RE: ZACHARIAH NELSON

  • jmje36@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 16, 2006
      Dear Ann,

      Thank you (again) for information you sent me on above listed Z. Nelson. As
      you can imagine, with my ancestor of John Johnson, I have always tracked
      allied families to help me find the correct John Johnson. I always seem to be
      able to find info on the allied families, but not my ancestor, John Johnson.

      The Sampson HOUSE that you mention, I believe, is actually Sampson HAWS.
      That surname is often spelled incorrectly. There is an original land patent in
      Jackson Co. for Sampson Haws on 10 May 1831 (Doc. # 2401: Sec. 17; Twp. 5-S;
      Rng. 4-E) of 159.36 A. On that same day, John Johnson received a land patent
      in Jackson Co. for 139.97 A.

      On Zachariah Nelson: he was married twice: first wife was Margaret Mason,
      who he married on 7 Mar 1822 in Madison Co. AL. They had one child, James
      Sylvester Nelson, b. 17 Dec 1822. (James S. is who married Elizabeth Johnson,
      sister to my G GF, Thomas Marion Johnson). Margaret probably died in childbirth,
      or shortly thereafter. Z. Nelson next married Sarah Walker on 1 Jan 1824 in
      Rhea Co. TN. They had a number of children. Those that I have listed are
      Martha, b. 1829: David, b. 1831: George Washington, b. 1832: John b. 1833:
      Thomas b. 1835: Richard b. 1837 and Isobel Nancy, b. 1840. Are any of these
      children the ones that are listed on the 1850 census?

      Thank you again for answering questions. It is always appreciated. I am
      still trying to find out information about my elusive John Johnson, who married
      Loveth Louisa Pullen (as his second wife). She is buried in Douglas Co. MO.
      And, her headstone says "wife of John Johnson". John had two children prior to
      his marriage to "Lovie" and I do not know the name of the first wife.

      Sincerely, Judy Johnson Erickson, TX