RE: [jacksongenealogy] Re: Riley JORDAN

    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 26 11:05 AM
      Hi Diann

      I have taken a fresh look at Riley Jordan and came up with the following additional info.

      His full name James Riley Jordan. This ties it all together.

      1880 Beat 10 Dist 113 Jackson Co. AL
      House 93 Family 92
      J. R. Jordan 25 Miller AL AL AL
      Jane 18 Wife Keeping House AL AL AL (Selly Jane Williams)
      KittyJ. Jordan 85 Grdmother No Occupation GA VA VA
      Paul 12 Brother Farming AL AL AL

      1880 Dist 105 Stevenson (Township 2 Range 8) Jackson Co. AL
      House 171 Family 174
      Rueben Jordan 52 Farmer AL Ukn GA
      Patsey 38 Wife Keeping House AL AL AL
      Sampson 2 Son AL AL AL
      Anderson 7months b.Nov 1879 Son AL AL AL
      Wm Nevils 10 Stepson AL Ukn AL

      1870 Dist. 3 SubDiv No.1 (Stevenson PO) Jackson Co. AL
      House 153 Family 154
      Reuben Jordan 45 Black Works on Farm AL
      Margaret 37 Mulatto Keeping House AL
      James 15 Black Work on Farm AL
      Amelia 12 Black At School AL
      Paul 2 Mulatto AL
      Wilson 15 Black Work on Farm

      House 154 Family 155
      Silas Driver 66 Black Works on Farm GA
      Annise 48 Black Keeping House GA
      Mary J. 18 Black At Home MS
      Austin 14 Mulatto Works on Farm MS
      Kitty Jordan 61 Mulatto At Home GA

      I do not believe that Margaret is Riley's mother but stepmother.

      Do not know what if any relationship of Kitty Jordan and the Drivers.

      Reuben Jordan m. Patsey Peters 4 Feb 1877 JC AL MOG N. Gonce's OS Page 105
      Amelia Jordan m. George Rutledge 6 Apr 1876 JC AL MOG Ed Jones OS Page 26

      Following is Amelia (Jordan) Rutledge's family. Could not find any of them on the 1900 or 1920.

      1880 Dist 105 (Beat 3 Township 2 Range) Jackson Co. AL
      House 82 Family 82 George Rutledge 24 Farmer TN GA TN
      Amelia 23 Wife Keeping House AL VA AL
      Margaret 3 Dau AL TN AL
      Reuben 9months b. Aug 1879 Son AL TN AL

      1910 Dist 23 (Pct 3) Stevenson Jackson Co. AL
      House 157 Family 161
      George Rutledge Head 58 Wd TN TN TN Farmer Truck Farm
      Harris Son 18 AL TN AL Sevant Private Family
      Homa Son 14 AL TN AL

      1930 Dist 4 (Pct 3 Dixie Hwy) Stevenson Jackson Co. AL
      House 102 Family 103
      Homer Rutledge Head 34 1stmar.@14 AL AL AL Cook Hotel
      Eva Wife 28 1stmar.@18 AL AL AL
      Rettie M. Dau 9 AL AL AL
      George Son 7 AL AL AL

      I will email you the census images if you want.

      There is only one Jordan on the 1860 Slave Schedule in Jackson Co. with 1 ten year old black male and none on the 1850. There are 3 in Marshall Co. and several in Madison Co. Unless they just happen to be named in a will or settlement of estate I do know how we can connect them.