J.S. Wininger OS Page 21

            1900 Tupelo, Jackson Co. AL
            Norah R. Potter Head Head 1876 22 AL AL AL Farmer
            Lizzie Potter Wife Jan 1877 23 mar.1yrs 3child/3living AL GA GA
            Samuel B. Potter Son 10 Months AL AL AL
            Amanda L. Shelton Step-Dau Jul 1895 5 AL AL AL
            William T. Shelton Step-Son Oct 1896 3 AL AL AL

            Albert Shelton was son of Nathaniel and Martha Elizabeth (Unknown LN) Shelton.

            Nathaniel b. 1838 was son of William b. 1811 VA and Martha (Unknown LN) Shelton

            This is the John Shelton b. ca 1780s VA and Catherine Messer b. ca 1780s TN? line. John d. 1840 Jackson Co. Catherine d. 1834 Jackson Co. AL

            John and 3 of his sons came to Jacksons Co. Nathaniel b. 1806 VA, William b. 1811 VA, Noah b. 1817 VA.

            Celia Elizabeth West is probably the daughter of John and Manda West listed as Elizabeth 5 on the 1880 Census Beat 16 & 26 TS4 R4 House 186 Family 189 Jackson Co. AL

            The Jackson Co. Death Index
            Thos. Shelton d. 18 Sep 1918 Vol 22 Rott 2 Page 123

            Nathaniel Shelton d. Jan 1927 Vol 2 Roll 2 Page 680

            Nathaniel Shelton is listed as father 81 Wd with William Shelton on the 1920 census. He is also with William on the 1900. On the 1910 he is listed as Brother-in-Law with James A. Bryant in Crumley, Dekalb Co. AL.

          • frances_lambert2000
            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 28, 2006
              This is from The SHELTON,WININGER,PACE Book.
              Albert Thomas is the son of Nathaniel SHELTON and Martha Elizabeth
              (POTTER) SHELTON. Albert was born in 1877 Jackson County Alabama.on
              september 13 1893 Albert SHELTON married Celia Elizabeth "Betty" WEST.
              Celia was born on January 30 1875 and is the daughter of John Kimsey
              WEST and Amanda Caroline (SEABOLT) WEST. Celia's father John Kimsey
              WEST married a second time to Sarah Milinda SHELTON. Albert and Celia
              Shelton were the parents of at least two children.
              Amanda L SHELTON b:feb 1895 alabama
              Thomas William SHELTON b: oct 1896 Al

              --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, clay gullatt
              <blackcloud27030@...> wrote:

              > I think this may be the right Shelton line for your William Thomas
              Shelton.

              > William Thomas Shelton is listed on the 1900 Jackson Co. Census
              with his mother Celia Elizabeth (West) Shelton Potter and step-father
              Norah R. Potter. On the 1910 Census William Thomas and his sister
              Amanda are listed at Tom and Mandy Potter with Noah Potter.

              > Albert Shelton m. Celia E. West 13 Sep 1893 JOP J. W. Shelton OS
              Page 427

              > Norah R. Potter m. Mrs. Bettie Shelton 30 Jul 1898 JOP J.S.
              Wininger OS Page 21

              > 1900 Tupelo, Jackson Co. AL
              > Norah R. Potter Head Head 1876 22 AL AL AL Farmer
              > Lizzie Potter Wife Jan 1877 23 mar.1yrs 3child/3living AL GA GA
              > Samuel B. Potter Son 10 Months AL AL AL
              > Amanda L. Shelton Step-Dau Jul 1895 5 AL AL AL
              > William T. Shelton Step-Son Oct 1896 3 AL AL AL
              >
              > Albert Shelton was son of Nathaniel and Martha Elizabeth (Unknown
              LN) Shelton.

              > Nathaniel b. 1838 was son of William b. 1811 VA and Martha
              (Unknown LN) Shelton

              > This is the John Shelton b. ca 1780s VA and Catherine Messer b. ca
              1780s TN? line. John d. 1840 Jackson Co. Catherine d. 1834 Jackson
              Co. AL

              > John and 3 of his sons came to Jacksons Co. Nathaniel b. 1806 VA,
              William b. 1811 VA, Noah b. 1817 VA.

