RE: [jacksongenealogy] Smith reunion

  • joy0420@charter.net
    Message 1 of 15 , Aug 1, 2006
      Pat,
      You don't have a Phillips who married DT Crownover, do you? Was just curious, as my husband's uncle (by marriage) was a Crownover with a Phillips g'mo I think. They are also buried at Mt Carmel in Bridgeport.
      Seems these families all lived and intermarried with one another, didn't they? haha. JOY

      Message 2 of 15 , Aug 1, 2006
        Pat

        Does this help?

        1880 Dist 98 (Township 1 Range 7, Beat 7) Jackson Co. AL
        House 41 Family 42
        William Smith 39 Self Laborer TN NC NC
        Mary 36 Wife Keeping House TN Unknown TN
        Eliza A. 14 Dau TN TN TN
        Martha B. 11 Dau At Home KY TN TN
        John W.B. 6 Son At Home Ky TN TN
        James L. Son 4 At Home TN TN TN
        Thomas B. 4 At Home TN TN TN

        1900 Dist 21 Bolivar, Jackson Co. AL
        House 121 Family 127
        Mary. Smith Head May 1844 56 Wd 6Child/4Living TN TN TN Farmer
        William D. Son May 1874 Single KY TN TN Farm Lab
        Thomas Son May 1877 23 TN TN TN Farm Lab

        House 105 Family 111
        Louvina Mathis Oct 1848 51 Wd 6Child/4Living AL AL NC Farmer
        Martha M. Dau Aug 1893 AL AL AL
        Spiller Bullard Grandson Oct 1897 AL AL AL
        James Smith Servant May 1879 21 TN TN TN Farm Lab

        1910 Dist 22 Bolivar (Dorans Cove Rd) Jackson Co. AL
        House 116 Family 119
        W.B. Smith Head 35 mar.once 10yrs KY TN TN Salesman Gen.Store
        Jennie Wife 29 mar.once 10yrs 0/0Child TN TN TN

        House 118 Family 121
        T.B. Smith Head 32 mar.once 2yrs TN TN TN Farmer
        Maud Wife 32 mar.once 2yrs AL AL AL
        Thelma Dau 10months AL TN AL

        House 133 Family 136
        James Smith Head 35 mar.once 10yrs KY TN TN Farmer
        Louvenia Wife 50 mar.twice 10yrs 6Child/4/Living AL AL AL
        Claud Haymond Grandson 2 AL AL AL

        1920 Dist 22 Bridgeport Jackson Co. AL
        House 40 Family 44
        William Smith Head 50 KY TN TN Famer
        Jenny Wife 38 TN TN TN

        House 41 Family 45
        Tom Smith Head 46 USA USA USA Farmer
        Maud Wife 23 AL USA USA
        Thelma Dau 10 AL USA AL
        Herbert Son 8 AL USA AL
        Frazville Son 4yrs 6months AL USA AL
        Opal Dau 1yr 3months AL USA AL

        House 52 Fmily 57
        James Smith Head 48 TN TN TN Farmer
        Louvina 53 AL AL AL
        Roy Son AL TN AL

        WW1 Draft Reg Cards Jackson Co. AL

        1930 Dist2 (Dorans Cove Rd) Jackson Co AL
        House 101 Family 101
        Thomas B. Smith head 54 Mar. age @1stmar.21 KY KY KY Lab. Rock Quarry
        Letha M. Wife 35 Mar.age@1stmar.15 AL AL AL
        Vera T. Dau 27?? Single AL AL AL (If this is Thelma age should be 20)
        Edward H. Son 18
        Favil H. Son 14
        Opal O. Dau 11

        James Litten Smith
        RFD 1 Bridgeport AL
        age 45? 1 June 187X
        Next of Kin Lovinia Catherine Smith

        Thomas Brittan Smith
        RFD 1 Bridgeport AL
        age 45? 1 June 1873
        Next of Kin Maud Smith

        Images of the Draft Cards if you want them.

