Re: [jacksongenealogy] Benjamin F. and Mattie B. (SMITH) PHILLIPS

    Message 1 of 15 , Aug 1 2:19 PM
      Pat

      1930 Dist 49 (Alabama City) Etowah Co. AL
      B.F. Phillips Head 69 mar @25 GA GA GA None
      Mattie B. Wife 59 mar @19 KY TN TN
      Joe Son 21 Single AL GA KY Machinest Steel Mill
      Mildred Dau 15 Single AL GA KY
      Mary Stallings GrandDau 5 AL AL AL

      1920 Dist 95 (Pct 29) Etowah Co. AL
      Benjamin F. Phillips 58 GA GA GA None
      Mattie B. Wife 48 KY TN TN
      Allions?? Dau 22 AL GA KY Spinner Cotton Mill (Allious?)
      Horton Son 20 Louper Cotton Mill
      Roxie Dau 18 Spinner Cotton Mill
      Ethel Dau 15 Spinner Cotton Mill
      Joe Son 11
      Mildred Dau 5
      Atlis Strum Son in Law 22 TN TN TN Forman Cotton Mill
      Elen Dau 19 AL GA KY Spinner Cotton Mill

      1910 Alabama Ward 1, Etowah Co. AL
      Ben F. Philips Head 48 mar.22yrs TN TN TN Carpenter House
      Mattie B. Wife 40 mar.22yrs 11Child/10Living KY TN TN
      Clarence W. Son 21 AL AL KY Spinner Cotton Mill
      Annie M. 18 Dau AL TN KY Spinner Cotton Mill
      Buisa?? O. 16 Dau AL TN KY Spinner Cotton Mill (Ruisa??)
      Bennie A. 16?? Dau AL TN KY Spinner Cotton Mill
      Mary A. 13 Dau AL TN KY Spinner Cotton Mill
      Hoston 11 Son AL TN KY (Horton
      Lucy E. 9 Dau
      Anthoney?? B. 7 Dau (Roxey)
      Ethel J. 5 Dau
      Joe L. Son 1yr 4months

      Benjamin F. Phillips d. Apr 1933 Etowah Co. AL Vol15 Cert.07025 Roll 3

      Mattie B. Phillips d. 30 Oct 1952 Etowah Co. AL Vol 41 Cert. 20228 Roll 6

      Message 2 of 15 , Aug 1 3:10 PM
        Susette Cook has about the best deal going, she will send you an uncertified copy of AL death certificates for $3.00. If you order a certified copy from the state it is $12.00.

        Her website is:

        http://alabamadeath.tripod.com/

        You might want to scan through her website she offers a lot of great info and links.

      • rgpipes@hughes.net
        Message 3 of 15 , Aug 1 4:26 PM
          I thought someone knew of a place in Scottsboro where you could look them up
          and make copies while you were there. I knew I could order them BUT thought
          if I could do the work myself I knew it would be much cheaper.
          Thanks for the information.
          Regina

          _____

          Message 4 of 15 , Aug 1 5:15 PM

            You can get copies of Alabama death certificates at any county health department. If you don't live in Alabama your best bet is Susette Cook's website.

          • Donna McDaniel
            Message 5 of 15 , Aug 1 7:21 PM
              You can go to Wallace State in Hanceville and make
              copies if you have the death certificate number.

              Thanks!
              Donna

              http://mail.yahoo.com
            • rgpipes@hughes.net
              Message 6 of 15 , Aug 1 9:18 PM
                Any idea where I could look up the death certificate numbers?
                Thanks
                Regina

                _____

                You can go to Wallace State in Hanceville and make
                copies if you have the death certificate number.

                Thanks!
                Donna

                --- rgpipes@hughes. <mailto:rgpipes%40hughes.net> net wrote:

                > I thought someone knew of a place in Scottsboro
                > where you could look them up
                > and make copies while you were there. I knew I
                > could order them BUT thought
                > if I could do the work myself I knew it would be
                > much cheaper.
                > Thanks for the information.
                > Regina
                >
                > _____
                >
                > From: jacksongenealogy@ <mailto:jacksongenealogy%40yahoogroups.com>
                yahoogroups.com

              • cali_tj
                Message 7 of 15 , Aug 2 12:41 PM
                  Just wanted everyone to know that I have used Susette Cook in the
                  past and I would recommend her. She is very prompt and the copies
                  she sends are pretty clear. Considering the cost of ordering the
                  film from your local Family History Center, taking the time to look
                  it up and not to mention what kind of copies the machines make, then
                  she is a real bargain.

                  Terry

                  --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, clay gullatt