Re: [jacksongenealogy] Oldest living woman in Alabama

  • vrfinley@myfamily.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2000
      Re:McLeods

      W.J.B. Padgett's wife, Mary Ann McCord's mother, was Flora Ann McCloud,
      born 1800 in Ky. Her father, William McCloud (sometimes spelled McLeod),was
      born 1756, we THINK in Scotland and was 16 when he came to America.
      His wife, Margaret (?), as the family story goes, was born on ship bound
      for America, probably about 1774. She died 9-2-1836. He (William),
      died 1-31-1832. They married about 1793 or 1794. That is all we have
      on them. Don't know if there were more McLeods (McClouds) in Jackson
      County or not. Hope this helps you.

      Velma Graham Finley

      --
      vrfinley@... - email