Re: [jacksongenealogy] Michael Thomas Mitchell/Elizabeth Jane Swaim

  • altafae@aol.com
    Message 1 of 14 , Nov 28, 2006
      I was just working on my Sanders, and came across this name - do you believe
      these Swaim have anything to do with Elizabeth Jane?

      Descendants of Michael Swaim

      Generation No. 1

      1. MICHAEL1 SWAIM was born 1752 in Rowan, NC, USA, and died 1800 in
      Guilford, NC, USA. He married SARAH RIGDON. She was born 1758 in Guilford, NC,
      USA, and died 1810 in Guilford, NC, USA.
      Child of MICHAEL SWAIM and SARAH RIGDON is:
      2. i. SILAS2 SWAIM, b. 1790, Guilford, NC, USA; d. 1849,
      Jackson, AL, USA.

      Generation No. 2

      2. SILAS2 SWAIM (MICHAEL1) was born 1790 in Guilford, NC, USA, and died
      1849 in Jackson, AL, USA. He married (1) TEMPERANCE WALL 02 Nov 1831 in
      Randolph, NC, USA. She was born 1800 in Randolph, NC, USA, and died 1860 in
      Jackson, AL, USA. He married (2) CATHERINE JONES 30 Jul 1805. She was born
      1788 in Guilford, NC, USA, and died 1830 in Randolph, NC, USA.
      More About SILAS SWAIM and TEMPERANCE WALL:
      Marriage: 02 Nov 1831, Randolph, NC, USA
      More About SILAS SWAIM and CATHERINE JONES:
      Marriage: 30 Jul 1805
      Children of SILAS SWAIM and TEMPERANCE WALL are:
      i. DANIEL3 SWAIM, b. 1832, Jackson, AL, USA; d. 1880, AL, USA.
      ii. SILAS CHRISTOPHER SWAIM, b. 25 Dec 1833, NC, USA; d. 27 Jan 1914,
      Jackson, AL, USA.
      iii. MARTHA SWAIM, b. 1836, NC, USA.
      iv. NANCY SWAIM, b. 1840, NC, USA.
      Children of SILAS SWAIM and CATHERINE JONES are:
      3. v. MICHAEL3 SWAIM, b. 1801, NC, USA; d. 07 Apr 1860,
      Montgomery, AR, USA.
      4. vi. JESSE ABNER SWAIM, b. 22 Jun 1819, NC, USA.
      vii. SWAIM, b. 1821, NC, USA.

      Generation No. 3

      3. MICHAEL3 SWAIM (SILAS2, MICHAEL1) was born 1801 in NC, USA, and died
      07 Apr 1860 in Montgomery, AR, USA. He married REBECCA SANDERS 1835,
      daughter of GEORGE SANDERS and PHOEBE SAUNDERS. She was born 05 Jan 1807 in
      Randolph, NC, USA, and died 1860 in Sulphur Springs, Montgomery, AR, USA.
      More About MICHAEL SWAIM:
      Residence: 1850, Not Stated, Marion, Arkansas
      More About MICHAEL SWAIM and REBECCA SANDERS:
      Marriage: 1835
      Children of MICHAEL SWAIM and REBECCA SANDERS are:
      i. PHOEBE CATHERINE4 SWAIM, b. 1832, AL, USA.
      ii. GEORGE S SWAIM, b. 1834, AL, USA.
      iii. SYLAS W SWAIM, b. 1836, Marion, AR, USA.
      iv. MARY JANE SWAIN, b. 1839, AL, USA; d. Mt Ida, Montgomery, AR, USA.
      v. DEBORAH ANN SWAIM, b. 1841, AL, USA; d. Montgomery, AR, USA.
      vi. SARAH E SWAIM, b. 1844, AL, USA.
      vii. CHARLES SWAIM, b. 1845, AL, USA.
      Notes for CHARLES SWAIM:
      U.S. Census > 1850 United States Federal Census > Arkansas > Marion > Not
      Stated: Not in household this census year.
      viii. MARTHA E SWAIM, b. 1846, AL, USA.
      ix. EZEKIEL SWAIM, b. 1850, Marion, AR, USA.
      4. JESSE ABNER3 SWAIM (SILAS2, MICHAEL1) was born 22 Jun 1819 in NC,
      USA. He married (1) MARY JANE FONES in NC, USA. She was born 1819 in NC,
      USA. He married (2) SARAH ANDERSON.
      More About JESSE ABNER SWAIM:
      Residence: 1860, Belews Creek, Forsyth, North Carolina
      More About JESSE SWAIM and MARY FONES:
      Marriage: NC, USA
      Children of JESSE SWAIM and MARY FONES are:
      i. JOHN4 SWAIM, b. 1829, NC, USA.
      ii. PHEOBE SWAIM, b. 1832, NC, USA.
      iii. RACHAEL SWAIM, b. 1835, NC, USA.
      iv. ANDREW J SWAIM, b. 1848, Belews Creek, Forsyth, NC, USA.

