John and Sarah Beasley Patterson

  • fl_melissa
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 17, 2006
      Hi everyone,

      I am new to the list and researching the family of John Patterson
      and Sarah Beasley. They are listed on the 1840 Union Co GA census
      and by 1850 were in Jackson Co AL along with some of Sarah's Beasley
      family. Sarah died around 1859 and John died around 1867.

      When I first started researching this family, I read an article
      about John Patterson dying in a mining accident near Sand Mountain.
      I thought I read it on the GenWeb site, but cannot find it now.
      Perhaps I read it in a Heritage book?? Does anyone have this
      article??

      I did see a post in the archives of the Rootsweb Jackson AL email
      list from a Herb Cunningham. Is he on this list?? It stated that
      Cunningham and Patterson were partners in the Cunningham Mining
      company (ore mining) per a 1853 deed.

      If anyone has any information on John and Sarah Beasley Patterson
      and family while they lived in Jackson Co AL, I would like to hear
      from you!!

      Melissa