Re: [jacksongenealogy] Death Certificates

    Message 1 of 18 , Aug 1, 2006
      The death certificates are on micofilm and are at the county health department. So you can go to any county health department in AL to get death certificates for any place in the state. I doubt that they are at the courthouse. The originals of course would be at the state level. What you get is either an uncertified copy or a certified copy from the micofilm.

    • rgpipes@hughes.net
      Message 2 of 18 , Aug 1, 2006
        I was in Nashville this past weekend and picked up some death certificates
        from the Tennessee State library and Archives starting at 1908 through 1924.
        I got the ones I copied for 25 cents. I just didn't know if they were some
        where like that in Jackson County.

        Thanks Clay.
        Regina

        _____

      • joy0420@charter.net
        Message 3 of 18 , Aug 2, 2006
          Clay,
          Are these death certs available to anyone? And from 1908 on, correct? If I was going to get certs for say my hubby's gg gparents, would that be an issue me not being family per se?

          Thanks. JOY