Re: [jacksongenealogy] Re: "The Heritage of Jackson County Vol 36" Roberts/Ro...

  • Dianne Blakley
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 8, 2006
      Sam,

      I don't believe there is a connection to my husband's Blakley branch, although a 2nd cousin, Rosetta Frances Blakley Bray lived in Dallas, TX. The only William's in my file were: William Blakley, born abt. 1915, son of Lilburn and Mabel Holmes Blakley; William Lilburn Blakley, born 9-26-1851 in MO, died before 1880 in CO?, son of Charles & Vilena Lewis Blakley; and William Norton Blakley, born 4-29-1888, Platte Co., MO, died 8-10-1907 in Platte Co., MO, son of Jesse Jediah & Frances Warner Miller Blakley. The ancestor that these Blakleys descend from was James Blakley and his wife Jennie Tye/Tie, both born abt. 1710 in Ireland. Their son, Charles Blakley/Blackley, born abt. 1736 in Ireland was the first one to set foot in America by 1773. He died in 1816 in Knox Co., TN. Don't recognize the other names in your inquiry.

      Dianne Blakley in AZ