Re: [jacksongenealogy] 1850 Census Johathan POTTER

  • altafae@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 1, 2006
      In a message dated 10/30/2006 8:22:21 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
      rgpipes@... writes:

      Martha

      U.S. Census > 1850 United States Federal Census > Alabama > Jackson >
      Township 2 Range 6:

      In this census year there is a Martha Winnger in the home of Jonathan Potter
      b 1812 TN, wife: Eliza b 1816 VA, sons: Samuel b 1833 AL; William b 1833;
      daughters: Cynthia b 1838 AL; Mary b 1840 AL; Nancy b 1843 AL; sons: Elijah
      [Elija] b 1845 AL; John b 1847, and young daughter: Sarah b 1849 AL. It appears
      that Martha is a widow in the household of her brother, Jonathan.

      Funny, I was just working on my Worthen/Mayfield line and Jonathan Potter is
      one of the grandparents to the Mayfield line. In world connect there seems
      to be two Cynthia's, yet Sarah middle name, my belief, is Cynthia - and the
      marriages attributed to Cynthia are actually these two separate women. I have
      more information on this Potter line if you wish to exchange information.

      Jimmie Ryan
      Elijah Brazier b 1776 NC