RE: [jacksongenealogy] Smith reunion

  • Louise Howard
    Message 1 of 15 , Aug 1, 2006
      Regina ,

      You might want to check this website for info on
      ordering Vital Statistics.

      http://ph.state.al.us/Chs/VitalRecords/Death/DEATH.html

      The Alabama Center for Health Statistics began filing
      death certificates in 1908 for persons who died in
      Alabama.

      How to Obtain a Death Certificate:

      By Mail: Send the above information and the
      appropriate fee to:

      Alabama Vital Records

      P. O. Box 5625
      Montgomery, Al 36103-5625

      In Person in Alabama:

      You may go to any county health department in the
      State of Alabama to obtain a certified copy of an
      Alabama death certificate. Most death certificates can
      be issued while you wait. A map showing locations of
      county health departments where vital records may be
      obtained is available.

      Louise Howard

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • joy0420@charter.net
      Message 2 of 15 , Aug 1, 2006
        Pat,
        You don't have a Phillips who married DT Crownover, do you? Was just curious, as my husband's uncle (by marriage) was a Crownover with a Phillips g'mo I think. They are also buried at Mt Carmel in Bridgeport.
        Seems these families all lived and intermarried with one another, didn't they? haha. JOY

        Message 3 of 15 , Aug 1, 2006
          Pat

          Does this help?

          1880 Dist 98 (Township 1 Range 7, Beat 7) Jackson Co. AL
          House 41 Family 42
          William Smith 39 Self Laborer TN NC NC
          Mary 36 Wife Keeping House TN Unknown TN
          Eliza A. 14 Dau TN TN TN
          Martha B. 11 Dau At Home KY TN TN
          John W.B. 6 Son At Home Ky TN TN
          James L. Son 4 At Home TN TN TN
          Thomas B. 4 At Home TN TN TN

          1900 Dist 21 Bolivar, Jackson Co. AL
          House 121 Family 127
          Mary. Smith Head May 1844 56 Wd 6Child/4Living TN TN TN Farmer
          William D. Son May 1874 Single KY TN TN Farm Lab
          Thomas Son May 1877 23 TN TN TN Farm Lab

          House 105 Family 111
          Louvina Mathis Oct 1848 51 Wd 6Child/4Living AL AL NC Farmer
          Martha M. Dau Aug 1893 AL AL AL
          Spiller Bullard Grandson Oct 1897 AL AL AL
          James Smith Servant May 1879 21 TN TN TN Farm Lab

          1910 Dist 22 Bolivar (Dorans Cove Rd) Jackson Co. AL
          House 116 Family 119
          W.B. Smith Head 35 mar.once 10yrs KY TN TN Salesman Gen.Store
          Jennie Wife 29 mar.once 10yrs 0/0Child TN TN TN

          House 118 Family 121
          T.B. Smith Head 32 mar.once 2yrs TN TN TN Farmer
          Maud Wife 32 mar.once 2yrs AL AL AL
          Thelma Dau 10months AL TN AL

          House 133 Family 136
          James Smith Head 35 mar.once 10yrs KY TN TN Farmer
          Louvenia Wife 50 mar.twice 10yrs 6Child/4/Living AL AL AL
          Claud Haymond Grandson 2 AL AL AL

          1920 Dist 22 Bridgeport Jackson Co. AL
          House 40 Family 44
          William Smith Head 50 KY TN TN Famer
          Jenny Wife 38 TN TN TN

          House 41 Family 45
          Tom Smith Head 46 USA USA USA Farmer
          Maud Wife 23 AL USA USA
          Thelma Dau 10 AL USA AL
          Herbert Son 8 AL USA AL
          Frazville Son 4yrs 6months AL USA AL
          Opal Dau 1yr 3months AL USA AL

          House 52 Fmily 57
          James Smith Head 48 TN TN TN Farmer
          Louvina 53 AL AL AL
          Roy Son AL TN AL

          WW1 Draft Reg Cards Jackson Co. AL

          1930 Dist2 (Dorans Cove Rd) Jackson Co AL
          House 101 Family 101
          Thomas B. Smith head 54 Mar. age @1stmar.21 KY KY KY Lab. Rock Quarry
          Letha M. Wife 35 Mar.age@1stmar.15 AL AL AL
          Vera T. Dau 27?? Single AL AL AL (If this is Thelma age should be 20)
          Edward H. Son 18
          Favil H. Son 14
          Opal O. Dau 11

          James Litten Smith
          RFD 1 Bridgeport AL
          age 45? 1 June 187X
          Next of Kin Lovinia Catherine Smith

          Thomas Brittan Smith
          RFD 1 Bridgeport AL
          age 45? 1 June 1873
          Next of Kin Maud Smith

          Images of the Draft Cards if you want them.

