Re: [jacksongenealogy] James Litten SMITH and Thomas Brittan SMITH and MORE

    Message 1 of 15 , Aug 1, 2006
      Pat

      Does this help?

      1880 Dist 98 (Township 1 Range 7, Beat 7) Jackson Co. AL
      House 41 Family 42
      William Smith 39 Self Laborer TN NC NC
      Mary 36 Wife Keeping House TN Unknown TN
      Eliza A. 14 Dau TN TN TN
      Martha B. 11 Dau At Home KY TN TN
      John W.B. 6 Son At Home Ky TN TN
      James L. Son 4 At Home TN TN TN
      Thomas B. 4 At Home TN TN TN

      1900 Dist 21 Bolivar, Jackson Co. AL
      House 121 Family 127
      Mary. Smith Head May 1844 56 Wd 6Child/4Living TN TN TN Farmer
      William D. Son May 1874 Single KY TN TN Farm Lab
      Thomas Son May 1877 23 TN TN TN Farm Lab

      House 105 Family 111
      Louvina Mathis Oct 1848 51 Wd 6Child/4Living AL AL NC Farmer
      Martha M. Dau Aug 1893 AL AL AL
      Spiller Bullard Grandson Oct 1897 AL AL AL
      James Smith Servant May 1879 21 TN TN TN Farm Lab

      1910 Dist 22 Bolivar (Dorans Cove Rd) Jackson Co. AL
      House 116 Family 119
      W.B. Smith Head 35 mar.once 10yrs KY TN TN Salesman Gen.Store
      Jennie Wife 29 mar.once 10yrs 0/0Child TN TN TN

      House 118 Family 121
      T.B. Smith Head 32 mar.once 2yrs TN TN TN Farmer
      Maud Wife 32 mar.once 2yrs AL AL AL
      Thelma Dau 10months AL TN AL

      House 133 Family 136
      James Smith Head 35 mar.once 10yrs KY TN TN Farmer
      Louvenia Wife 50 mar.twice 10yrs 6Child/4/Living AL AL AL
      Claud Haymond Grandson 2 AL AL AL

      1920 Dist 22 Bridgeport Jackson Co. AL
      House 40 Family 44
      William Smith Head 50 KY TN TN Famer
      Jenny Wife 38 TN TN TN

      House 41 Family 45
      Tom Smith Head 46 USA USA USA Farmer
      Maud Wife 23 AL USA USA
      Thelma Dau 10 AL USA AL
      Herbert Son 8 AL USA AL
      Frazville Son 4yrs 6months AL USA AL
      Opal Dau 1yr 3months AL USA AL

      House 52 Fmily 57
      James Smith Head 48 TN TN TN Farmer
      Louvina 53 AL AL AL
      Roy Son AL TN AL

      WW1 Draft Reg Cards Jackson Co. AL

      1930 Dist2 (Dorans Cove Rd) Jackson Co AL
      House 101 Family 101
      Thomas B. Smith head 54 Mar. age @1stmar.21 KY KY KY Lab. Rock Quarry
      Letha M. Wife 35 Mar.age@1stmar.15 AL AL AL
      Vera T. Dau 27?? Single AL AL AL (If this is Thelma age should be 20)
      Edward H. Son 18
      Favil H. Son 14
      Opal O. Dau 11

      James Litten Smith
      RFD 1 Bridgeport AL
      age 45? 1 June 187X
      Next of Kin Lovinia Catherine Smith

      Thomas Brittan Smith
      RFD 1 Bridgeport AL
      age 45? 1 June 1873
      Next of Kin Maud Smith

      Images of the Draft Cards if you want them.

