Re: [jacksongenealogy] Look Ups

  • Ruth Huffine
    Message 1 of 15 , Sep 27 9:22 PM
      Are there any Sheltons in the three census? I am looking for William F.
      Shelton (1767-1857) who married Martisha Taylor in 1786. They were parents
      of 5 children and one of them was Shepard Shelton (1791-1876) who married
      Rosina Chapman. They had 10 children and one of them was Woodlief T.
      Shelton (1834-1902) . All of these lived and died in Jackson County AL.
      Thanks, Ruth Huffine rhuffine@...

        Message 3 of 15 , Nov 27, 2000

          Any Moore’s in the 1870 group?

          Message 4 of 15 , Nov 27, 2000
            My family was in Scottsboro and surrounding area before they came to East
            Texas and Southwest Arkansas. From anywhere from 1870 until about 1903.
            Naturally a lot of the family stayed around Scottsboro.
            These family names were Teftellers, Marion Howell Family, Samuel George
            Clemens and family, and the Headrick family. Also some of the Byrds, Leadys ,
            Mills, and Treece family.
            Would love to hear from anyone connected to these familys.

            James Peterson
            Texarkana, Arkansas
          • Jpete75910@aol.com
            Message 5 of 15 , Nov 27, 2000
              I have one more request. If anyone could look in the 1900 Census for the
              Marion Howell Family, there was a Granddaughter living in the house with them.

              I would sure love to know her name

              James Peterson
              Texarkana, Ark.
            • rubyb@edge.net
              Message 6 of 15 , Nov 27, 2000
                Hi James,
                I am interested in how you are connected to the Headrick family. My father
                was John Henry Headrick. He lived in Pisgah, AL for over 60 years after
                marrying my mother, Myrtle Bertine Gray. They had eight children. My
                mother's Gray, Whisenant, and Allen connections go back to before AL was a
                state. My father came from Walker County, GA where he was lived for several
                years. We have quite a lot of information on these families if anyone is
                interested.
                Ruby

                ,

              • daveslittleb@aol.com
                Message 7 of 15 , Nov 28, 2000
                  I would be very interested in that 1900 census lookup also. Looking for any
                  Carver's that would be in Jackson County at that time.
                  Thanks
                  Brenda
                • dkjrmcg@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 15 , Nov 29, 2000
                    Unsubscribe
                  • margie.geo@yahoo.com
                    Message 9 of 15 , May 5, 2001
                      Ruby,
                      I am interested in the Gray family prior to 1820 in Jackson
                      County, AL.

                      Do you have any information on Robert Gray who was born about 1792 in
                      TN. He married Tabitha who was born in AL. They had two children in
                      AL - Sarah A. Gray who was born about 1818 and William C. Gray who
                      was born in Jackosn County in 1820. They moved to TN by 1821.

                      Thanks,
                      Jim Gray

                      --- In jacksongenealogy@y..., rubyb@e... wrote:
                      > Hi James,
                      > I am interested in how you are connected to the Headrick family.
                      My father
                      > was John Henry Headrick. He lived in Pisgah, AL for over 60 years
                      after
                      > marrying my mother, Myrtle Bertine Gray. They had eight children.
                      My
                      > mother's Gray, Whisenant, and Allen connections go back to before
                      AL was a
                      > state. My father came from Walker County, GA where he was lived
                      for several
                      > years. We have quite a lot of information on these families if
                      anyone is
                      > interested.
                      > Ruby

                      Peterson
                      > Texarkana,
                      > Arkansas
                    • Charles McCutchen
                      Message 10 of 15 , May 6, 2001
                        I am also interested in Gray familyies of Jackson and
                        Morgan County. My g-g-g-g-grandfather's second wife
                        (no issue) was Cassandra Gray. They were married in
                        1823 in Morgan County and moved to Jackson County
                        shortly thereafter. She had a brother named John
                        Harrison Gray who lived in Morgan or Jackson County.
                        He may have served in the 1829 Florida Indian Wars. I
                        believe he married a Melinda Campbell.

                        http://auctions.yahoo.com/
                      • rubyb@edge.net
                        Message 11 of 15 , May 8, 2001
                          Hello to all researching the Gray and Headrick/Hedrick Families of Jackson
                          County. We are on the right track here, I am sure. My Grays came to
                          Jackson County prior to the 1829 Florida Indian Wars or during it. In fact,
                          when Isaac Gray, the oldest one I have a record of, came when there was
                          considerable trouble with the Indians. His family came on one of two flat
                          boats. The story I have is that the Indians attacked the lead flatboat and
                          all aboard it were thought to be killed, and most of the ones on the second
                          flatboat were killed. Isaac was able to swim ashore and hid out in the
                          woods-built himself a cabin-and eventually made friends with the Indians.
                          It is probable that several of the Gray's fought in the Indians Wars and it
                          is possible that the land they were able to Homestead was a gift from
                          President Andrew Jackson for their help in that effort.