              > Celia Elizabeth West is probably the daughter of John and Manda
              West listed as Elizabeth 5 on the 1880 Census Beat 16 & 26 TS4 R4
              House 186 Family 189 Jackson Co. AL

              > The Jackson Co. Death Index
              > Thos. Shelton d. 18 Sep 1918 Vol 22 Rott 2 Page 123
              >
              > Nathaniel Shelton d. Jan 1927 Vol 2 Roll 2 Page 680
              >
              > Nathaniel Shelton is listed as father 81 Wd with William Shelton on
              the 1920 census. He is also with William on the 1900. On the 1910 he
              is listed as Brother-in-Law with James A. Bryant in Crumley, Dekalb
              Co. AL.

              > Clay

            • SUE LONG
              Message 6 of 13 , Dec 29, 2006
                Ms Lambert
                I am Violet Sue Sharp , I am related to the Sharps at Skyline Inez was my second cousin her Dad Joel an my Grandpa William Willie was brothers, an I would like to learn more about the Sharps out on the mountain. Also what all do u know about the West Family John K an Sarah West is my great grandparents Grandpa Will married Flora Mae West the daughter of J.K. an Sarah West.I know from all the stories told he had 24 kids I could not amagine them all by one woman . Eny help u maybe able to give would be wonderful.
                Thank you for all your help May God bless u in the New Year.
                Violet Sue Sharp Long

                You may email me on this enytime.or write me at
                1985 Columbus City RD
                Scottsboro Al 35769

                Message 7 of 13 , Dec 29, 2006
                  Hello All,

                  Still searching for any info. regarding a CHRISTINA (?) . She was married to a John WILLIAMS.

                  They were members of the Paint Rock Baptist Church in the 1840's. He died around 1846 and she was head of household with children, on the 1850 census.

                  I am searching for her maiden name and what happened to her after the 1850 census.

                  BRENDA

                • frances_lambert2000
                  Message 8 of 13 , Dec 29, 2006
                    Sue I don't have much info mostly what is in the Shelton,Wininger and
                    Pace Families Book. My mom went to the Funeral Home She knew Inez.

                    --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, SUE LONG <columbu3@...>
                    wrote:

> [...]
                    ca
                    > 1780s TN? line. John d. 1840 Jackson Co. Catherine d. 1834 Jackson
                    > Co. AL
                    > >
                    > > John and 3 of his sons came to Jacksons Co. Nathaniel b. 1806 VA,
                    > William b. 1811 VA, Noah b. 1817 VA.
                    > >
                    > > Celia Elizabeth West is probably the daughter of John and Manda
                    > West listed as Elizabeth 5 on the 1880 Census Beat 16 & 26 TS4 R4
                    > House 186 Family 189 Jackson Co. AL
                    > >
                    > > The Jackson Co. Death Index
                    > > Thos. Shelton d. 18 Sep 1918 Vol 22 Rott 2 Page 123
                    > >
                    > > Nathaniel Shelton d. Jan 1927 Vol 2 Roll 2 Page 680
                    > >
                    > > Nathaniel Shelton is listed as father 81 Wd with William Shelton
                    on
                    > the 1920 census. He is also with William on the 1900. On the 1910
                    he
                    > is listed as Brother-in-Law with James A. Bryant in Crumley, Dekalb

                  • SUE LONG
                    Message 9 of 13 , Dec 30, 2006
                      Thank you for ur help, would u by chance know eny of Joel's grandchildren that lives out that way ? if so could u give them my email an ask if they would let me in on some of what they know. Please. Thanks again.

                      frances_lambert2000 <frances_lambert2000@...> wrote: Sue I don't have much info mostly what is in the Shelton,Wininger and

                      wrote:

> [...]
                      ca
                      > 1780s TN? line. John d. 1840 Jackson Co. Catherine d. 1834 Jackson
                      > Co. AL
                      > >
                      > > John and 3 of his sons came to Jacksons Co. Nathaniel b. 1806 VA,
                      > William b. 1811 VA, Noah b. 1817 VA.
                      > >
                      > > Celia Elizabeth West is probably the daughter of John and Manda
                      > West listed as Elizabeth 5 on the 1880 Census Beat 16 & 26 TS4 R4
                      > House 186 Family 189 Jackson Co. AL
                      > >
                      > > The Jackson Co. Death Index
                      > > Thos. Shelton d. 18 Sep 1918 Vol 22 Rott 2 Page 123
                      > >
                      > > Nathaniel Shelton d. Jan 1927 Vol 2 Roll 2 Page 680
                      > >
                      > > Nathaniel Shelton is listed as father 81 Wd with William Shelton
                      on
                      > the 1920 census. He is also with William on the 1900. On the 1910
                      he
                      > is listed as Brother-in-Law with James A. Bryant in Crumley, Dekalb