      Message 2 of 15 , Aug 1, 2006
        Pat

        1930 Dist 49 (Alabama City) Etowah Co. AL
        B.F. Phillips Head 69 mar @25 GA GA GA None
        Mattie B. Wife 59 mar @19 KY TN TN
        Joe Son 21 Single AL GA KY Machinest Steel Mill
        Mildred Dau 15 Single AL GA KY
        Mary Stallings GrandDau 5 AL AL AL

        1920 Dist 95 (Pct 29) Etowah Co. AL
        Benjamin F. Phillips 58 GA GA GA None
        Mattie B. Wife 48 KY TN TN
        Allions?? Dau 22 AL GA KY Spinner Cotton Mill (Allious?)
        Horton Son 20 Louper Cotton Mill
        Roxie Dau 18 Spinner Cotton Mill
        Ethel Dau 15 Spinner Cotton Mill
        Joe Son 11
        Mildred Dau 5
        Atlis Strum Son in Law 22 TN TN TN Forman Cotton Mill
        Elen Dau 19 AL GA KY Spinner Cotton Mill

        1910 Alabama Ward 1, Etowah Co. AL
        Ben F. Philips Head 48 mar.22yrs TN TN TN Carpenter House
        Mattie B. Wife 40 mar.22yrs 11Child/10Living KY TN TN
        Clarence W. Son 21 AL AL KY Spinner Cotton Mill
        Annie M. 18 Dau AL TN KY Spinner Cotton Mill
        Buisa?? O. 16 Dau AL TN KY Spinner Cotton Mill (Ruisa??)
        Bennie A. 16?? Dau AL TN KY Spinner Cotton Mill
        Mary A. 13 Dau AL TN KY Spinner Cotton Mill
        Hoston 11 Son AL TN KY (Horton
        Lucy E. 9 Dau
        Anthoney?? B. 7 Dau (Roxey)
        Ethel J. 5 Dau
        Joe L. Son 1yr 4months

        Benjamin F. Phillips d. Apr 1933 Etowah Co. AL Vol15 Cert.07025 Roll 3

        Mattie B. Phillips d. 30 Oct 1952 Etowah Co. AL Vol 41 Cert. 20228 Roll 6

        Message 3 of 15 , Aug 1, 2006
          Susette Cook has about the best deal going, she will send you an uncertified copy of AL death certificates for $3.00. If you order a certified copy from the state it is $12.00.

          Her website is:

          http://alabamadeath.tripod.com/

          You might want to scan through her website she offers a lot of great info and links.

        • rgpipes@hughes.net
          Message 4 of 15 , Aug 1, 2006
            I thought someone knew of a place in Scottsboro where you could look them up
            and make copies while you were there. I knew I could order them BUT thought
            if I could do the work myself I knew it would be much cheaper.
            Thanks for the information.
            Regina

            _____

            Message 5 of 15 , Aug 1, 2006
              Regina

              You can get copies of Alabama death certificates at any county health department. If you don't live in Alabama your best bet is Susette Cook's website.

            • Donna McDaniel
              Message 6 of 15 , Aug 1, 2006
                You can go to Wallace State in Hanceville and make
                copies if you have the death certificate number.

                Thanks!
                Donna

                http://mail.yahoo.com
              • rgpipes@hughes.net
                Message 7 of 15 , Aug 1, 2006
                  Any idea where I could look up the death certificate numbers?
                  Thanks
                  Regina

                  _____

                  You can go to Wallace State in Hanceville and make
                  copies if you have the death certificate number.

                  Thanks!
                  Donna

                  --- rgpipes@hughes. <mailto:rgpipes%40hughes.net> net wrote:

                  > I thought someone knew of a place in Scottsboro
                  > where you could look them up
                  > and make copies while you were there. I knew I
                  > could order them BUT thought
                  > if I could do the work myself I knew it would be
                  > much cheaper.
                  > Thanks for the information.
                  > Regina
                  >
                  > _____
                  >
                  > From: jacksongenealogy@ <mailto:jacksongenealogy%40yahoogroups.com>
                  yahoogroups.com

                • cali_tj
                  Message 8 of 15 , Aug 2, 2006
                    Just wanted everyone to know that I have used Susette Cook in the
                    past and I would recommend her. She is very prompt and the copies
                    she sends are pretty clear. Considering the cost of ordering the
                    film from your local Family History Center, taking the time to look
                    it up and not to mention what kind of copies the machines make, then
                    she is a real bargain.

                    Terry

                    --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, clay gullatt