RE: Padgett Family from Holly Tree area

  • Anne Rohr
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 23, 2000

      Hi.  I’m looking for information on any ancestors of William James Bryson Padgett.  I am directly related through his son, David Anderson, but I am looking for information on any of the twelve children that he and Mary Ann McCord had.  I am also interested in any information prior to W.J.B.  Please let me know if you have any information to share.  I am willing to share in return, and have some information back to Rev. John Padgett (father of Nehemiah, father of W.J.B.)  Also have a photo of W.J.B. and Mary Ann McCord.  Looking forward to hearing from anyone with information!  Anne

    • Betty Huggins
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 24, 2000
        I have James W. Padgett who married Lydia Morrow in Marshall County in 1883.  Later they moved to Texas.  Is he from this family?

        Betty

        Hi.  I’m looking for information on any ancestors of William James Bryson Padgett.  I am directly related through his son, David Anderson, but I am looking for information on any of the twelve children that he and Mary Ann McCord had.  I am also interested in any information prior to W.J.B.  Please let me know if you have any information to share.  I am willing to share in return, and have some information back to Rev. John Padgett (father of Nehemiah, father of W.J.B.)  Also have a photo of W.J.B. and Mary Ann McCord.  Looking forward to hearing from anyone with information!  Anne

      • J Casey
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 24, 2000
          Hi Betty, do you happen to have "Paint Rovk Valley Pioneers"  a cemetery book with a lot of other info included in it, by Kittye Vandiver Henshaw, Evelyn Smith Rochell and Addie Katherine Stovall Shaver?  If not, there's  5 pages with Padgetts listed, will be glad to see what you don't have listed in this book.
          Good luck
          Jewel

          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 25, 2000
            Jewel,

            I cannot email you privately...I guess the list is not set up to do that.  No, I don't have the book and would appreciate any help you can give me.

            Thanks,

            Betty Huggins

            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 25, 2000
              Anne, this is what I found in the "Paint Rock Valley Pioneers":

              This very  large hillside cemetery, with many unmarked graves, is located in Township 3 South, Range 4 East, Section 6, left of Alabama Highway 65 between Hollytree and Princeton.  At one time there was a tanyard near, thus the name.

              Black people are said to be buried here but we found no markers for those graves.  The cemetery is very overgrown with a vine covering many of the stones that are on the ground.

              AUSTIN OLD TANYARD CEMETERY

              WJB Padgett
              Born Oct. 2nd, 1817
              Died Oct. 31st, 1898
              81 yrs, 29 da.
              "A loving companion, a father dear lies buried here."

              Mary Ann, Wife of WJB Padgett
              Born Feb. 22, 1824
              Died Aug. 28th, 1895
              Aged 71 ys, 6 mo & 6 ds
              "A loving wife a mother dear lies buried here."

              Sacred to the memory of Elizabeth Padgett, consort of Nehemiah Padget and mother of WJB Padget
              April 5, 1850  64 years (this stone is broken)

              In memory of William N. Padgett
              Born Jan. 12, 1818
              Died Feb. 24th, 1853

              James Posey Padgett
              Born April 18, 1842
              Died April 16, 1862

              "Gone to Rest."
              Sacred to the memory of Fannie Posey Horton
              Consort of J.J. Horton
              Daughter of WJB and M.A Padgett
              Born May 7th 1862 aged 21 years 1 mo and 12 days and her little babe
              Willie Ann
              Both died June 19th 1883
              Babe aged ____24 days.

              Sacred to the memory of Willie Ida Padgett youngest child of WJB and M.A. Padgett
              Born Jan. 22, 1865
              Died March 28th, 1884
              Aged 19 years 2 mo and 6 days
              "Blssed are the dead which die in the Lord for theirs is the Kingdom of Heaven and their works will follow them."

              "Our dear little Brice is gone to rest."
              Sacred to the memory of Henry Brison Padgett son of D.A. and M.L. Padgett
              Born Aug. 23rd, 1877
              Died July 27th, 1883
              Aged 5 years 11 mos and 4 days.

              In meory of David A. Padgett
              Born Aug. 25th, 1854
              Died May 31st, 1887
              Aged 32 years 9 mo and 6 days
              "A precious one from us has gone
              A voice we loved is stilled
              A place is vacant in our home which never can be filled
              God in his wisdom has recalled the boon his love had given and though his body moulders here the soul is safe in heaven."

              Sacred to the memory of Walter Benjamin Padgett son of D.A. and M.L. Padgett
              Born Dec. 23rd, 1881
              Died July 8th, 1883
              Aged 1 year 6 mo and 15 da

              Hope this helps you, there is some more about this family in the book, but will have to get together.
              Jewel

              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 25, 2000
                1870 Jackson County, AL T3  R3
                98-98
                Wm. J. Padget        52    NC
                Mary A.                  46    TN
                Elizabeth J.             30    AL
                Margaret M.           22    AL
                Louisa L.                18    AL
                David A.                16    AL
                Mary A.                 14    AL
                Ella C.                     12    AL
                Fannie                   10    AL
                Willie I.                      5    AL
                Cathy Williamson    12    AL
                Florence McCord    67    AL

                Ella C. Padgett married Paul M. Robertson
                Clay Cemetery
                Paul M. Robertson
                July 25, 1857
                Aug. 10, 1938

                Ella C. (Padgett)
                Oct. 14, 1859
                May 15, 1924

                Florence A. Padgett married Levi Phillips
                Clay Cemetery
                Flora Phillips
                Feb.     6, 1844
                Mar.    13, 1922

                This is all I see.  Hope that helps
                Jewel

                Message 7 of 10 , Nov 26, 2000
                  I wish to thank Jewel Casey for the information she placed on the list about the Padgetts.  That was a lot of works....Thank you, Jewel.

                  Betty Huggins
                • J Casey
                  Message 8 of 10 , Nov 26, 2000
                    You are very welcome.  I'm interested in several families in Jackson County.  ANDERSON--CAMPBELL--CASEY--DAMRON--FANNING--GRAHAM--HAMBRICK--HILL--JOHNSON--VANN--WHITE just to name a few.
                    Jewel D. (Hambrick) Graham Casey

                  • MaryTom482@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 10 , Nov 26, 2000
                      Jewel... that Dameron could not be Cameron (I wish)?????
                    • J Casey
                      Message 10 of 10 , Nov 26, 2000
                        No, it was definately DAMERON/DAMRON.
                        What Cameron's are ypu looking for?