                    • Roy Chadwick
                      Message 10 of 13 , Dec 31, 2006
                        Hi all,
                        I also have the surname Shelton in my lines from Rutherford/Coffee/Grundy/Bedford/Warren/Marion Co of TN,my lines are BOST,
                        CHOATE,COFFELT,KEEL/KEELE,MORELAND,LANGFORD/LANKFORD,
                        VAUGHAN/VAUGHN,SEITZ/SITZ/SIDES.
                        Roy.

                        wrote:

> [...]
                        ca
                        > 1780s TN? line. John d. 1840 Jackson Co. Catherine d. 1834 Jackson
                        > Co. AL
                        > >
                        > > John and 3 of his sons came to Jacksons Co. Nathaniel b. 1806 VA,
                        > William b. 1811 VA, Noah b. 1817 VA.
                        > >
                        > > Celia Elizabeth West is probably the daughter of John and Manda
                        > West listed as Elizabeth 5 on the 1880 Census Beat 16 & 26 TS4 R4
                        > House 186 Family 189 Jackson Co. AL
                        > >
                        > > The Jackson Co. Death Index
                        > > Thos. Shelton d. 18 Sep 1918 Vol 22 Rott 2 Page 123
                        > >
                        > > Nathaniel Shelton d. Jan 1927 Vol 2 Roll 2 Page 680
                        > >
                        > > Nathaniel Shelton is listed as father 81 Wd with William Shelton
                        on
                        > the 1920 census. He is also with William on the 1900. On the 1910
                        he
                        > is listed as Brother-in-Law with James A. Bryant in Crumley, Dekalb

                      • frances_lambert2000
                        Message 11 of 13 , Dec 31, 2006
                          Sue I don,t know them my mom knows more about them thanI do. I
                          know that Inez's Daughter Virgina married a Littles. The
                          Shelton,Wininger and Pace Books said it was Ira Calvin LiTTLES. His
                          father was Tate LITTLES and Mother Dovie (WILSON) LITTLES. Dovie
                          WILSON Is kin to me on my dads side. Her Father was Med WILSON mother
                          Jennie (JOHNSON) WILSON.

                          wrote:

> [...]
                          > > 1780s TN? line. John d. 1840 Jackson Co. Catherine d. 1834
                          Jackson
                          > > Co. AL
                          > > >
                          > > > John and 3 of his sons came to Jacksons Co. Nathaniel b. 1806
                          VA,
                          > > William b. 1811 VA, Noah b. 1817 VA.
                          > > >
                          > > > Celia Elizabeth West is probably the daughter of John and Manda
                          > > West listed as Elizabeth 5 on the 1880 Census Beat 16 & 26 TS4 R4
                          > > House 186 Family 189 Jackson Co. AL
                          > > >
                          > > > The Jackson Co. Death Index
                          > > > Thos. Shelton d. 18 Sep 1918 Vol 22 Rott 2 Page 123
                          > > >
                          > > > Nathaniel Shelton d. Jan 1927 Vol 2 Roll 2 Page 680
                          > > >
                          > > > Nathaniel Shelton is listed as father 81 Wd with William
                          Shelton
                          > on
                          > > the 1920 census. He is also with William on the 1900. On the 1910
                          > he
                          > > is listed as Brother-in-Law with James A. Bryant in Crumley,

                        • SUE LONG
                          Message 12 of 13 , Jan 3, 2007
                            France
                            Do you know if Jennie Johnson is related to Rosie an Earl Johnson ? if she is then she is related to my husband Hubert Long . Rosie is his grandmother,Earl is his stepgrandfather, the littles are also related to him some where down the line to.they have been hard to fine out about, thanks for ur help.

                            Sue