"The Heritage of Jackson County Vol 36" Roberts/Robertson/Robinson/Rogers/Romans

  • Jennifer Robertson Goodman Murray
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 2, 2006
      Hi, all,
      I went to the library today and copied some pages that I thought might
      be of use in my Robertson family research; however it seems they do not
      connect to my Robertson's that I have recorded thus far. I thought
      someone might be interested in them, so I have scanned the pages and
      added them to the Files section of this group.

      They are from "The Heritage of Jackson County Alabama Vol 36" and
      include surnames: ROBERTS ROBERTSON ROBINSON ROGERS and ROMANS

      There were a couple of photos on the pages that did not come though
      from scanning my copies and are actually very dark on the copies I
      made. Hope they can be of use to someone. Main Robertson name: Dr.
      James Oakely ROBERTSON

      Thanks,
      Jennifer
    • Dianne
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 3, 2006
        Jennifer,

        Just want to thank you for scanning and posting the information you
        found at the library. William Romans on page 289, was a brother to my
        grgr-grandmother, Sarah Ann Romans, born Mar. 21, 1844, in Jackson
        Co., Alabama to Peter and Elizabeth "Betsey" Ann Sublett Romans. If
        anyone is researching this Romans family, William's first wife was,
        Huldah Ralston. I did not know the name of his second wife, Mary Ann
        Pendergrass, until I read the short bio from the book.

        Thanks again,
        Dianne

        Researching in Alabama: Talley, Southerland, Galloway, Patterson,
        Romans, Sublett, Beam, Cabaniss, Welborn/ Wilborn, Riddle, Robinson,
        Ball, Lewis.

        --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, "Jennifer Robertson Goodman
        Murray" <Sgirl0629@...> wrote:

        > Hi, all,
        > I went to the library today and copied some pages that I thought might
        > be of use in my Robertson family research; however it seems they do not
        > connect to my Robertson's that I have recorded thus far. I thought
        > someone might be interested in them, so I have scanned the pages and
        > added them to the Files section of this group.
        >
        > They are from "The Heritage of Jackson County Alabama Vol 36" and
        > include surnames: ROBERTS ROBERTSON ROBINSON ROGERS and ROMANS
        >
        > There were a couple of photos on the pages that did not come though
        > from scanning my copies and are actually very dark on the copies I
        > made. Hope they can be of use to someone. Main Robertson name: Dr.
        > James Oakely ROBERTSON
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Jennifer

      • Sgirl0629
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 3, 2006
          Hi, Diane,
          You are very welcome. I was sure there was some info on those pages that would interest someone. I have more info I am going to post this weekend from a couple of other sources. I know I definately appreciate it when others share their info on my family. :-)