RE: [jacksongenealogy] Digest Number 246

  • Anne Rohr
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2000
      For Velma Finley: W.J.B. Padgett was my great great grandfather. His son,
      David Anderson, married Maggie Horton, and their son, Robert Annis Padgett,
      was my grandfather. I would love to share information with you. I have had
      a hard time finding out much information regarding the other children of
      W.J.B. and Mary Ann. I do have that they had twelve children, and have
      quite a few dates of birth and death, and some spouses, but that is about
      it. I also have more information on the Padgett family going back to Rev.
      John. Please let me hear from you. I am more than willing to share any
      information I have. Thanks for any help you can give me!

      Anne

      From: "darishas@... " <darishas@...>
      2. Re: Oldest living woman in Alabama
      From: vrfinley@...

      Message: 1
      Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 23:14:23 -0000
      From: "darishas@... " <darishas@...>
      Subject: Oldest living woman in Alabama

      Supposedly I'm related to the one-time oldest living woman in Alabama
      sometime in the 1800s. One small problem, I don't know what her name
      was. My family is also culturally diverse. That side of my family
      is Creek Indian, Black, and Irish. Because of the racism at the
      time, I don't think anyone would have chronicled the oldest living
      Black or Indian woman, so I'm judging she was from the Irish side.
      One family last name is McLeod, not sure of the spelling. One married
      couple was Lucyinthia and Ocie, not sure of the spelling. I can't
      find any info past my great-grandmother's ssi. Can anyone help
      please?

      Message: 2
      Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2000 06:48:33 -0800
      From: vrfinley@...
      Subject: Re: Oldest living woman in Alabama

      Re:McLeods

      W.J.B. Padgett's wife, Mary Ann McCord's mother, was Flora Ann McCloud,
      born 1800 in Ky. Her father, William McCloud (sometimes spelled McLeod),was
      born 1756, we THINK in Scotland and was 16 when he came to America.
      His wife, Margaret (?), as the family story goes, was born on ship bound
      for America, probably about 1774. She died 9-2-1836. He (William),
      died 1-31-1832. They married about 1793 or 1794. That is all we have
      on them. Don't know if there were more McLeods (McClouds) in Jackson
      County or not. Hope this helps you.

      Velma Graham Finley

      --
      vrfinley@... - email

      Get your own free email, set up a MyFamily site at http://www.MyFamily.com

    • s_mccloud@prodigy.net
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 25 4:40 AM
        --- In jacksongenealogy@y..., "Anne Rohr" <arohr@t...> wrote:
        > For Velma Finley: W.J.B. Padgett was my great great grandfather.
        His son,
        > David Anderson, married Maggie Horton, and their son, Robert Annis
        Padgett,
        > was my grandfather. I would love to share information with you. I
        have had
        > a hard time finding out much information regarding the other
        children of
        > W.J.B. and Mary Ann. I do have that they had twelve children, and
        have
        > quite a few dates of birth and death, and some spouses, but that is
        about
        > it. I also have more information on the Padgett family going back
        to Rev.
        > John. Please let me hear from you. I am more than willing to
        share any
        > information I have. Thanks for any help you can give me!
        >
        > Anne

        Hello Anne and others. My McCloud family is from Jackson County,
        Alabama. The oldest ancestor I know about was James McCloud who
        worked as an overseer for the Fielder family in Jackson County. His
        daughter (Julia Ann) at 11 years old (in 1854) had a son by his
        Fielder boss' brother..probably rape. She died in childbirth and the
        son lived with the Fielders for a while. He was named James after
        his grandpa and became a pretty well know preacher in the area in the
        1880's-1910 era around Pisgah, Flat Rock, etc. He may have lived
        also for a time in the Dutton area. His wife was Sarah Ellen Dodd.
        I don't know much more about them. My father, now deceased used to
        talk about an old woman that was related to him which I think is
        probably your "oldest" living woman in Alabama. Do you know of any
        connection? I could give James and Sarah's children details but they
        were all born around 1900. Thanks for any help. Sheila McCloud
        s_mccloud@...

        __

        __

        > Message: 2
        > Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2000 06:48:33 -0800
        > From: vrfinley@m...
        > Subject: Re: Oldest living woman in Alabama
        >
        > Re:McLeods
        >
        > W.J.B. Padgett's wife, Mary Ann McCord's mother, was Flora Ann
        McCloud,
        > born 1800 in Ky. Her father, William McCloud (sometimes spelled
        McLeod),was
        > born 1756, we THINK in Scotland and was 16 when he came to America.
        > His wife, Margaret (?), as the family story goes, was born on ship
        bound
        > for America, probably about 1774. She died 9-2-1836. He (William),
        > died 1-31-1832. They married about 1793 or 1794. That is all we
        have
        > on them. Don't know if there were more McLeods (McClouds) in
        Jackson
        > County or not. Hope this helps you.
        >
        > Velma Graham Finley
        >

        > --
        > vrfinley@m... - email
        >

        > ---- "darishas@y... " <darishas@y...> wrote:
        > > Supposedly I'm related to the one-time oldest living woman in
        Alabama

        > > sometime in the 1800s. One small problem, I don't know what her
        name

        > > was. My family is also culturally diverse. That side of my
        family

        > > is Creek Indian, Black, and Irish. Because of the racism at the
        > > time, I don't think anyone would have chronicled the oldest living
        > >
        > > Black or Indian woman, so I'm judging she was from the Irish side.
        > >
        > > One family last name is McLeod, not sure of the spelling. One
        married

        > > couple was Lucyinthia and Ocie, not sure of the spelling. I can't
        > >
        > > find any info past my great-grandmother's ssi. Can anyone help
        > > please?

        __
        > Get your own free email, set up a MyFamily site at
        http://www.MyFamily.com

        __

        __