    • altafae@aol.com
      Message 2 of 14 , Nov 28, 2006
        In a message dated 11/28/2006 7:52:22 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
        cmitchellbox@... writes:

        MITCHELL

        I have various Mitchell's that connect through my family, what names are you
        looking for specifically?

      • B J GILBREATH
        Message 3 of 14 , Nov 29, 2006
          Charolette,

          I have been doing some research on the Mitchell Family. My husbands grandmother was a Mitchell. Her father was John Benjamin Mitchell and he married Sara Wilbanks in Jackson County Alabama. They moved to Texas before Lula was born which she was born in 1898 in Texas. I will send you some more information if you think this is part of the family you are researching.

          Billie Gilbreath

          cmitchellbox <cmitchellbox@...> wrote:
          Elizabeth is my ggrandmother. She lived in Lonoke, AR in 1910 with
          her son Moses C. Mitchell and died in June 1910. In 1900, she lived
          with her brother Michael Richard Swaim in Texas. In 1880, 1870 she
          lived in Alabama.

          My grandfather Johnathan (he spelt it Jonathan) Holmes Mitchell
          lived in Houston, Texas. He began working for the phone company in
          the late 1880s and retired in 1934; he died in 1959 in Texas. I
          cannot find him in 1900. He was born in Alabama in 1868.

          According to the LDS site, all the Mitchells lived and died in AL
          yet thru research I've found them in AR and Texas. Of course with
          records not being readily available I haven't had much success
          especially on my great aunts.

          According to research, Elizabeth migrated from AL to AR in 1883/84.
          Interesting as her husband shows in AL in 1900 living with his
          mother claiming widow. Her children are: Johnathan, Moses, Thomas
          (he was in Pine Bluff, AR in 1950 & that's all I know on him), Mary
          Jane, Martha L, Twins: Meoma & Sarah F, Susan and Seborne. (spelling
          varies)

          I've discovered a couple of Swaim cousins but have been unsuccessful
          in discovering anyone researching the MITCHELL family. I've posted
          in many forums and so far my only replies have been the Swaim side.
          Anyone out there know of this family? I can post a book on this.
          Anyone with info would be so appreciated.
          Charlotte

        • Charlotte
          Message 4 of 14 , Nov 30, 2006
            Hello Billie:
            I had a look at Michael Thomas Mitchell's family (bros/sisters) and I do not find a John Benjamin Mitchell. BUT I do remember Daddy speaking of a Uncle Benjamin that wrestled bears in AL. Yup you read that correct. I do not know how they are related. His Father was Thomas Jefferson Mitchell. I don't know if that helps.
            Charlotte

            B J GILBREATH <bjgilbreath@...> wrote:
[...]

            There is a difference in knowing the path and walking the path.

          • Charlotte
            Message 5 of 14 , Nov 30, 2006
              Johnathan Holmes Mitchell (my grandfather, have all info except 1900 census), Moses C. (most info on him except children); Mary Jane; Martha L.; Thomas V.;
              Mamoa (I think Naomi) A/Sarah F (twins); Susan and Seborne. Spellings vary.
              Thx,
              Charlotte

              cmitchellbox@... writes:

              MITCHELL

              I have various Mitchell's that connect through my family, what names are you
              looking for specifically?

              There is a difference in knowing the path and walking the path.

