Re: [jacksongenealogy] Obituary for Mattie Phillips

  • Kybartai@aol.com
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 3 5:53 AM
      Hi Pat,

      I think you already have my books at Nichols Library. Yes I am in Etowah
      county. I am working on the Bean family of Jackson county. The line also
      includes the names of Grider, Saunders, Matthews, Carroll, Lawson, Wallers, Farris,
      and Starkey.

      Speaking of Nichols Library. I have some comb bound family research. Do you
      know if I donate it to the library, will be kept in its binding? Someone told
      me it would be separated and put in the extensive family files. But, I want
      the information to be kept together. Any suggestions?

      Julie

    • Clay Gullatt
      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 3 7:29 AM
        Julie

        I would donate it with the priviso that it must remain together as
        donated or returned to the donar. If the library wants to make a copy
        and put the copies into family files that would be ok.

        By the way I did some research on Joseph W.(Wesley)Sanders/Saunders m.
        Mary M. Hall 28 Apr 1861 plus Culver and Shelton for someone at the
        jackson-co the other Jackson Co. Yahoo genealogy group.

        If anyone would like to join that group click the following.

        jackson-co-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

        Clay

      • zrcb@aol.com
        Message 3 of 14 , Aug 3 11:33 AM
          Julie
          I just read your email and I noticed one of the families that you do
          research on is Waller.
          My name is Charles Boyd and my Ggrandmother was named Mary Waller she was
          married to Robert Boyd my Ggrandfather. Her parents were Abner Waller Jr and
          Emily Parker.
          Do you have those names in your research.
          My email address is Zrcb@...

        • Kybartai@aol.com
          Message 4 of 14 , Aug 3 2:19 PM
            Thanks for the suggestion about keeping the files together. I don't know
            just where my Saunders fit yet. Martha Alice Saunders, daughter of Geroge and
            Phebe Saunders.

          • Joe&Janelle Burt
            Message 5 of 14 , Aug 3 5:19 PM
              I have a James Erin Waller bn in 1922 in Jackson Co., md Lucille Smith.
              JaNelle

              zrcb@... wrote:

              > Julie
              > I just read your email and I noticed one of the families that you do
              > research on is Waller.
              > My name is Charles Boyd and my Ggrandmother was named Mary Waller she was
              > married to Robert Boyd my Ggrandfather. Her parents were Abner Waller
              > Jr and
              > Emily Parker.
              > Do you have those names in your research.
              > My email address is Zrcb@... <mailto:Zrcb%40aol.com>

            • Sgirl0629
              Message 6 of 14 , Aug 5 7:06 PM
                Hi. I am connected to those Saunders/Sanders. I started another group for our family branches at:

                There is a couple of good links on that group you can go to for info. (See the Links section of that group for Jennifer's tree and the Sanders link). These will contain the Saunders/Sanders you mention below.

                I can also give you some contact information for a couple of Sanders researchers if you would like to email me directly at sgirl0629@... for their info.

                Thanks,
                Jennifer

                Message 7 of 14 , Aug 5 8:22 PM
                  I am a member of the North East Alabama Genealogical Society of Nichols
                  Library. When I noticed your message the other day I felt like I knew the answer to
                  your question but I wanted to check it out with some of the officers to make
                  sure. This is what I was told.

                  Your material would be treated as a family book and would certainly be kept
                  together. We might (with your permission of course) make a copy of some of the
                  family information and put that in the family files. Since we don't take the
                  family books to the swap meet held each year, putting the information in the
                  files would allow those attending the swap meet to see it and perhaps make a
                  connection.

                  Pat

                • Kybartai@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 14 , Aug 10 2:26 PM
                    Hi Pat,

                    Thanks for the information. I'll see about getting the information together.
                    I don't mind it all being copied and put in the family files. I just want
                    the book to be kept together. Thanks for checking on this for me.

                    Julie