RE: [jacksongenealogy] Death Certificates

  • rgpipes@hughes.net
    Message 1 of 15 , Aug 1, 2006
      I thought someone knew of a place in Scottsboro where you could look them up
      and make copies while you were there. I knew I could order them BUT thought
      if I could do the work myself I knew it would be much cheaper.
      Thanks for the information.
      Regina

      _____

      Message 2 of 15 , Aug 1, 2006

        You can get copies of Alabama death certificates at any county health department. If you don't live in Alabama your best bet is Susette Cook's website.

      • Donna McDaniel
        Message 3 of 15 , Aug 1, 2006
          You can go to Wallace State in Hanceville and make
          copies if you have the death certificate number.

          Thanks!
          Donna

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • rgpipes@hughes.net
          Message 4 of 15 , Aug 1, 2006
            Any idea where I could look up the death certificate numbers?
            Thanks
            Regina

            _____

            You can go to Wallace State in Hanceville and make
            copies if you have the death certificate number.

            Thanks!
            Donna

            --- rgpipes@hughes. <mailto:rgpipes%40hughes.net> net wrote:

            > I thought someone knew of a place in Scottsboro
            > where you could look them up
            > and make copies while you were there. I knew I
            > could order them BUT thought
            > if I could do the work myself I knew it would be
            > much cheaper.
            > Thanks for the information.
            > Regina
            >
            > _____
            >
            > From: jacksongenealogy@ <mailto:jacksongenealogy%40yahoogroups.com>
            yahoogroups.com

          • cali_tj
            Message 5 of 15 , Aug 2, 2006
              Just wanted everyone to know that I have used Susette Cook in the
              past and I would recommend her. She is very prompt and the copies
              she sends are pretty clear. Considering the cost of ordering the
              film from your local Family History Center, taking the time to look
              it up and not to mention what kind of copies the machines make, then
              she is a real bargain.

              Terry

              --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, clay gullatt
              <blackcloud27030@...> wrote:

              > Susette Cook has about the best deal going, she will send you an
              uncertified copy of AL death certificates for $3.00. If you order a
              certified copy from the state it is $12.00.