            • cmitchellbox
              Message 6 of 14 , Nov 30, 2006
                --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, altafae@... wrote:

> [...]
                > Notes for CHARLES SWAIM:
                > U.S. Census > 1850 United States Federal Census > Arkansas >
                Marion > Not
                > Stated: Not in household this census year.
                > viii. MARTHA E SWAIM, b. 1846, AL, USA.
                > ix. EZEKIEL SWAIM, b. 1850, Marion, AR, USA.
                > 4. JESSE ABNER3 SWAIM (SILAS2, MICHAEL1) was born 22 Jun
                1819 in NC,
                > USA. He married (1) MARY JANE FONES in NC, USA. She was born
                1819 in NC,
                > USA. He married (2) SARAH ANDERSON.
                > More About JESSE ABNER SWAIM:
                > Residence: 1860, Belews Creek, Forsyth, North Carolina
                > More About JESSE SWAIM and MARY FONES:
                > Marriage: NC, USA
                > Children of JESSE SWAIM and MARY FONES are:
                > i. JOHN4 SWAIM, b. 1829, NC, USA.
                > ii. PHEOBE SWAIM, b. 1832, NC, USA.
                > iii. RACHAEL SWAIM, b. 1835, NC, USA.
                > iv. ANDREW J SWAIM, b. 1848, Belews Creek, Forsyth, NC, USA.

                None of these Swaims are familiar BUT that doesn't mean they are not
                related. I do know Elizabeth had 2 brothers named Michael Richard
                and Stephen Moses.
                Message 7 of 14 , Nov 30, 2006
                  In order to help see if anyone connects to this Mitchell family here is some census and marriage info for them.

                  1850 Dist 8 Warren Co. TN
                  House/Family 1371
                  Thomas Mitchael 41 Farmer TN
                  Mary J. 29 TN
                  Thomas 7 (this is Michael Thomas Mitchell) All children b. TN
                  Johnathan 5
                  Martha J. 3
                  Nancy E. 1
                  William Whorton 22 Farmer TN
                  Mary J. Custer 23 TN

                  1860 Scottsboro Jackson Co. AL
                  House/Family 615
                  Thomas Mitchell 50 Farmer NC
                  Mary 42 TN
                  Michael 17 TN
                  Jonathan 15 TN
                  Martha 13 TN
                  Elizabeth 11 TN
                  Salley 5 TN
                  Mary 2 AL

                  1870 Larkinsville Jackson Co. AL
                  House/Family 119
                  Thos. J. Mitchell 61 Farmer NC
                  Mary J. 50 Keeping House TN
                  Sallie 15 At Home TN
                  Virgil Wood 28 Minister AL
                  Martha J. Wood 22 TN (Martha J. Mitchell)
                  Alexander Wood 2 AL

                  House/Family 120
                  John W. Mitchell 25 Farmer TN (Jonathon Mitchell)
                  Sarah L. 21 Keeping House TN
                  Thomas S. 7months AL

                  House/Family 121
                  Thos. Mitchell 27 Farmer AL? (should be TN)
                  Elizabeth J. 20 Keeping House AL
                  Jonathan 1 AL

                  Marriages Jackson Co. AL
                  Jonathan W. Mitchell m. Evaline E. Brewer 10 Jan 1866 OS Page 332

                  Michael J. Mitchell m. Elizabeth Swain 19 Jan 1868 OS Page 581

                  Johathan W. Mitchell m. Sarah L. Bishop Jan 1869 OS Page 699

                  Virgil Y. Wood m. Martha J. Mitchell 20 Aug 1865 OS Page 269

                  Jacob L. Kennamer m. Sallie W. Mitchell 23 Dec 1880 OS Page 534

                  S.G. Kennarmer m. Nancy E. Mitchell 08 Apr 1869 OS Page 736

                  Was Neoma Swain, mother of Elizabeth Jane, the wife of George Swain who was the son of Moses Swain b. 1800 NC? She was listed as Ema 23 on the 1850 with George Swain 26 and Moses Swain 3?

                • Charlotte
                  Message 8 of 14 , Nov 30, 2006
                    Good info but this is Michael Mitchell's siblings except his marriage to Elizabeth in Jan 19 1868. Here are details of Micheal Thomas/Elizabeth Swaim:
                    Michael T Mitchell
                    Birth: 29 APR 1843 , Warren, Tennessee
                    Death: 30 OCT 1905(Death: 30 OCT 1905 in Little Rock,Pulaski County,Arkansas - on some1's family tree) I show him in AL in 1900
                    Elizabeth J Swaim
                    Birth: 22 Jun 1850 ,Jackson, AL
                    Death: 10 Jun 1910, Lonoke, AR
                    Children
                    1. Jonathan H Mitchell
                    Birth: 19 OCT 1868 , , Alabama
                    Death: 27 May 1959 Houston, Smith County, Texas buried in Houston

