Re: [jacksongenealogy] RE: [Jackson genealogy] Hamilton Surname

  • altafae@aol.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 3, 2006
      In a message dated 10/1/2006 3:33:06 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
      hkatherinejohn@... writes:

      Robert Varnell Hamilton

      Do you have some connections to Rev. Henry Gotcher (Gocher) family of
      Tennessee? I just saw the Varnell, and I know I have several lines in my Gotcher
      family.

    • JL Hamilton
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 3, 2006
        Robert Varnell was my father. I do not know of any connection to these
        folks. Best regards

        John L Hamilton

        _____

        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 4, 2006
          In a message dated 10/3/2006 9:12:32 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
          hkatherinejohn@... writes:

          Varnell

          Thanks, John I appreciate your prompt response. It was the middle name that
          caught my eye - do you know how your father got that middle name, was it on
          your mothers side of the family, maybe a grandmother or great grandmother?

          Jimmie Ryan
          Elijah Brazier [Brasier] b 1776 NC - late/middle 1840 - Madison, Alabama
          Elijah Brazier Jr. b 1800 SC - Maynard Cove, Jackson, Alabama
          George W Brashear b 18 Jan 1849 - Maynard Cove, Jackson, Alabama
          Sarah Louisa Catherine Brashear b 02 May 1889 - Scottsboro, Jackson, Alabama
          Alta Fay Brown b 09 Oct 1924 - St Joe, Montague, Texas

        • JL Hamilton
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 4, 2006
            No I do not know but since you brought it up I am going to try to find out.
            I will check it out and get back with you. Thanks for that little nudge it
            has now peaked my interest. Best regards

            Larry

            _____