        Message 3 of 15 , Aug 1, 2006
          Pat

          1930 Dist 49 (Alabama City) Etowah Co. AL
          B.F. Phillips Head 69 mar @25 GA GA GA None
          Mattie B. Wife 59 mar @19 KY TN TN
          Joe Son 21 Single AL GA KY Machinest Steel Mill
          Mildred Dau 15 Single AL GA KY
          Mary Stallings GrandDau 5 AL AL AL

          1920 Dist 95 (Pct 29) Etowah Co. AL
          Benjamin F. Phillips 58 GA GA GA None
          Mattie B. Wife 48 KY TN TN
          Allions?? Dau 22 AL GA KY Spinner Cotton Mill (Allious?)
          Horton Son 20 Louper Cotton Mill
          Roxie Dau 18 Spinner Cotton Mill
          Ethel Dau 15 Spinner Cotton Mill
          Joe Son 11
          Mildred Dau 5
          Atlis Strum Son in Law 22 TN TN TN Forman Cotton Mill
          Elen Dau 19 AL GA KY Spinner Cotton Mill

          1910 Alabama Ward 1, Etowah Co. AL
          Ben F. Philips Head 48 mar.22yrs TN TN TN Carpenter House
          Mattie B. Wife 40 mar.22yrs 11Child/10Living KY TN TN
          Clarence W. Son 21 AL AL KY Spinner Cotton Mill
          Annie M. 18 Dau AL TN KY Spinner Cotton Mill
          Buisa?? O. 16 Dau AL TN KY Spinner Cotton Mill (Ruisa??)
          Bennie A. 16?? Dau AL TN KY Spinner Cotton Mill
          Mary A. 13 Dau AL TN KY Spinner Cotton Mill
          Hoston 11 Son AL TN KY (Horton
          Lucy E. 9 Dau
          Anthoney?? B. 7 Dau (Roxey)
          Ethel J. 5 Dau
          Joe L. Son 1yr 4months

          Benjamin F. Phillips d. Apr 1933 Etowah Co. AL Vol15 Cert.07025 Roll 3

          Mattie B. Phillips d. 30 Oct 1952 Etowah Co. AL Vol 41 Cert. 20228 Roll 6

          Message 4 of 15 , Aug 1, 2006
            Susette Cook has about the best deal going, she will send you an uncertified copy of AL death certificates for $3.00. If you order a certified copy from the state it is $12.00.

            Her website is:

            http://alabamadeath.tripod.com/

            You might want to scan through her website she offers a lot of great info and links.

          • rgpipes@hughes.net
            Message 5 of 15 , Aug 1, 2006
              I thought someone knew of a place in Scottsboro where you could look them up
              and make copies while you were there. I knew I could order them BUT thought
              if I could do the work myself I knew it would be much cheaper.
              Thanks for the information.
              Regina

              _____

              Message 6 of 15 , Aug 1, 2006

                You can get copies of Alabama death certificates at any county health department. If you don't live in Alabama your best bet is Susette Cook's website.

              • Donna McDaniel
                Message 7 of 15 , Aug 1, 2006
                  You can go to Wallace State in Hanceville and make
                  copies if you have the death certificate number.

                  Thanks!
                  Donna

                  http://mail.yahoo.com
                • rgpipes@hughes.net
                  Message 8 of 15 , Aug 1, 2006
                    Any idea where I could look up the death certificate numbers?
                    Thanks
                    Regina

                    _____

                    You can go to Wallace State in Hanceville and make
                    copies if you have the death certificate number.

                    Thanks!
                    Donna

                    --- rgpipes@hughes. <mailto:rgpipes%40hughes.net> net wrote:

                    > I thought someone knew of a place in Scottsboro
                    > where you could look them up
                    > and make copies while you were there. I knew I
                    > could order them BUT thought
                    > if I could do the work myself I knew it would be
                    > much cheaper.
                    > Thanks for the information.
                    > Regina
                    >
                    > _____
                    >
                    > From: jacksongenealogy@ <mailto:jacksongenealogy%40yahoogroups.com>
                    yahoogroups.com

                  • cali_tj
                    Message 9 of 15 , Aug 2, 2006
                      Just wanted everyone to know that I have used Susette Cook in the
                      past and I would recommend her. She is very prompt and the copies
                      she sends are pretty clear. Considering the cost of ordering the
                      film from your local Family History Center, taking the time to look
                      it up and not to mention what kind of copies the machines make, then
                      she is a real bargain.

                      Terry

                      --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, clay gullatt