Samuel Taylor/Samuel Tyler deeds

  • robert_s_63134
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 5, 2006
      Hi!

      Some weeks ago I searched the Jackson County deed index and thought
      that I had found a deed involving my 5th gr grandfather Samuel
      Taylor. Samuel Taylor selling to W.S. Peters on 12/7/1831, Book D
      page 146. Interesting that this deed was actually recorded in the
      1845-1855 period. When I went to the actual deed, the name on the
      deed wasn't Samuel Taylor, but Tyler. The actual deed recorded a
      survey and the transfer of title. Land totalled 167 acres and a
      fraction. W 1/4 of Sec 19, Town No. (?), Range 4 east. It was signed
      by Matthew Lillie chain, James Embry, and a couple of others whose
      names I cannot read clearly. That's about all I can say on this.

      Is anyone out there familiar with a Samuel Tyler? I'm still curious
      whether this was my 5 th gr grandfather's place or did it belong to
      someone named Samuel Tyler.