Re: [ Re: Surname Williams--finally! for Brenda

  • bbrock1945@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 6, 2006
      Hello again, Gina

      Here are some census records - maybe something will connect to your family.

      (There is one JOHN WILLIAMS who is listed on the 1830 census as living "109
      E of 4". He has children in the age groupings that would fit Thersey/Thersa
      and John, Jr. However, I do not know if this location is in the vicinity of
      the Paint Rock Church, where I assume they lived.)

      1850 Ja. Co. AL.

      Household 441: BLACKWELL, Peter age 30 b. N.C.
      Thersa age 30 b. AL. (1820)
      Norman W. 3
      Lawson H. 2
      Mariah 1

      Household 442 WILLIAMS, John age 27 b. AL. (abt. 1823)
      Olivia age 24

      Household 444 WILLIAMS, Chistena age 57 (abt. 1893) b. KY.
      Bethany 21
      Hesira 16
      Sally 14
      Thomas 12
      Nancy 20

      Household 435 Williams Jesse age 70 b. TN. (abt. 1780)
      Margaret age 60 b. N.C.
      Zekiel 23
      Blackwell Jesse G. 30
      Mariah 28 b. AL.

      In other areas of Ja. Co. AL. there was a

      John Williams
      W. Williams
      C. Williams
      G.W. Williams