RE: [jacksongenealogy] RE: [Jackson genealogy] Hamilton Surname

  • JL Hamilton
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 2, 2006
      Hello Thanks for your reply good to hear from you. I wonder if there is
      anything connecting the Hamiltons you are working on and those I sent you?
      Best regards

      Larry Hamilton

      _____

      From: jacksongenealogy@ <mailto:jacksongenealogy%40yahoogroups.com>
      yahoogroups.com
      From: jacksongenealogy@ <mailto:jacksongenealogy%40yahoogroups.com>
      yahoogroups.com
      From: jacksongenealogy@ <mailto:jacksongenealogy%40yahoogroups.com>
      yahoogroups.com
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 3, 2006
        In a message dated 10/1/2006 3:33:06 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
        hkatherinejohn@... writes:

        Robert Varnell Hamilton

        Do you have some connections to Rev. Henry Gotcher (Gocher) family of
        Tennessee? I just saw the Varnell, and I know I have several lines in my Gotcher
        family.

      • JL Hamilton
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 3, 2006
          Robert Varnell was my father. I do not know of any connection to these
          folks. Best regards

          John L Hamilton

          _____

          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 4, 2006
            In a message dated 10/3/2006 9:12:32 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
            hkatherinejohn@... writes:

            Varnell

            Thanks, John I appreciate your prompt response. It was the middle name that
            caught my eye - do you know how your father got that middle name, was it on
            your mothers side of the family, maybe a grandmother or great grandmother?

            Jimmie Ryan
            Elijah Brazier [Brasier] b 1776 NC - late/middle 1840 - Madison, Alabama
            Elijah Brazier Jr. b 1800 SC - Maynard Cove, Jackson, Alabama
            George W Brashear b 18 Jan 1849 - Maynard Cove, Jackson, Alabama
            Sarah Louisa Catherine Brashear b 02 May 1889 - Scottsboro, Jackson, Alabama
            Alta Fay Brown b 09 Oct 1924 - St Joe, Montague, Texas

          • JL Hamilton
            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 4, 2006
              No I do not know but since you brought it up I am going to try to find out.
              I will check it out and get back with you. Thanks for that little nudge it
              has now peaked my interest. Best regards

              Larry

              _____