Re: [jacksongenealogy] Surnames

  • Phebelyn@aol.com
    Message 1 of 24 , Nov 8, 2000
      In a message dated 11/08/2000 10:27:41 PM Eastern Standard Time,
      Jpete75910@... writes:

      << Phoebe:
      What was the name of the Clemens that your Grandmother married?

      It wasn't my Grandmother. It was my Grandmother's first cousin who married
      Ray Clemens. My Mother said he was from Louisiana. But they lived in
      Jackson Co., AL. His widow still lives there. She lives in Dutton, Alabama.
      Phoebe
    • bbrock1945@aol.com
      Message 2 of 24 , Feb 11, 2006
        Hello,
        Still searching for a MATHERSEY (Therza/Thersey) born 1820 AL. She married
        Peter BLACKWELL.

        I believe she may have been the sister of a JOHN WILLIAMS and their mother
        a CHRISTINA WILLIAMS b. 1793 in KY, who was on the 1850 Federal Census record
        for Jackson County, District 21, Alabama.

        "Chistena, age 57 with Bethany 21, Hesira 16, Sally 14, Thomas 12 and Nancy
        20, (living in household # 444.)

        If anyone has any information on these people I would greatly appreciate
        hearing from you.

        Thank you,
        Brenda