                    2. Moses C Mitchell
                    Birth: 10 DEC 1870 , , Alabama
                    Death: 24 Jan 1943 in Pulaski, Arkansas
                    CARNOR*, (Ms) DANE 24 MITCHELL, M.C. 36 17-NOV-1915 Q-601
                    http://www.rootsweb.com/~arlonoke/marriage_index_c_and_d.htm
                    GANDY, (M) ALICE 25 MITCHELL, M.C. 22 17-JAN-1893 G-356
                    http://www.rootsweb.com/~arlonoke/marriage_index_g.htm

                    3. Mary Jane Mitchell
                    Birth: 10 DEC 1872 , , Alabama
                    Death: 20 SEP 1896 Of, , Jackson, Alabama
                    Spouse: Bradford, 1890 Jackson, AL
                    MITCHELL, MARY 18 BRADFORD, FELIX 23 31-DEC-1890 F-541 (found on:
                    http://www.rootsweb.com/~arlonoke/marriage_index_m.htm) Also on marriage records in AR
                    4. Martha L Mitchell
                    Birth: 20 NOV 1877 , , Alabama
                    Death: 17 SEP 1905 Of, , Jackson, Alabama
                    married a Shrivers @ 1901 in Jackson Alabama.

                    5. Thomas V Mitchell
                    Birth: 16 FEB 1876 , , Alabama

                    6. Maoma A Mitchell (twin)
                    Birth: 1878 , Jackson, Alabama
                    7. Unavailable <<probably Sarah F.(twin)
                    Birth: 1878, Jackson, Alabama
                    Susan F Mitchell Compact Disc #116 Pin #445265 <<WRONG NAME

                    Birth: 16 Aug 1878 Place: , , Jackson, Alabama

                    8. Susan Mitchell
                    Birth: 16 AUG 1881 , Jackson, Alabama
                    Death: 15 JUN 1906
                    Spouse: Baird, abt 1901 Jackson, AL

                    9. Seaborn Mitchell (spelled Seborne in 1900 in AR)
                    Birth: 21 JAN 1884 , Jackson, Alabama
                    Death: 30 MAR 1903
                    (on 1900 census shows birth: Feb 1884 and birth in AR)

                    Nothing verified above except on Johnathan, Moses, Elizabeth's death; everything else has been researching which I put info as I found it. Ring any bells now?
                    Charlotte

                    Message 9 of 14 , Nov 30, 2006
                      Was Neoma Swain, mother of Elizabeth Jane, the wife of George Swain who was the son of Moses Swain b. 1800 NC? She was listed as Ema 23 on the 1850 with George Swain 26 and Moses Swain 3?

                      In an answer YES. George died about 1860 and she remarried a Walker. In fact her sons on a couple of census shows them as Walker.

                      Message 10 of 14 , Dec 8, 2006
                        --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, Charlotte
                        <cmitchellbox@...> wrote:

> [...]
                        > John W. Mitchell 25 Farmer TN (Jonathon Mitchell)
                        > Sarah L. 21 Keeping House TN
                        > Thomas S. 7months AL
                        >
                        > House/Family 121
                        > Thos. Mitchell 27 Farmer AL? (should be TN)
                        > Elizabeth J. 20 Keeping House AL
                        > Jonathan 1 AL
                        >
                        > Marriages Jackson Co. AL
                        > Jonathan W. Mitchell m. Evaline E. Brewer 10 Jan 1866 OS Page 332
                        >
                        > Michael J. Mitchell m. Elizabeth Swain 19 Jan 1868 OS Page 581
                        >
                        > Johathan W. Mitchell m. Sarah L. Bishop Jan 1869 OS Page 699
                        >
                        > Virgil Y. Wood m. Martha J. Mitchell 20 Aug 1865 OS Page 269
                        >
                        > Jacob L. Kennamer m. Sallie W. Mitchell 23 Dec 1880 OS Page 534
                        >
                        > S.G. Kennarmer m. Nancy E. Mitchell 08 Apr 1869 OS Page 736
                        >
                        > Was Neoma Swain, mother of Elizabeth Jane, the wife of George
                        Swain who was the son of Moses Swain b. 1800 NC? She was listed as
                        Ema 23 on the 1850 with George Swain 26 and Moses Swain 3?

