RE: SAMPSON HAWS

  • jmje36@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 15, 2006
      Clay,

      Thank you for responding to my request. I have the 10 May 1831 land patent
      (Sec. 17: Twp. 5-S, Rng. 4-E) for Sampson Haws. Also, on that same date, my
      ancestor, John Johnson, received a land patent (Sec. 32: Twp. 2-S: Rng. 8-E)
      in Jackson Co. And, on 1 June 1831, Zachariah Nelson received a land patent
      (Sec 8, Twp. 3-S, Rng. 4-E) in Jackson Co.

      I am fairly confident that this John Johnson is "my" John Johnson. My reason
      here is that both Sampson Haws and Zachariah Nelson had sons who married
      daughters of John Johnson. Solomon Haws married Elizabeth Johnson prior to 1839.
      I do not have that record: have never been able to find it. James S. Nelson
      married Matilda Johnson on 22 Dec 1848 in De Kalb Co. AL. Elizabeth and
      Matilda were older sisters of my G GF, Thomas Marion Johnson, who was born in
      Jackson Co. AL in 1834. These persons all migrated to MO in 1840's and 1850's.

      Might you be able to determine how close these three families lived to each
      other? Were they all in the Paint Rock area?

      Thank you again. Judy Johnson Erickson, TX