RE: [jacksongenealogy] Digest Number 241

  • Anne Rohr
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 25, 2000
      From: jacksongenealogy@egroups.com [mailto:jacksongenealogy@egroups.com]
      Sent: Saturday, November 25, 2000 6:31 AM
      To: jacksongenealogy@egroups.com
      Subject: [jacksongenealogy] Digest Number 241

      There are 4 messages in this issue.

      Topics in this digest:

      1. Re: RE: Padgett Family from Holly Tree area
      From: "Betty Huggins" <bettyh@...>
      2. Re: RE: Padgett Family from Holly Tree area
      From: "J Casey" <jcasey@...>
      3. grandpa Clem
      From: James C Childress <GRANDPANO@...>
      4. Re: grandpa Clem
      From: "Ann Fenn" <purdy1@...>

      Message: 1
      Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2000 11:54:40 -0600
      From: "Betty Huggins" <bettyh@...>
      Subject: Re: RE: Padgett Family from Holly Tree area

      I have James W. Padgett who married Lydia Morrow in Marshall County in 1883.
      Later they moved to Texas. Is he from this family?

      Betty

      I don't have a James W. Padgett in my line, though I do have a James David
      Padgett, who was a son of David Anderson Padgett and Maggie Horton. He
      married a Vannie Jenkins and also ended up in Texas. He was born about 1884
      in Jackson Co., AL and died 23 July 1953 in San Antonio. I don't think that
      there is a connection. Thanks for the information though, as you never
      know. Anne

      Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2000 12:57:32 -0600
      From: "J Casey" <jcasey@...>

      Hi Betty, do you happen to have "Paint Rovk Valley Pioneers" a cemetery
      book with a lot of other info included in it, by Kittye Vandiver Henshaw,
      Evelyn Smith Rochell and Addie Katherine Stovall Shaver? If not, there's 5
      pages with Padgetts listed, will be glad to see what you don't have listed
      in this book.
      Good luck
      Jewel

      Jewel, do you know where I can get hold of a copy of "Paint Rock
      Valley Pioneers"? I am very interested in the 5 pages that you mention that
      have Padgetts listed. I would imagine that some of them are my ancestors.
      Anne

      Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2000 13:38:04 -0600
      From: James C Childress <GRANDPANO@...>
      Subject: grandpa Clem

      This article was given my aunt by her Mother Edith (Eadie) Hays. It has
      not aged well so I have reprinted it here with the same format. Does
      anyone recognize the name Snowdrop or M. A., the authors of the column? I
      would like to know so we can search for other articles on this part of my
      family from the same newspaper. Clem Childress is my grandfather.
      James Clemons Childress. Thanks !!

      MID
      THE DANCE GIVEN BY James Selcer
      Friday night was enjoyed by