Oldest living woman in Alabama

  • darishas@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 30, 2000
      Supposedly I'm related to the one-time oldest living woman in Alabama
      sometime in the 1800s. One small problem, I don't know what her name
      was. My family is also culturally diverse. That side of my family
      is Creek Indian, Black, and Irish. Because of the racism at the
      time, I don't think anyone would have chronicled the oldest living
      Black or Indian woman, so I'm judging she was from the Irish side.
      One family last name is McLeod, not sure of the spelling. One married
      couple was Lucyinthia and Ocie, not sure of the spelling. I can't
      find any info past my great-grandmother's ssi. Can anyone help
      please?
    • vrfinley@myfamily.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 1, 2000
        Re:McLeods

        W.J.B. Padgett's wife, Mary Ann McCord's mother, was Flora Ann McCloud,
        born 1800 in Ky. Her father, William McCloud (sometimes spelled McLeod),was
        born 1756, we THINK in Scotland and was 16 when he came to America.
        His wife, Margaret (?), as the family story goes, was born on ship bound
        for America, probably about 1774. She died 9-2-1836. He (William),
        died 1-31-1832. They married about 1793 or 1794. That is all we have
        on them. Don't know if there were more McLeods (McClouds) in Jackson
        County or not. Hope this helps you.

        Velma Graham Finley

        --
        vrfinley@... - email