                          Now for some specific help! My husband has a WebPage:
                          http://edge.net/`jwbrown This is a major work-almost 30,000 names of our
                          combined families. He has all our current information on the Gray's in my
                          lineage back to Isaac Gray. Look for his son, Jefferson, his grandson's
                          James Monroe (my grandfather) and his brother Charlie Gray, my mother,
                          Myrtle Bert tine Gray Headrick, myself, Ruby Headrick Brown, my son, David
                          Brown, and his sons Jeffrey and Kevin. I believe that Isaac Gray had
                          relatives who came very soon after. Isaac homesteaded two square miles of
                          land at Pisgah. There is a Samuel Gray, that I don't know the relation, but
                          believe they were related since he homestead the adjoining tract of land.
                          My mother is still living. She is 90 and in the Scottsboro Cloverdale
                          Nursing Home. She still has a fairly good memory. She remembers that some
                          in her family moved across the river to the Paint Rock, AL area. There is a
                          Gray's Chapel over there in that area. I'm sure they are related. I've
                          heard that the church has a lot of records of the Gray's. I believe the
                          Huntsville Library has access to the church records. I would love to have a
                          copy of those records. Please feel free to access my husband's webpage. He
                          will be very helpful. He also has an email address jwbrown@.... He is
                          helping me catalog all our findings and is most helpful to all who inquire.

                          Thanks for the inquiries. We are always looking for additional information.
                          Let us know if you connect.
                          Ruby H. Brown

                          Message 12 of 15 , May 8, 2001
                            Hello Jim,

                            You have a good name. My grandfather was James Monroe Gray (Jim). I've
                            heard of the Gray connection with those in Tennessee. I don't know how to
                            connect at this time. We just don't have any information prior to 1820. We
                            will keep looking, and keep updating our Gray information. My husband,
                            Johnnie W. Brown, has a good WebPage, http://edge.net/`jwbrown He keeps it
                            fairly up-to-date. Check it out if you like. Start with Isaac Gray and his
                            descendants. There are lots of them. I wish I knew more about his
                            ancestors. I just sent a note to the jacksongenealogy group, you might be
                            interested in.

                            Please keep in touch. We've got to be cousins. I wish I could remember the
                            Gray who fought on the side of the union in the Civil War. I believe he was
                            from Tennessee. I believe he was a General or almost. I believe the
                            Scottsboro Heritage Center has a lot of Civil War History that has something
                            about him. Digging up the past is real interesting but illusive.

                            Please keep in touch.

                            Ruby

                            I am interested in the Gray family prior to 1820 in Jackson
                            County, AL.

                            Do you have any information on Robert Gray who was born about 1792 in
                            TN. He married Tabitha who was born in AL. They had two children in
                            AL - Sarah A. Gray who was born about 1818 and William C. Gray who
                            was born in Jackosn County in 1820. They moved to TN by 1821.

                            Thanks,
                            Jim Gray

                            --- In jacksongenealogy@y..., rubyb@e... wrote:
                            > Hi James,
                            > I am interested in how you are connected to the Headrick family.
                            My father
                            > was John Henry Headrick. He lived in Pisgah, AL for over 60 years
                            after
                            > marrying my mother, Myrtle Bertine Gray. They had eight children.
                            My
                            > mother's Gray, Whisenant, and Allen connections go back to before
                            AL was a
                            > state. My father came from Walker County, GA where he was lived
                            for several
                            > years. We have quite a lot of information on these families if
                            anyone is
                            > interested.
                            > Ruby

                            Peterson
                            > Texarkana,
                            > Arkansas

                          • Charles McCutchen

                                 I am interested in the Gray family prior to 1820 in Jackson
                              County, AL.

                              Do you have any information on Robert Gray who was born about 1792 in
                              TN. He married Tabitha who was born in AL.  They had two children in
                              AL - Sarah A. Gray who was born about 1818 and William C. Gray who
                              was born in Jackosn County in 1820.  They moved to TN by 1821.

                              Thanks,
                                Jim Gray

                              --- In jacksongenealogy@y..., rubyb@e... wrote:
                              > Hi James,
                              > I am interested in how you are connected to the Headrick family.
                              My father
                              > was John Henry Headrick.  He lived in Pisgah, AL for over 60 years
                              after
                              > marrying my mother, Myrtle Bertine Gray.  They had eight children.
                              My
                              > mother's Gray, Whisenant, and Allen connections go back to before
                              AL was a
                              > state.  My father came from Walker County, GA where he was lived
                              for several
                              > years.  We have quite a lot of information on these families if
                              anyone is
                              > interested.
                              > Ruby

                              Peterson
                              >                                                           Texarkana,
                              > Arkansas

                              Do You Yahoo!?
                              Yahoo! Auctions - Click and bid on cool stuff like Dave Matthews Band Tickets & more!

                            • debphillips161
                              Message 14 of 15 , Jun 22, 2005
                                Clay- I know I am new to this board but I will be happy to help with
                                look-ups. I do not want to double up on any one search so what/which
                                would you like for me to do? Debbie
                                Message 15 of 15 , Jun 22, 2005
                                  Debbie

                                  Answer any census and marriage lookups that come
                                  in during the day.

                                  Thanks for the offer to help out during this
                                  difficult time.