RE: [jacksongenealogy] Re: Pendergraft, Jesse Green (Jesse Green Pendergrass)

  • rgpipes@hughes.net
    Message 1 of 21 , Jul 8, 2006
      I'm not Clay BUT I would bet they are very much related.
      Regina

      _____

      Message 2 of 21 , Jul 8, 2006
        I think this most likely is all the same family. I read that Jesse Green Pendergrass' brother Thomas also moved to Jackson Co. There is a Thomas Pendergrass b.1853 TN listed with wife Kate on the 1900 Jackson Co. Census.

        One of the family trees listed Augustine Pendergrass' father and mother as Mathew and Milly (Green) Pendergrass from NC and that Augustine had a brother named William Green Pendergrass.

        I would try to find wills or land transfers for Augustine Pendergrass, he probably died in Coffe Co. also see if Isabella left a will in Franklin Co where she probably died. This is to see if they named their children in their wills.

        I don't know which TN counties have burned courthouses a great deal would depend on that. Researching marriages in TN is difficult because though some are indexed on ancestry most are at the county level and some counties have no index on line. There are few wills anyplace on line for most states.

      • Donna McDaniel
        Message 3 of 21 , Jul 8, 2006
          I have a William H Pendergrass, son of Willis
          Pendergrass in my family. William H was born abt
          1848. His father, Willis had a brother named Henry,
          so William could also have been called Henry. I do
          not have proof of it....Let me know if you would like
          more of my info.

          Donna

          --- kegoad <kegoad@...> wrote:

          > could be a relative but so far we are unable to tie
          > Jesse to a family
          > prior to his marriage. If this name comes up in the
          > future I will
          > certainly let you know.
          >

          > --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, "Cynthia
          > Pugliese"
          > <capugliese@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > I have a Henry Pendergrass who was my
          > grandmother's first husband
          > (her was his second wife). He died during the big
          > flu epidemic. All
          > I know about him is that he married my grandmother
          > and died shortly
          > after. Frances Lambert found their marriage at the
          > courthouse:
          > Henry Pendergrass And Lucy Stringer Married 6 sept
          > 1918. I think
          > Henry was about 23 when they were married. I don't
          > know exactly when
          > he died, but my grandmother had remarried (to my
          > grandfather) by 1921
          > and had a son born that year. If you ever run
          > across him, or know
          > of him, I'd like to know who his parents were.
          > >
          > > Cindy Pugliese

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • Cynthia Pugliese
          Message 4 of 21 , Jul 9, 2006
            My Henry Pendergrass would have been born about 1895. That means he should be in a 1900 and 1910 censuses, but died before the 1920 one.

            I found a death record for a Henry Pendergrass

            Name: Henry Pendergrass Death Date: 19 Oct 1918 Death County: Jackson Volume: 22 Roll: 2 Page #: 152

            Would there be other information available on a death certificate? Would it indicate parents or wife?

            Cindy Pugliese

            Message 5 of 21 , Jul 22, 2006
              Does anyone know of a William Pendergrass living in or around Jackson County
              in 1890? William Pendergrass sign the marriage bond with Mack Bowen (Mac
              Bowen) in 1891 when Mac and Mary Paradise married. I have been unable to find
              where Mac was living prior to 1900 or find his family before that time. I hope
              by finding where William Pendergrass lived it might be a clue to a location for
              Mac. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
              Jean Bowen
              Gullick99@...

            • Clay Gullatt
              Message 6 of 21 , Jul 22, 2006
                Jean

                William Pendergrass b. Apr 1856 AL TN AL was living in Limrock.

                Clay

              • Gullick99@aol.com
                Message 7 of 21 , Jul 22, 2006
                  Thank you Clay. You are always so much help. We appreciate all you do to
                  help us find our families.
                  Jean Bowen
                  Gullick99@...

                • Eulonda Owens
                  Message 8 of 21 , Aug 15, 2006
                    Regina, I am also trying to connect some dots in the Michael Gold line. Do you know of any written proof that shows Thomas Gold of Alabama (father of Peter Holland Gold)
                    to be the son of Michael Gold of Lincoln county Tennessee. I have the book by Ray Gold "Traces of Gold" but the DAR association requires written proof. Thanks for any help.

                    rgpipes@... wrote:
                    Have you been in contact with Jean PENDERGRAFT? I think this is her
                    husbands family. Last e-mail address I saw of hers was
                    bjp32178@.... This was a long time ago so it may not be good any
                    more.
                    Regina

                    _____