Re: Donations of Family Files

  • Clay Gullatt
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 3 7:29 AM
      Julie

      I would donate it with the priviso that it must remain together as
      donated or returned to the donar. If the library wants to make a copy
      and put the copies into family files that would be ok.

      By the way I did some research on Joseph W.(Wesley)Sanders/Saunders m.
      Mary M. Hall 28 Apr 1861 plus Culver and Shelton for someone at the
      jackson-co the other Jackson Co. Yahoo genealogy group.

      If anyone would like to join that group click the following.

      jackson-co-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      Clay

      --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, Kybartai@... wrote:

      > Hi Pat,
      >
      > I think you already have my books at Nichols Library. Yes I am in
      Etowah
      > county. I am working on the Bean family of Jackson county. The
      line also
      > includes the names of Grider, Saunders, Matthews, Carroll, Lawson,
      Wallers, Farris,
      > and Starkey.
      >
      > Speaking of Nichols Library. I have some comb bound family
      research. Do you
      > know if I donate it to the library, will be kept in its binding?
      Someone told
      > me it would be separated and put in the extensive family files. But,
      I want

    • zrcb@aol.com
      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 3 11:33 AM
        Julie
        I just read your email and I noticed one of the families that you do
        research on is Waller.
        My name is Charles Boyd and my Ggrandmother was named Mary Waller she was
        married to Robert Boyd my Ggrandfather. Her parents were Abner Waller Jr and
        Emily Parker.
        Do you have those names in your research.
        My email address is Zrcb@...

      • Kybartai@aol.com
        Message 3 of 14 , Aug 3 2:19 PM
          Thanks for the suggestion about keeping the files together. I don't know
          just where my Saunders fit yet. Martha Alice Saunders, daughter of Geroge and
          Phebe Saunders.

        • Joe&Janelle Burt
          Message 4 of 14 , Aug 3 5:19 PM
            I have a James Erin Waller bn in 1922 in Jackson Co., md Lucille Smith.
            JaNelle

            zrcb@... wrote:

            > Julie
            > I just read your email and I noticed one of the families that you do
            > research on is Waller.
            > My name is Charles Boyd and my Ggrandmother was named Mary Waller she was
            > married to Robert Boyd my Ggrandfather. Her parents were Abner Waller
            > Jr and
            > Emily Parker.
            > Do you have those names in your research.
            > My email address is Zrcb@... <mailto:Zrcb%40aol.com>

          • Sgirl0629
            Message 5 of 14 , Aug 5 7:06 PM
              Hi. I am connected to those Saunders/Sanders. I started another group for our family branches at:

              There is a couple of good links on that group you can go to for info. (See the Links section of that group for Jennifer's tree and the Sanders link). These will contain the Saunders/Sanders you mention below.

              I can also give you some contact information for a couple of Sanders researchers if you would like to email me directly at sgirl0629@... for their info.

              Thanks,
              Jennifer

              Message 6 of 14 , Aug 5 8:22 PM
                I am a member of the North East Alabama Genealogical Society of Nichols
                Library. When I noticed your message the other day I felt like I knew the answer to
                your question but I wanted to check it out with some of the officers to make
                sure. This is what I was told.

                Your material would be treated as a family book and would certainly be kept
                together. We might (with your permission of course) make a copy of some of the
                family information and put that in the family files. Since we don't take the
                family books to the swap meet held each year, putting the information in the
                files would allow those attending the swap meet to see it and perhaps make a
                connection.

                Pat

              • Kybartai@aol.com
                Message 7 of 14 , Aug 10 2:26 PM
                  Hi Pat,

                  Thanks for the information. I'll see about getting the information together.
                  I don't mind it all being copied and put in the family files. I just want
                  the book to be kept together. Thanks for checking on this for me.

                  Julie