Re: [jacksongenealogy] Ella HILL GRIDER

  • Linda Wilson
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 16, 2006
      Myra L. (Mitchell) Brandon (John), Hill (? Richard?), Bradford was the daughter of James M. Mitchell and Elizabeth Evans Mitchell.

      Elizabeth Evans Mitchell was the daughter of Lewis Evans and Anna Bynum (1st wife).

      James and Elizabeth Mitchell are supposed to be buried in Shelton Cemetery.
      We did not find a tombstone for them. But there are a lot of field stones marking graves. I was told that was slave graves. But Lewis Evans and his 2nd wife are buried there. Lewis' headstone is a field rock. the footstone is a regular marker.

      Lena Mae Hill married Sam J. Bellomy.
      Arlie R. Hill married Estelle Morrison (they are buried in Shelton Cemetery)
      Delbert M. Hill (11-24-1907 to 3-8-1982) is buried in Cedar Hill Cemetery.

      Myra' s older sister Martha E. Mitchell married George L. Maness and moved to Marshall County. They are my great-grand parents.
      Linda Wilson

      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 16, 2006
        Regina and Linda

        Here is James M. Mitchell on the 1900

        1900 Tupelo Jackson Co. AL
        James M. Mitchell Head Sept 1832 67 Wd AL KY TN

        Have always wondered if the Mitchells in Jackson Co. were kin to my GGgrandmother Manerva Catherine Yancy (Mitchell) Gullatt b. 1777 VA d. 1862 Jackson Co. AL. Catherine's brothers William, James and John Mitchell moved to KY from VA. Have not had time to trace them and their families. They were children of John and Ann Nancy (Wigginton) Mitchell of Culpeper Co. VA

      • rgpipes@hughes.net
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 16, 2006
          According to Robert CASEY Myra MITCHELL first married John BRANDON and they
          had five children then she married Richard HILL and they had four children
          one being my Aunt Louella HILL GRIDER. Then it looks like she married a
          third time to a BRADFORD.

          Do you see a Richard HILL anywhere in Jackson County?

          The census says F M GRIDER was only married once BUT he was married once
          before to Kate ODOM in Loudon County Tennessee where he had two sons and one
          daughter. His wife died and I guess he just up and left the children with
          family members.

          My Aunt Dorothy GRIDER married this John T. BRANDON or at least I think this
          is the same BRANDON. After they divorced she married Frank TALLEY. No
          wonder it is so confusing.

          Thanks so much Clay.

          Regina

          _____