Re: HOMESTEAD LAND GRANTS

  • bbrock1945@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 23 3:21 PM
      Ann,
      You are truly a fount of knowledge! Appears there are several land patents
      in the Paint Rock area belonging to persons named John Williams - if I'm
      correctly understanding the 'numbers'

      1831
      E1/2 NE 29 2-S 4E Huntsville AL JA.

      1835
      SENE 20 2-S 4E Huntsville AL JA.

      Too far East for Paint Rock?
      1835
      NENW 23 4-S 5-E

      I understand the land records before the 1860's, don't usually have much
      information - I'm searching for the name of wives and pay dirt, would be the
      children! Who knows, but maybe I'll get lucky!

      Thanks again,
      Brenda