          Message 4 of 15 , Aug 1, 2006
            Pat

            1930 Dist 49 (Alabama City) Etowah Co. AL
            B.F. Phillips Head 69 mar @25 GA GA GA None
            Mattie B. Wife 59 mar @19 KY TN TN
            Joe Son 21 Single AL GA KY Machinest Steel Mill
            Mildred Dau 15 Single AL GA KY
            Mary Stallings GrandDau 5 AL AL AL

            1920 Dist 95 (Pct 29) Etowah Co. AL
            Benjamin F. Phillips 58 GA GA GA None
            Mattie B. Wife 48 KY TN TN
            Allions?? Dau 22 AL GA KY Spinner Cotton Mill (Allious?)
            Horton Son 20 Louper Cotton Mill
            Roxie Dau 18 Spinner Cotton Mill
            Ethel Dau 15 Spinner Cotton Mill
            Joe Son 11
            Mildred Dau 5
            Atlis Strum Son in Law 22 TN TN TN Forman Cotton Mill
            Elen Dau 19 AL GA KY Spinner Cotton Mill

            1910 Alabama Ward 1, Etowah Co. AL
            Ben F. Philips Head 48 mar.22yrs TN TN TN Carpenter House
            Mattie B. Wife 40 mar.22yrs 11Child/10Living KY TN TN
            Clarence W. Son 21 AL AL KY Spinner Cotton Mill
            Annie M. 18 Dau AL TN KY Spinner Cotton Mill
            Buisa?? O. 16 Dau AL TN KY Spinner Cotton Mill (Ruisa??)
            Bennie A. 16?? Dau AL TN KY Spinner Cotton Mill
            Mary A. 13 Dau AL TN KY Spinner Cotton Mill
            Hoston 11 Son AL TN KY (Horton
            Lucy E. 9 Dau
            Anthoney?? B. 7 Dau (Roxey)
            Ethel J. 5 Dau
            Joe L. Son 1yr 4months

            Benjamin F. Phillips d. Apr 1933 Etowah Co. AL Vol15 Cert.07025 Roll 3

            Mattie B. Phillips d. 30 Oct 1952 Etowah Co. AL Vol 41 Cert. 20228 Roll 6

            Message 5 of 15 , Aug 1, 2006
              Susette Cook has about the best deal going, she will send you an uncertified copy of AL death certificates for $3.00. If you order a certified copy from the state it is $12.00.

              Her website is:

              http://alabamadeath.tripod.com/

              You might want to scan through her website she offers a lot of great info and links.

            • rgpipes@hughes.net
              Message 6 of 15 , Aug 1, 2006
                I thought someone knew of a place in Scottsboro where you could look them up
                and make copies while you were there. I knew I could order them BUT thought
                if I could do the work myself I knew it would be much cheaper.
                Thanks for the information.
                Regina

                _____

                http://ph.state. <http://ph.state.al.us/Chs/VitalRecords/Death/DEATH.html>

                Message 7 of 15 , Aug 1, 2006

                  You can get copies of Alabama death certificates at any county health department. If you don't live in Alabama your best bet is Susette Cook's website.

                • Donna McDaniel
                  Message 8 of 15 , Aug 1, 2006
                    You can go to Wallace State in Hanceville and make
                    copies if you have the death certificate number.

                    Thanks!
                    Donna

                    http://mail.yahoo.com
                  • rgpipes@hughes.net
                    Message 9 of 15 , Aug 1, 2006
                      Any idea where I could look up the death certificate numbers?
                      Thanks
                      Regina

                      _____

                      You can go to Wallace State in Hanceville and make
                      copies if you have the death certificate number.

                      Thanks!
                      Donna

                      --- rgpipes@hughes. <mailto:rgpipes%40hughes.net> net wrote:

                      > I thought someone knew of a place in Scottsboro
                      > where you could look them up
                      > and make copies while you were there. I knew I
                      > could order them BUT thought
                      > if I could do the work myself I knew it would be
                      > much cheaper.
                      > Thanks for the information.
                      > Regina
                      >
                      > _____
                      >
                      > From: jacksongenealogy@ <mailto:jacksongenealogy%40yahoogroups.com>
                      yahoogroups.com

                    • cali_tj
                      Message 10 of 15 , Aug 2, 2006
                        Just wanted everyone to know that I have used Susette Cook in the
                        past and I would recommend her. She is very prompt and the copies
                        she sends are pretty clear. Considering the cost of ordering the
                        film from your local Family History Center, taking the time to look
                        it up and not to mention what kind of copies the machines make, then
                        she is a real bargain.

                        Terry

                        --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, clay gullatt