                        Since I am at so many road blocks on finding my Grandpa's (Johnathan
                        Holmes b 19 Oct 1868)immediate family as previously stated, I've
                        decided to work on his grandfather, the above info, Thomas Jefferson
                        Mitchell, b 23 Jul 1809 in Warren, TN, d 10 Apr 1897 Jackson, AL.
                        Thx for the info, I now have 1850 thru 1880 census.
                        Charlotte
                      • cmitchellbox
                        Message 11 of 14 , Dec 14, 2006
                          YES I have found your Michael Swaim with slightly different info but
                          they are my Swaims. I stumbled onto a web site that showed 426
                          Swaims! I'ved only just begun researching.
                          ID: I2307
                          Name: Michael Swaim
                          Sex: M
                          Birth: ABT 1755 in ,Rowan,North Carolina
                          Death: ABT 1840 in ,Guilford,North Carolina
                          Marriage 1 Sarah Rigdon b: ABT 1758 in of,Guilford,North Carolina
                          Married: 24 JUL 1775 in ,Guilford,North Carolina
                          Note: !this list of children of Michael SWAIM & Sarah RIGDON is
                          incomplete
                          Children
                          Levi Swaim b: ABT 1776 in ,Guilford,North Carolina
                          William Swaim b: ABT 1778 in ,Guilford,North Carolina
                          Michael Swaim b: 17 FEB 1781 in ,Guilford,North Carolina
                          John Enoch Swaim b: 3 APR 1782 in ,Guilford,North Carolina
                          Silas Swaim b: ABT 1785 in ,Guilford,North Carolina
                          Sarah Swaim b: 29 SEP 1787 in ,Guilford,North Carolina

                          --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, "cmitchellbox"

                          Message 12 of 14 , Dec 14, 2006
                            Last Will and Testement of Elizabeth Gant dtd 27 Jan 1864

                            In the name of God, Amen, I Elizabeth Gant in the County of Jackson and State of

                            Alabama being of sound mind and memory and considering the ??????? of this frail and transitory life I do therefore make ordain publish and declare this to be my last will and testement. That is to say all of my real estate being the NE1/4 of the NE1/4 of Section 26 Township 4 and Range 6 East I give and bequeath to my Grand Children Jane Gant, George Gant, Elizabeth Gant, Nancy Gant and William Gant. I also give to the aforsaid children the following described land and appurtenances, the South?????? of the SE1/4 of Section 23 Township 4 Range 6 East being the place where I now Reside containg in all 80 acres more or less.

                            In Witness Whereof I have hereunto
                            Subscribed my name and affixed my
                            Seal this 27 day January int the Year of Our
                            Lord One Thousand Eight Hundred and Sixtyfive

                            Elizabeth x Gant (Seal)

                            Elizabeth Gant was a daughter of John and Manerva Catherine Yancy (Mitchell) Gullatt. Elizabeth b. 1799/1800 VA died 1864 Bellefonte, Jackson Co. AL. The first name of her Gant husband is unknown.

                            Her will was not probated until 11 Mar 1873.

                            In the Petition of Probate 11 Mar 1873 by Manerva Gant (wife of John Gant) it is stated that the Grandchildren mentioned in the will are the children of John Gant and that John was son of Elizabeth Gant. Also mentioned as heirs are Blunt Gant, Mary Snodgrass, wife of Elijah Snodgrass non-residents of this state. Also mentions that Nancy Gant is now Nancy Mitchell.

                            Blunt? Gant (is this Jasper?) and Mary Snodgrass were also children of Elizabeth (Gullatt) Gant. I am unsure of the name Blunt as the only other known son of Elizabeth was Jasper N. Gant. All the Grandchildren are not mentioned (Joseph Jefferson the youngest) in the will. I have Jasper Gant's war record but there is no mention of any family members.

                            I received the above from cousin Tim Gant. I am posting it for the rest of my Gant cousins as there has been some question as to the Gullatt/Gant relationship. It had been thought by some that John Gant's wife Manerva was a Gullatt but I have concluded that Manerva's last named is Unknown and the Gullatt connection is through John Gant. John and Manerva's marriage records were apparently burned during the Civil War.

                            Does anyone know anything of Elijah Snodgrass?

