Re: [jacksongenealogy] Death Certificates

    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 2, 2006
      Alabama death certificates more than 25 years old may be ordered by anyone.

      The best deal going is Susette Cook's offer for $3.00. She will even look up the certificate number for you.

      Myself or someone else in the group will do lookups on request.

      Ancestry.com is available at the LDS Family History Centers if you want to do your own lookups.

      Susette Cook's website has a link to look up a Family History Center that nearest to you.

    • Kybartai@aol.com
      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 3, 2006
        Hi Pat,

        I think you already have my books at Nichols Library. Yes I am in Etowah
        county. I am working on the Bean family of Jackson county. The line also
        includes the names of Grider, Saunders, Matthews, Carroll, Lawson, Wallers, Farris,
        and Starkey.

        Speaking of Nichols Library. I have some comb bound family research. Do you
        know if I donate it to the library, will be kept in its binding? Someone told
        me it would be separated and put in the extensive family files. But, I want
        the information to be kept together. Any suggestions?

        Julie

      • Clay Gullatt
        Message 3 of 14 , Aug 3, 2006
          Julie

          I would donate it with the priviso that it must remain together as
          donated or returned to the donar. If the library wants to make a copy
          and put the copies into family files that would be ok.

          By the way I did some research on Joseph W.(Wesley)Sanders/Saunders m.
          Mary M. Hall 28 Apr 1861 plus Culver and Shelton for someone at the
          jackson-co the other Jackson Co. Yahoo genealogy group.

          If anyone would like to join that group click the following.

          jackson-co-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

          Clay

        • zrcb@aol.com
          Message 4 of 14 , Aug 3, 2006
            Julie
            I just read your email and I noticed one of the families that you do
            research on is Waller.
            My name is Charles Boyd and my Ggrandmother was named Mary Waller she was
            married to Robert Boyd my Ggrandfather. Her parents were Abner Waller Jr and
            Emily Parker.
            Do you have those names in your research.
            My email address is Zrcb@...

          • Kybartai@aol.com
            Message 5 of 14 , Aug 3, 2006
              Thanks for the suggestion about keeping the files together. I don't know
              just where my Saunders fit yet. Martha Alice Saunders, daughter of Geroge and
              Phebe Saunders.

            • Joe&Janelle Burt
              Message 6 of 14 , Aug 3, 2006
                I have a James Erin Waller bn in 1922 in Jackson Co., md Lucille Smith.
                JaNelle

                zrcb@... wrote:

                > Julie
                > I just read your email and I noticed one of the families that you do
                > research on is Waller.
                > My name is Charles Boyd and my Ggrandmother was named Mary Waller she was
                > married to Robert Boyd my Ggrandfather. Her parents were Abner Waller
                > Jr and
                > Emily Parker.
                > Do you have those names in your research.
                > My email address is Zrcb@... <mailto:Zrcb%40aol.com>

              • Sgirl0629
                Message 7 of 14 , Aug 5, 2006
                  Hi. I am connected to those Saunders/Sanders. I started another group for our family branches at:

                  There is a couple of good links on that group you can go to for info. (See the Links section of that group for Jennifer's tree and the Sanders link). These will contain the Saunders/Sanders you mention below.

                  I can also give you some contact information for a couple of Sanders researchers if you would like to email me directly at sgirl0629@... for their info.

                  Thanks,
                  Jennifer

                  Message 8 of 14 , Aug 5, 2006
                    I am a member of the North East Alabama Genealogical Society of Nichols
                    Library. When I noticed your message the other day I felt like I knew the answer to
                    your question but I wanted to check it out with some of the officers to make
                    sure. This is what I was told.

                    Your material would be treated as a family book and would certainly be kept
                    together. We might (with your permission of course) make a copy of some of the
                    family information and put that in the family files. Since we don't take the
                    family books to the swap meet held each year, putting the information in the
                    files would allow those attending the swap meet to see it and perhaps make a
                    connection.

                    Pat

                  • Kybartai@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 14 , Aug 10, 2006
                      Hi Pat,

                      Thanks for the information. I'll see about getting the information together.
                      I don't mind it all being copied and put in the family files. I just want
                      the book to be kept together. Thanks for checking on this for me.

                      Julie