                            John and Sarah Manerva "Sally" Gant's Children

                            Sarah Jane b. 1848 m. George W. Metcalf
                            George Washington b. 30 Sep 1850 m. Mary E. Thomas
                            Mary Elizabeth "Betsy" 1852 m. Tom M. Medford
                            Nancy Ann b. 25 Feb 1853 m. Henry T. Mitchell
                            William M. b. 1856 m. Mary M. White
                            Joseph Jefferson b. 4 Aug 1859 m. 1. Elizabeth Shelton 2. Manerva Addie Shelton (were they sisters?)

                            Does anyone connect to the above spouses?

                            Clay Gullatt

                          • Mark
                            Message 13 of 14 , Nov 1, 2007
                              --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, clay gullatt
                              <blackcloud27030@...> wrote:

                              > Last Will and Testement of Elizabeth Gant dtd 27 Jan 1864
                              >
                              > In the name of God, Amen, I Elizabeth Gant in the County of
                              Jackson and State of

                              > Alabama being of sound mind and memory and considering the ???????
                              of this frail and transitory life I do therefore make ordain publish
                              and declare this to be my last will and testement. That is to say
                              all of my real estate being the NE1/4 of the NE1/4 of Section 26
                              Township 4 and Range 6 East I give and bequeath to my Grand Children
                              Jane Gant, George Gant, Elizabeth Gant, Nancy Gant and William Gant.
                              I also give to the aforsaid children the following described land
                              and appurtenances, the South?????? of the SE1/4 of Section 23
                              Township 4 Range 6 East being the place where I now Reside containg
                              in all 80 acres more or less.

                              > In Witness Whereof I have hereunto
                              > Subscribed my name and affixed my
                              > Seal this 27 day January int the Year of Our
                              > Lord One Thousand Eight Hundred and Sixtyfive
                              >
                              > Elizabeth x Gant (Seal)
                              >
                              > Elizabeth Gant was a daughter of John and Manerva Catherine Yancy
                              (Mitchell) Gullatt. Elizabeth b. 1799/1800 VA died 1864 Bellefonte,
                              Jackson Co. AL. The first name of her Gant husband is unknown.

                              > Her will was not probated until 11 Mar 1873.
                              >
                              > In the Petition of Probate 11 Mar 1873 by Manerva Gant (wife of
                              John Gant) it is stated that the Grandchildren mentioned in the will
                              are the children of John Gant and that John was son of Elizabeth
                              Gant. Also mentioned as heirs are Blunt Gant, Mary Snodgrass, wife
                              of Elijah Snodgrass non-residents of this state. Also mentions that
                              Nancy Gant is now Nancy Mitchell.

                              > Blunt? Gant (is this Jasper?) and Mary Snodgrass were also
                              children of Elizabeth (Gullatt) Gant. I am unsure of the name Blunt
                              as the only other known son of Elizabeth was Jasper N. Gant. All the
                              Grandchildren are not mentioned (Joseph Jefferson the youngest) in
                              the will. I have Jasper Gant's war record but there is no mention of
                              any family members.

                              > I received the above from cousin Tim Gant. I am posting it for the
                              rest of my Gant cousins as there has been some question as to the
                              Gullatt/Gant relationship. It had been thought by some that John
                              Gant's wife Manerva was a Gullatt but I have concluded that
                              Manerva's last named is Unknown and the Gullatt connection is
                              through John Gant. John and Manerva's marriage records were
                              apparently burned during the Civil War.

                              > Does anyone know anything of Elijah Snodgrass?
                              >
                              > John and Sarah Manerva "Sally" Gant's Children
                              >
                              > Sarah Jane b. 1848 m. George W. Metcalf
                              > George Washington b. 30 Sep 1850 m. Mary E. Thomas
                              > Mary Elizabeth "Betsy" 1852 m. Tom M. Medford
                              > Nancy Ann b. 25 Feb 1853 m. Henry T. Mitchell
                              > William M. b. 1856 m. Mary M. White
                              > Joseph Jefferson b. 4 Aug 1859 m. 1. Elizabeth Shelton 2. Manerva
                              Addie Shelton (were they sisters?)

                              > Does anyone connect to the above spouses?
                              >
                              > Clay Gullatt

                              The brother of George W.Metcalf was Jasper N. Metcalf and he married
                              Sarah Thomas, the sister of my great grandfather, Samuel Bradford
                              Thomas.I have some, very little information on these folks.

                              These seem to be some of the people buried at Gant Cemetery, if so,
                              I'm sure they are my family.